When The Dragon and The Unicorn Became Closer

When The Dragon and The Unicorn Meets

 

"You have wings.  Why don't you just fly up and get away from here?"  The unicorn asked.
 
 
"I would have done that a long time ago if I was able to.  Whenever I try it, I would suddenly feel a hard pull of gravity.  I believe it must be the forest's magic."  The dragon replied as he walked uncomfortably with his large body bumping against a lot of trees.  "I hate walking in narrow places."  He grumbled.  He was tempted to burn down multiple trees to make a pathway but the forest would kill the fire before it would be able to burn any of the trees down.
 
 
"So why were you hurt? Who hurt you? Why did you choose to drop yourself here when you know this forest isn't exactly safe?"
 
 
"Why the heck are you so talkative?! Stop asking questions or I'll kick you."  The dragon's feet was basically the same size as the unicorn's body.
 
 
"I'm curious."  The unicorn pouted. (Do unicorns pout to begin with? XD)  "I want to get to know more about my new friend.  It's not like I can spread any of your secrets.   We would probably be stuck in this forest for years if we don't die soon that is."
 
 
Kris didn't like the thought of being stuck in the forest for years or dying in the forest.  "What's the point of escaping my enemies if I'm going to die here? We are either going to get out somehow on our own or we'll find the gate to the human world and I'll ask the gatekeeper to show me the way out."
 
 
"That sounds like a good plan.  So why do you have enemies?"
 
 
Kris groaned at Lay's neverending questions.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Since they didn't have any other form of entertainment, they had to talk a lot or rather Lay talked a lot about his adventures.  Kris would just listen and comment every now and then.  He hadn't shared anything about himself until Lay kept on begging him to talk about himself and poking his leg with the unicorn's horn.
 
 
"Fine! Stop poking me or I'll break that horn." The dragon threatened.  He was able to observe for the last few days that Lay only became well behaved when he was threatened or he wants to concentrate on something interesting.  "I'm a prince of the fire dragon clan."
 
 
The unicorn's jaw dropped.  "I've been poking my horn to a draong prince all along?!?!"
 
 
"Yes.  That's exactly what you do to me everyday."  Kris nodded.  "I was trying to escape from the wind dragons who planned to take over my clan but I was injured and there's nowhere else to hide so I decided to take my chance and just drop myself in this forest."  The dragon sighed because he was slightly regretting that decision but he really didn't have any other choice.
 
 
"So that's why you're so determined to get out of here.  You want to go back and save your clan."
 
 
"Unless my clan managed to save themselves or win against the wind dragons without me which I hope they do if I happen to die here."  Kris shrugged.  He already accepted the fact that he'll be stuck in the Forest of Myst for a long time if he doesn't die soon.
 
 
"At least you still have me."  Lay tried to cheer up the dragon.
 
 
"Was that suppose to make me feel better?"  Kris raised an eyebrow.
 
 
"You ungrateful dragon prince!"  Lay poked the dragon's leg with his horn.
 
 
"Ow! Stop that!!!"  
 
 
To be continued...
 
 
A/N: I'm amused at Kris and Lay's interaction XD!! so I kind of laugh while writing them in this chapter and in the previous chapters XD  I think there'll be about 2 "angsty" chapters left... hmm.... comments please?