Je vous aime

Je vous aime

_____'s POV

Intruder alert.

I turned to look behind but the owner of the voice is already on my right, continuously singing the chorus with his coarse voice that sounds like he just woke up.

I squinted my eyes at him trying to figure out who he is but lights below aren't enough. I reached out for my phone, pressed the screen until it lights up, and faced the screen on him.


I found myself gripping onto my phone tightly and my mouth open.

 

HOLY KRISUS!


Kris' POV

THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD

My eyebrows creased. I turned my back from where the loud, annoying sound came from, expecting it to stop. And it did. Back to sleep. I am slowly starting to doze off until I heard someone shout from the same place again,

"YYYYEEEEAHHHHH THIS IS LIFE!!" Damn. So annoying. I craned my neck, lifting it and took a peek at the person with my right eye. Then a pain abruptly emerged from my neck, I guess I craned over a little too much and hit a nerve. Damn, I hope this doesn't swell. I sat up carefully and stretched my arms and legs. I guess I had a good nap, I didn't dream about anything at all. I heaved a sigh and took out my phone to check the time: 22:53pm. 4 minutes of rest. I want more. Several minutes left. I gently rubbed the right side of my neck easing the pain away while thinking if whether I should stay or not.


I drew my head upwards and took a look at the girl. A thought abruptly came to my mind. There goes my Rose DeWitt Bukater huh. I removed my hand from my neck and decided to just observe this girl until break time ends. I watched her in amusement as she started to stand up and sit down and did it again twice before stomping her feet angrily. I guess she can't see the city if she sits down. I smirked and stood up.

Time to know who this girl is.


I walked towards her quietly. I can see her dim silhouette behind the faint gleam the lights from below provides. She settled herself by resting both of her elbows on the wall barricade and turned up her music. I am now only a few meters behind her. I could close this up with a few long strides but taking hints from here will bring me some thrill. I scrutinized her outfit.

Let me see... A beanie—she bobbed her head upwards—with circle ears. I squinted my eyes a little to determine the color of her top. That's a sweater, a red one. I racked my mind, remembering who wore a red sweater today.

My body turned stiff when I realized it's _____ standing a few meters in front of me.


To be honest, I wasn't expecting any girl to come here in the rooftop and most especially I didn't expect the girl to be _____. The Jack-Rose part was just a mere scenario I remembered when I lied down on that bench. Coincidence, maybe. Now what should I do? She is not going to commit suicide, I'm sure of it. And it's a good thing because I can't fly to catch her. But if she's going to fall for me that's when I can catch her.


The first song ended.

Hey Girl, you’re my sunshine and my little princess…

A song I'm not familiar with. But it tells my description for _____. I glanced at her for a second before looking upwards and let out a heavy sigh from my mouth. This is it. I've been wishing for a conversation with her. Not with her, me, and another person, but only her and me. And now that it came, I am never going to let this pass. I closed my eyes and did some inhale-exhale deeply. I need a minute. Just a minute to ready my guts because this is the first time. I don't want to screw this up. I've never been good with chatting with a girl and keeping it smooth. But I'll try my best in this one.

We've never been engaged in a conversation before, like just the two of us. It was always her and EXO-M/EXO or me, her, and Xiumin hyung. I don't know how and when did they become so comfortable with each other. They would even exchange a glance and suddenly laugh. It was weird but it made me realize that they are not just 'people who know each other'. I never asked Xiumin hyung about their relationship, but he isn't a hyung for nothing. He told me one night that him and _____ are close friends and nothing more.

I breathed in a lungful of air one last time before I continue heading towards her. The music is still the same one but I guess it's coming to an end. I steadied myself, half an arm away behind her. I have to practice for a minute in my mind. The music ended and it was replaced by a familiar tune.


I thought it was a dream so I closed my eyes and opened them again...

It's Into Your World; the Korean version.


I listened until an unfamiliar voice blended in in the 3rd line. It is soft, almost a whisper.

I am close to losing my mind. It is the only voice that can. I lean in a little to have a good hear. Listening to her sing made me want to sing along... So I did-unexpectedly. I am partially in my right mind, I told you I am close to losing it. She cringed and stiffened. I smirk and continued to sing. My hands reached out for the wall which is only until the lower part of my abdomen. I looked straight ahead to keep her from knowing me.

She's panicking, I can tell. I watched her in my peripheral vision as she reached for her phone and faced it at me. I turned my head on the left to look at her but the light from the phone is too bright.


_____'s POV

How the hell did he...?! My eyes widened. I put down my phone when I noticed that he started to squint his eyes from the light.

"Sorry." I heard a light chuckle from him.

2 seconds passed. Why is he still looking at me?

I turned away from him. Doesn't he know that his stare can make people lose their sanity? I looked at him slowly to see if he's still staring. I sighed in relief when I found him looking down at the street below.


Silence enveloped us for 19.4 seconds. This is so uncomfortable.

"Do you like Pizza?" He asked. I took a glance at him before answering.

"Yeah. Why'd you ask?"

"I saw you gawking at a certain food on the table awhile ago. Was it Pizza?" He turned again to look at me. I looked his way. The second my eyes landed on him, the word "gorgeous" filled my mind.

I notice him shift his arms awkwardly. "Oh sorry. What did you say?" God, this is so embarrassing. "It's okay. It's just that I saw you gawking at a certain food on the table awhile ago. Was it Pizza?" I am still looking at him. You can understand, right? I mean, how can you look away from him? I like the view of him better than the city scape. His presence alone can attract you.

"I like Pizza too but it wasn't what I was 'gawking' at awhile ago. It's the plate of grilled cheese sandwiches." I smiled at him while racking my mind for some good conversation starter. "I see..." He looked at the street below again.

Silence enveloped us again. Awkward.

"Uhhhh... Do you like grilled cheese?" I asked. "I think I do. It tastes good but it's not my favorite." I nodded at his answer. "How long were you here?" I asked. I didn't remember seeing him when I came here. "I was lying down there..." He pointed at a long bench located on a corner at the back. I followed where he's pointing at. "... since 10:48pm."

"It's too dark in there. That's why I didn't see you when I scanned the place, I guess. I woke you up right? I'm sorry." I apologized.

"That's your 3rd time. Don't say that again." His tone is serious. "Okay." I tried to focus on the view as awkwardness enveloped us again.

Into Your World played again, but it's the Chinese version.

I suddenly thought about how I want to end my feelings tonight. I think I'll go with it, even if he's standing beside me right now. It doesn't prove anything. So this is what they call that thing... that thing where you're standing beside someone you like yet it feels like he's far away. And it hurts to feel like this. I let out a heavy sigh.


This is not comfortable at all. I assume that he wants to go back down now. I tapped my phone's screen and looked at the time: 22:59. "It's 1 minute until 11 o'clock. You know you can go back down now if you want." I said as I continued to scan the view. "Are you telling me to go away? Do you dislike me that much?" Is it just me or I sense a pang in his tone? I abruptly looked at him and he's looking at the city with his eyebrows slightly crimped. But there's something not right. He isn't looking at the view, he's looking at nowhere. Damn, I just made him angry. I want to slap myself for not being careful of my words. I'm sorry.

"Don't misunderstand. It's just that it's really awkward right now and if it makes you uncomfortable you can go back down now. It's okay with me, really." I scanned his face for some changes but it didn't. "I don't find this awkward and I'm not uncomfortable at all. Seems like it's you who wants to go back down?" He looked at me questioningly. Still with a hint of pang in his voice. "No! No. I'll stay here. I have to wait until 11:11pm." I said, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. "Why? Are you going to make a wish?" He asked mockingly. I rolled my eyes at him and clicked my tongue. Let's see, awhile ago he's acting as if he's hurt and now he's mocking me.

Yes. I'm going to make a wish. And it concerns you. I didn't answer him and went back to looking at the city. My phone suddenly rang. I reached out for it and saw an unregistered number. I hesitated but answered it.

"Hello?"

"Oh. This is Jaesuk." There is 2 Jaseuk that I know. Ahn and Han.

"Jaeseuk who?"

"Han Jaesuk. So where are you? After 28 minutes, filming will resume so make sure you go back here before 11:30pm, alright? Alright. Bye~" And by that, he hung up. I glared at my screen before setting it down on the  top of the wall.

"Who was that?"

"It's Mr. Han. He told me to go down before 11:30pm."

"What time is it now anyway?" He pointed at my phone. I sighed. Can't you just look at your own phone? Sheesh.

"It's 11:02-no, it's 11:03pm."

"I think it's time." I looked at him weirdly. He's closing his eyes and is breathing heavily. Does he need to go to the toilet or...? He suddenly opened his eyes and looked at me. Surprised by his actions, I took a step back.

"W-what?" He returned back to his previous position and rested his elbows on the wall. I carefully went back to my previous position too but put a safe distance from him.

"I... uhh... something to say." There goes his heavy breathing again.

"What is it? You need to go to the bathroom?" I asked jokingly but mean it too. He looks like he's struggling. I don't want him to get sick because of that.

"No! what the-?! Nevermind." I hate myself.

"Oh." I forced a laugh. "Apologies. So what do you want to say?"

"I mean ask. Do you like someone right now?" He asked.

"Yes. Why?"

He looked at me for a second before answering back. "Nothing. I'm just curious." I eyed him for awhile. I feel like taking a risk and confess to him now. But I'm afraid of what he'll say. About what he feels. I'm scared that I'd be rejected.

He must have felt my stare at him so he covered his face with his left hand. Ohhh how cute! I let out a chuckle and tried to remove his hand away from his face.

"_____, I want to say something. I just hope this won't change everything." He said a few seconds after I stopped trying to remove his hand away. I have a gut feeling that he's going to say something staggering.


I looked at him, waiting for what he's going to say next when the door burst open and loud footsteps suddenly erupted. We both looked at the door, I saw Luhan, D.O., and Sehun coming towards us. There were 4 others that is near the door but they went back inside before closing it. I looked back at D.O who is going toawards us.

"Hyung! What are you doing here with _____ noona?" D.O. asked Kris. He looked at Kris and then at me pryingly as he walks toward us. Luhan and Sehun settled themselves on the right side of the rooftop. "We're just chatting." Kris answered simply.

"Oh. Hi _____ noona! How are you?" D.O. waved at me and smiled.

"I'm doing fine, Kyungsoo. How about you?"

"Me too. So noona, have you seen our stage last Sunday? What do you think?" He asked me with his usual round eyes looking at me.

"I've seen it. It was great!" I gave him two thumbs up but he put both of his palms in front of me asking for a high five, so I did.


Kris' POV

I prepared myself to tell her what I've been keeping in for years when the door burst open and pieces of came in. I glared at them. Stupid moment ruiners. Especially D.O., he likes _____ too. He just admitted this Tuesday when we played Truth or Dare in the dorm.

"Hyung! What are you doing here with _____ noona?" Kyungsoo eyed me, or glared at me, and then looked at _____. "We're just chatting." I simply said. He ignored me and directly asked _____ about our stage performance last Sunday. _____ answered back while smiling. She gave him a thumbs up but D.O. asked for a high five. I glared at him, having a hint of what he's planning to do. They highfived but Kyungsoo held her hands and grasped it for seconds before letting go. I threw Kyungsoo an unpleasant stare. First, that fanboy. And now D.O.? Just what is up with _____ and guys initiating skinship with her?!

 

They talked about stuff. _____ tried to get me to their conversation but Kyungsoo kept on ignoring me. I rolled my eyes at his childishness and looked away.

I scanned the rooftop and spotted Luhan and Sehun at the right side of the rooftop. I fished out my phone and looked at the time: 23:07pm. I busied myself with the view while waiting for Kyungsoo to get out of the scene.


I looked at the time again: 23:12. _____ missed 11:11pm because of him. Tsk.

"Kyungsoo-ya!" I turned around and looked to where the voice came from. My eyes widened when I came to notice that it is Xiumin hyung. He came running and stopped in front of us. He held Kyungsoo's arm. "We need you downstairs. There's something..." He pulled Kyungsoo despite his protests and dragged him towards the door. I looked at _____ and she looked at me too. I just shrugged my shoulders and turned back around.

Suddenly, I felt something vibrate on my jacket's pocket. I pulled my phone out to see 1 new message. I opened it.


From: Xiumin
Time sent: 23:13PM

Be sure to come down before filming resumes.

Thank me later.



I don't know if I should feel worried or grateful now that Xiumin hyung knows too. But I can't deny that I slightly feel grateful. I put back my phone and prepared myself again. This time, hopefully no one s again. I looked back at Luhan and Sehun and they don't seem like they'll ruin the moment any second soon.

I turned to look at _____. "I..."


_____'s POV

"I missed 11:11pm!!" I groaned while looking at my phone. I clutched my head.

"It's okay. There's still 11:11am." I looked at Kris who is looking at me too.

"But I promised myself it should be tonight..."

"Just wish it tomorrow morning, okay? What are you going to wish for anyway?"

"My wish?" I hesitated. He doesn't even know so it's okay. "I wish that I can move on from my feelings entirely. So I can start all over again." I answered back before letting out a sigh.

"You mean, that person you like right now?"

"Yeah." I let out a sigh again. Kris' hand suddenly went in front of my face and made motions like catching something and putting it back on me. "What are you doing?" I looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Don't you know that when you sigh, you let out a bit of your happiness too?" He said while smiling. I looked at him, smile slowly overtaking my face. I had a sudden urge to hug him but I managed to resist. So I just told him a "Thank you" for putting back some of the happiness I let go.


"So..." Kris started.

"So I want to continue what I'm going to tell awhile ago before they interrupted."

"What is it then? Say it, HunHan is coming!" I said after taking a look at HunHan to see if they are coming towards us. Fortunately, they aren't. I am just trying to make him tell it quick so no one can interrupt anymore.

I looked at Kris waiting for what he's going to say next. He warily glanced at the two. He abruptly returned his gaze at me. "You're lying!" I waved it off. "Just sayi it, come on! Before they come here for real." He glanced again at the two. He took a step towards me and said, "Je vous aime."

I stood there dumbfounded. For a moment, I thought about what language was it that came out from his mouth.

I looked up at Kris, he's looking back at me expecting for an answer.

And that's when it broke down on me, just like someone threw a ball at me unexpectedly, I stood there stunned. I am aware I look like gawking at Kris right now. Boy, I can't explain what I feel.

"You two! It's nearly 11:30pm. We'll go down first. Come down soon, okay?" Luhan's tap on my shoulder made me stagger a bit. I dumbly nodded at him and looked back at Kris.

"......" Really, Kris? Did you just tell me you like me?

"You... understood that right? I heard you've been in Canada for 6 years. French is-"

"Yes." Kris looked shocked. "I mean yes, I understood what you said." His face fell. "But how? When? Why?" I asked. I've been observing him, how come I didn't even notice anything?

He just shrugged and showed me that gummy smile I've always considered as my sunshine. Damn it. My chest hurts so bad. It's like my heart is going to jump out in any second.

My phone rang. I looked at the screen and saw the unregistered number again. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I whispered. I feel like I just got up from a hangover, except that it's my chest that hurts not my head.

"YAH!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! IT'S 11:27pm ALREADY! COME BACK HERE IN 5 SECONDS OR ELSE!!!" And he hung up.

"He sure likes to hang up on me." I mumbled as I slipped my phone on my pocket. I took a step backwards and turned to my right. I told Kris we should go down now.

 

We are on our way to the elevator and silence entrapped us. I still haven't told him something. We both stopped in front of the first elevator. Kris is on my right. I raised my hand to push the 'Up' button but he beat me to it.

Ding.

I went inside first then him. This time, the buttons are on my side so I raised my right hand and pushed the button '3'. The doors closed and WTF?? I lean in a little and looked at my reflection on the door. The reflection is a little blurry but the color of my face is visible: redish. I heard a light chuckle at my left so I leaned back.

"You look cute when you blush." He said. Well, it's your fault.

"I heard that." I looked at him, my left eyebrow raised. For someone who just confessed, he's pretty calm.

"You heard what?" He looked back at me smirking, "That it's my fault."

I didn't know it can happen in real life; speaking your thoughts out loud. "You're hearing things." I looked away at him.

"Whatever you say." He paused. "So, will you tell me who that someone is?"

"The person I like?" I glanced at him through his reflection. He nodded.

"Yeah. Sure."

He kept quiet, probably waiting for me to tell him. I checked what floor we're in; 5. Just 1 floor left. I waited a little more and,

Ding.

The door is starting to open.

"It's Kris Wu Fan." I finally said.

Then I scampered out of the elevator immediately and run towards the staff room. I just hope he's not chasing me. When I came in, only DBSK and some of the SNSD unnies are left. I scurried towards Jaejoong oppa.

I sat on the seat beside him. "He knows." I said while panting. He looked at me weirdly. "What are you talking about, Jaeri? And where did you came from? You look... flustered." He then brought his pointing finger towards my face and poked my cheek. "You're blushing too." I tiredly put his hand down and put my hands over my face while resting my elbows on my knees.

"Go back to the platform immediately. We're going to film the last part." PD-nim said from the door. I stood up and went back with Taeyeon unnie beside me, asking me if I'm okay and that she'll protect me from hugging fanboys in the future. 

 

Everyone is almost ready, sitting on their proper seats when we entered. I immediately looked at where Kris sits but it's vacant. Where is he? I instantly looked around, searching for Kris when someone held my shoulders and pushed me towards my sit.

"I'm so happy right now." Kris said. It's so obvious, duh. I wonder if he's smiling as he said that. I want to see it!

I nodded instead since he can't hear me anyway if I answer.

"I like you, _____." He whispered. I stiffened as I felt his breath land on my skin. I warily looked at everyone in front of me, fortunately they're occupied by chatting with each other. I casted a glance at DBSK's area and they're all looking at us while smiling mockingly. I widened my eyes in alarm and immediately broke out from Kris' grip. I darted towards my seat and glimpsed at Kris standing there smirking.

"Okay! Okay! Ready yourselves!" PD-nim clapped.

Kris then started to make his way towards his seat. I watch him as he ily walk towards his seat. I can't believe that heavenly creature right there likes me. I grinned as I remember what happened on the rooftop.

"Someone's happy~" I looked at my right and saw Jaejoong swaying side to side while looking at me with an annoyingly happy face. I tilted my head to see the other members behind him and they also have that annoying smile painted on their faces. I looked away from them. I refuse their offer to ruin my happy mood.

I look at Kris again and I found him staring at me. I smiled at him mouthed the words, "I like you too". And he gave me that gummy smile again. Omo! How cute! Come to think of it, should I hug him after this? I giggled a bit at his smile, eyes still glued at him although PD-nim is starting his counts already.

 

I guess... I guess I don't have to get rid of my feelings aymore.

"Okay... in 3, 2, 1... Action!"

 

{A/N: I really don't know how to end this, and I'm honestly not satisfied with it. But I hope you like it. Thank you  and goodbye!}