CHAPTER 003: STAY TOGETHER

SOUL | 영혼 | SM ENTERTAINMENT'S NEW GIRL GROUP | STORY START

"Xiong Mao, I don't think this is a good idea..." Chaerin muttered, casting a doubtful look towards the said girl. Xiong Mao, however, just laughed it off. "Nonsense, unnie! This is only a small prank. After all, it's not like he'll never ba able to walk again after the prank's been done."

"But Hyun Ah unnie's going to have our heads when she finds out about this," Chaerin protested, trying to reason with the Main Rapper. Xiong Mao shook her head, a devilish smirk on her face. "Hyun Ah unnie said that I won't play pranks on the other members, but she didn't say that I won't play pranks on our label-mates."

Chaeein caught on what Xiong Mao had said and gave her an exasperated look. "I honestly have no idea how Tao deals with you..." Xiong Mao took a short glance over the corner and her eyes lit up when she saw a certain Evil Maknae walking down the halls. Quickly, Xiong Mao pushed Chaerin towards Kyuhyun. "Quick, unnie! Distract him for me!"

"W-wait! What?!" Chaerin protested but to no avail. With a hard shove, Chaerin bumped into Kyuhyun. The Evil Maknae of Super Junior was caught off guard but he managed to prevent them from sprawling to the ground. "Chaerin-ah?"

The Lead Vocalist immediately straightened herself and gave a quick bow. "Annyeong, Kyuhyun sunbae!"

Kyuhyun nodded. "Annyeong, Chaerin, but call me 'oppa', not 'sunbae'."

"R-right," Chaerin stammered slightly. "So, sunbae — I mean, oppa — what are you doing here in Korea? I thought you were in China."

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. "Does it look like I'm in China?"

"No! I mean, I thought you were still busy with the promotions for Super Junior-M." Chaerin said. Kyuhyun looked at her skeptically. "Chaerin-ah... Super Junior-M's promotions ended last year."

While Chaerin was busy entertaining Kyuhyun with questions of pure nonsense, Xiong Mao lay low on the floor and begun to tie the shoe laces together. After Chaerin's seventh question, Kyuhyun was beginning to feel annoyed. "Look, Chaerin, I'm really busy right now so I need to go. Now."

"W-wait! I have something to tell you!" Chaerin exclaimed, trying to stop the Evil Maknae from leaving. Kyuhyun flashed her an irtitated look. "What is it now, Chaerin?"

"Saranghamnida, Kyuhyun oppa!" Chaerin blurted out, her face turning bright red in embarrassment when her mind finally registered what she had said.

Awkward silence.

Xiong Mao had to bite her cheek to resist the urge to laugh out loud. 'Oh God, Chaerin unnie is really bad at this,' Xiong Mao thought to herself as she finally finished tying down Kyuhyun's shoe laces. By the time she was done, Kyuhyun looked down and stared at Xiong Mao weirdly. "Xiong Mao, what are you doing on the floor?"

"I found it!" Xiong Mao exclaimed, pretending to pick up something from the ground. Kyuhyun was baffled. "Found what?"

"My contact lenses, duh." Xiong Mao said with an obvious tone, rolling her eyes to add the effect.

"I didn't know you wear contact lenses..." Kyuhyun mused out loud.

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me." Xiong Mao said. linking arms with Chaerin. "Now, come on unnie. We still need to get to the recording studio."

Xiong Mao pulled the still frozen Chaerin away before Kyuhyun could say another word. The Evil Maknae just shrugged and as he began to walk, he yelped as he was sent sprawling towards the ground. He looked at his shoe laces and noticed that they were tied together. He frowned, wondering why his shoe laces were tied together. Then a sudden realization hit him as he yelled out.

"XIONG MAO!"

Once they were in a safe distance, Xiong Mao let out a laugh. Chaerin's face was still red as she crossed her arms over her chest and huffed, "Yah! That was not funny!"

"Oh God, that was hilarious, unnie!" Xiong Mao exclaimed between laughs. "Wait till I'll tell Ryeowookie about this!"

"Do tell and I'll promise you that you will never be able to sing or rap ever again." Chaerin said, faking a sweet smile.

"But you've got to admit, that was funny." Xiong Mao, grinning.

"What's funny?"

"We didn't do anything!" Chaerin immediately blurted out when she and Xiong Mao jumped in surprise to find Hyun Ah standing behind them. Hyun Ah stared at the two with a skeptical look. "Okay... anyways, here's the sheet music for our new song."

Hyun Ah handed two sheet music to the two girls, both of them which they gladly accept. Chaerin took a good look on the lyrics and mused. "Stay Together, huh? That's a nice title."

"So what's the concept this time? Something like Pretty Boy?" Xiong Mao queried. Hyun Ah just shook her head. "Ani. Stay Together is more of a... ballad style, compared to Pretty Boy."

"So what's it all about? About us staying together?" Xiong Mao questioned again. This time, Chaerin was the one who answered the question. "Ani, Xiong Mao. If you look at the lyrics closely, Stay Together talks about the sadness and regret of the girl, who had just been broken up with, and wishes that they were still together with her lover."

"Exactly what Chaerin had said." Hyun Ah stated. "We'll be recording the song later, so memorize your lyrics while you still have the time to do so. I know that Jinkyo sprained her ankle, and I really don't want to know the reason why, but might as well record our new song while our promotions for Pretty Boy are put on hold. Got it?"

Xiong Mao and Chaerin nodded. "Got it."

"Good. So, have any of you seen Sung Hwa or Hyeomin by chance?" Hyun Ah asked. Xiong Mao and Chaerin looked at each other before turning to their leader and shook their heads in unison. Hyun Ah sighed and said, "Fine. You two better memorize those lyrics."

With the last word, Hyun Ah left the two girls alone. "Hyun Ah unnie's improving her leadership abilities, arrasso?"

Chaerin mused. Xiong Mao nodded. "Arasso."

----

AUTHOR'S CORNER:

Updated! I'm currently on mobile right now so I really couldn't edit much on the font, size and alignment.

Anyways, I hope you guys are satisfied with this chapter! ^^