Being stuck in between.

Sweet Injury

 

KYUNGSOO'S POV:
 
 
 
I slowly woke up as I heard rustling sounds in the living room. My eyes blinked a couple of times as they adjusted to the room's light. I shifted over and grabbed my phone, only to notice that it was still 6:30 in the morning.
 
My body automatically sat up and I momentarily wondered what or who made the noise outside. My face started to scrunch up in worry as I shrugged of the thought of sasaeng fangirls making their usual tour in our dorm. I quietly stood up and avoided to make noise as much as possible.

Making my way towards the door to the living room, I briefly stopped and checked for my roommate. He was still sleeping soundly and cuddling his pillow for dear life. He looked so cute, so harmless that way. He always looked cute to you. Shut up brain. Just. Shut up.
 
 
I again went for the door, and carefully peeked outside. There was a slim, but curved figure slumped on the couch. I tilted my head as I noticed who it was. 
 
"Baekhyun? What are you doing so early in the morning? Anything wrong?" I questioned as I moved closer to the couch.
 
Baekhyun had eyebags and his face was turned into a frown.
 
When he slowly turned to me, he forced on a fake smile, "Nothing.." He weakly answered.
 
I always knew whenever he lied. I didn't like the way he kept on smiling so awfully like that. I placed myself next to him to assure him that he can entrust whatever problem he might have to me.
 
Gladly, Baekhyun caught on the small gesture and turned back and gave me one of his cutest smile, "Uh, hey Kyungsoo?"
 
"Yeah?" 
 
Baekhyun stood up and stretched. "Are you doing anything today?" He asked.
 
I shook my head 'no' and also stood up, "Nothing in particular. Why?"
 
His eyes started to sparkle as he pleasingly chuckled, "So that means you're free to hang out with me!" Baekhyun cheered. He noticed my blank face making him take my hands and shake them uncontrollably. "Just for today? Please?"
 
"Uhmm, well—" I mused as I smoothly took back my hands from his hold.
 
Baekhyun started to pout. No, please, not the pout. He put his hands together and started to beg, with the matching puppy dog eyes settled on his face. "Please? Pleaaaase? I don't want to ask anybody else."
 
I grunted as I surrendered, "Fine." His face started to light up and later I found myself tightly in his hold. I nervously pulled back. Afraid he might notice the blush on face, I turned back towards my room. "I'll wash up. J-just wait awhile."
 
He jumped back on the couch and obediently started to wait for me, still a smile forming on his face. "Hm 'kay."
 
 
-----------
 
    I walked side by side a prancing piece of joy who was smiling at every bit of scenery he found interesting. Little did I know that he was just inviting me out to walk at the park.
 
    He was suited in a cute oversized hoodie and black jeans with a blue bonnet to match his adorable look. While I, on the other hand wore a pathetic blue tshirt with matching dark pants. But no matter how similar our clothers appear to be, he looked a hundred times more cuter than me.
 
    I glanced sideways to see a couple of girls looking at us. It was slightly making me nervous and my breathing kind of hitched. Baekhyun seemed too oblivious of the stares but that didn't stop me from preparing myself to run and hide. Don't get me wrong, we love our fans, but well, sometimes we idols need to have space and we still do need to keep our private lives uhm, private. I hope they can understand.

    My heart's pace slowed down as I looked at them again. They were holding up their fists, giving us the fighting sign, meaning they'll be leaving us alone. For now.
 
     I turned my attention to the boy next to me. He was still smiling and looking around so simple-mindedly. He looked like a sad looking koala slumping on our living room chair just an hour ago and next thing I know, he turned into this cheerful little bunny, beaming up his face everywhere.

So much for keeping a low profile. I sighed. 
 
     My arm slightly brushed his side and I deliberately moved away. I noticed that ever since that scene with Kai, I never seemed to be acting like myself. I would be overly-conscious whenever I came in contact with Baekhyun. It makes me feel like I'm somehow betraying Kai. Even though I thouroughly know that we are not together.

Every single movement now makes me feel so weird. 
 
 
        Shrugging off the ridiculous thoughts in my head, I turned to Baekhyun and asked, "Tell me again why we're here?"
 
     Baekhyun seemed to ignore me and ran ahead and sat on one of the park benches. He patted the seat next to him, signaling me to sit over. Once I sat, he slumped to my side and breathed, "No reason.I just like this place. It's quiet. It's a good place to just be yourself."
 
       The cold wind seemed to have bothered Baekhyun because he snuggled closer to me. My body stiffened at the sudden contact. I tried to move sideways but was stopped when a hand caught my arm. Great, now he decides to be touchy.

        Baekhyun whined and comfortably placed his head on my neck when I tried to force my arm off. It didn't bother me. No, not much. But for God's sake, this is a public park and seeing two people— two idols to be in fact—cuddling in the open is just... Not good for our image.  

         "Baek," I whispered, worried that anyone else might see us, "Stop doing that, we're in public."
 
         Baekhyun snickered and gave me this disturbing look, "So you mean I can do this to you when we're alone?"
 
 
         Well, you. I grunted mentally.
He'll never be this touchy again when his problems fly away. Of course, I, the stupidly insane kind of person I am, was dumb enough to take this actions as a sign of hope. I wish I fall out of this stupid love soon enough.

         "No, Baek. That was not what I had in mind."
 
          Seeing my face scrunch up, he chuckled. The way his sweet voice vibrated next to my neck made squirm in discomfort. "It's okay, Kyungie,"Ah, yes, we wouldn't forget about my pet name would we? 

          Kyungie?, pshh. That foolish nickname that only Baekhyun calls me never did left my mind, not even once.
 
        "We won't be recognized." Baekhyun twisted in his seat. "Plus, if we get caught, I'm glad that I'm stucked with you.." He purred while I felt his nose rubbed on my neck which made my heart pause for awhile.
 
         His words and his actions hurt me. So much that I can't run away from him. I don't know whether I should be happy that he's with me or sad because this was the only time we'll hang out like this. You're with Chanyeol, stupid. At least remember that before snuggling with me. 
 
         I felt my cheeks flare out at those stupid, pretentious, and absolutely insane words. I stopped myself from thinking and focused on how the leaves rustled whenever the wind blew hard. Focused on anything and everything else but Baekhyun. Because I knew that jumping into conclusions would only make my heart ache a lot more. Jongin please, save me. 
 

this is too hard, awesome isn't helping me anymore since she's busy.

i need a co-author. FAST. or else i will have no choice than to drop the story /sighs