*~Turn 33~*

The Many Faces Of Love

Moments later, the door to Leejin’s room opened, and out slipped a figure dressed in the familiar school uniform. With the recent excitement, everybody failed to notice that this figure was much taller than they were, nor did they notice the apparently undersized uniform.

 

This is gobbledygook! I look like a ridiculous cross-dresser!

 

Tugging discreetly at the hems of his skirt, Kyuhyun grudging cursed in his heart as he made his way towards the exit. Despite having worn track pants underneath the skirt which was too short for his longer legs, the boy was still very self conscious at having to resort to wearing Leejin’s school uniform. Being bigger in build, the uniform was not only short, but tight-fitting as well.

 

Not to mention that the devious girl had insisted on tying a cute little ponytail at the top of his head with a red ribbon tie.

 

First thing Im going to do once I get out of here is to find a damn washroom and get out of this garbage!

 

Back in her room, an extremely amused Leejin watched as Kyuhyun crept his way towards the exit, diving behind trees whenever he spied someone coming his way. Truth spoken, she was rather surprised when the image-conscious boy agreed to her outlandish suggestion.

 

He must be really worried about Yonni… I think he likes her! Though I wonder what’s there about that babo to like. Haha… Speaking of which… Where did that babo really go? Not going home for the whole night? Aish… I better get a move on the campus.

 

Pulling the curtains together in a swift action, the worried girl grabbed her bag and left to begin her search. Despite having feigned being resentful about the fact that she had to help look for her only friend, it was only a façade to hide her anxiousness as she wished to uphold her cold and tough image.

 

You better not let me find you, Babo-ni… I’m not going to let you off for this!

 

 

After another 3 more hours of futile searching, Kyuhyun was back below their block of apartments. He was just about to turn when he spied the small park some distance away. Having searched all other possible locations and not finding Yonni, a resigned Kyuhyun started in its direction to try his luck.

 

It's really quiet here... A good place to relax... I wonder if this is the park that Yonni goes to with that cat-guy.

 

Feeling his anxiety lifting a little as he took in deep breaths of fresh air, he began looking more carefully for the missing girl. He had barely walked more than a few steps when he spied a middle-aged man behaving suspiciously. Kyuhyun followed the man with his eyes as the latter looked around sneakily and began walking forward at an increased speed. Curious, the boy stealthily shadowed him.

 

Hiding behind a tree, Kyuhyun watched as the man quietly approached a stone bench after throwing a couple of cautious looks around. Unfortunately, Kyuhyun's current position was at a bad angle, and he was unable to see what was on the bench. However, judging from the suspicious manner the man was behaving, it was apparent that he was up to no good.

 

Aish... I can't see anything! Hmm... What if I shifted slightly to the right?

 

However, he immediately regretted his nosiness when he noticed a person on the bench. Perhaps it was due to the chilly weather, but the person had curled himself onto a ball on the bench. Judging by the petite built, it was probably a female.

 

Aish... What does that man wants? I should probably do something... But I still have to go look for Yonni... But I can't just stand by and watch...

 

Turmoil tugging at his heart, Kyuhyun was torn between logic and moral obligations. As Kyuhyun stood there wrecked with indecision, the man was closing in on his prey.

 

Just then the figure on the bench stirred, moving to wrap her arms around herself more tightly. Kyuhyun was alarmed when he notice the thin bracelet on the person's right hand as it caught the sunlight.

 

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?!"

 

Kyuhyun's loud holler startled the man who was mere inches from touching the figure. The man, caught in the act, took off like the wind when he whipped around and saw Kyuhyun. Choosing to let the man go, the boy advanced towards the still figure lying on the bench.

 

It's her all right... Thank god...

 

Recognizing her bracelet the instant he saw it, Kyuhyun was relieved that he had finally found Yonni. The bracelet, a thin, silver personalized chain with alphabet charms spelling out the word "Pig-ni", was a handmade gift that he had given to the girl as a birthday present the previous year. She had complained when she saw the word he had chosen, but appreciated his effort nevertheless. She had then taken to wearing the piece of accessory since.

 

"An Yonni!"

 

Trying his best to look annoyed despite the relief in his heart, Kyuhyun was alarmed when she didn't stir. He called out her name a couple of times again to no avail. Genuinely concerned, he knelt down beside her bench.

 

"Yonni-ah? An Yonni! Noona!"

 

Finally after numerous pokes and shakes, she stirred, much to Kyuhyun's relief. However, her pale face immediately caused his anxiety to reach a whole new level.

 

"Yonni! Are you okay?"

 

"Hmm? Who-Wha- Kyu-Kyuhyun?"

 

Waking up gradually, Yonni found the world spinning around her. It took her a couple of seconds to get her bearings. When she finally came to her senses, she was surprised to see Kyuhyun beside her. Using Kyuhyun's arms as support, she tried to get up.

 

"Yonni!"

 

Kyuhyun rushed forward to catch her when Yonni collapsed the moment she stood up. Her frail form was vastly different from her usual vibrant self. It was obvious that Yonni wasn't feeling too good from the way she was heaving big gulps of air, as if she couldn't breathe properly.

 

"I'm sorry... I-I'll borrow your shoulders for just a moment..."

 

Leaning into her housemate warm shoulders as he placed his arms around her, Yonni thought she was going to die. Her head was spinning like an out-of-control top, felt like sandpaper and her body was aching all over.

 

A fitting ending after what I've done...

 

"You're burning up!"

 

Jumping a little as Kyuhyun placed a gentle hand on her forehead, Yonni feebly tried to push his hand away. However, the boy was not having any of it. He had felt her body trembling slightly when she leaned into his arms. However, her body temperature was so hot that Kyuhyun thought that he was hugging a lump of red-hot charcoal.

 

"I-I'm fine..."

 

"Don't give me that! You are running a fever!"

 

"I'm just cold..."

 

"Cold? You're warmer than boiling water!"

 

"If I am, you should be cooked by now..."

 

Laughing feebly as she made an attempt to crack a joke, Yonni pushed herself away from the boy. Kyuhyun frowned as she sneezed and wrapped her arms around her body.

 

"Wh-What are you doing?"

 

Yonni rasped as a trench coat wrapped itself around her, bringing warmth to her otherwise cold body. Looking over to her left, she saw Kyuhyun sitting there in just a thin T-Shirt and jeans.

 

"Just keep quiet,"

 

"You're gonna fall sick like this!"

 

"You already fell sick!"

 

"Kyuhyun... Take it back! I don't want you to fall sick!"

 

"And I don't wanna have to find Heechul hyung a new sister because his old one froze to death right in front of me!"

 

"Kyuhyun..."

 

"Can you stop being so stubborn? I'd already missed out on my sleep last night because you didn't come home. Don't test me now,"

 

At Kyuhyun's tone which was bordering on hostility, Yonni immediately fell silent. She was actually very grateful for the warm clothing because the chills were beginning to seep into her bones.

 

"I know you didn't sleep last night... But tomorrow's Sunday! You can sleep in for all you want..."

 

Stifling a yawn, Yonni did a small stretch before pulling the trench coat more tightly around her. Beside her, Kyuhyun was staring at her openmouthed.

 

"Do you have any idea what time it is now?"

 

"Hmm? Time? Umm... 3 or 4 in the afternoon?"

 

"On a Sunday! You didn't come home last night, you babo!"

 

"Sun-Sunday? But...But it was a Saturday when I came here..."

 

With wide open, the girl was extremely shocked to hear that she had been gone for the entire night. She hurriedly pulled out her phone, only to realise that the device was completely flat.

 

"Does...Does Heechul oppa know about this?"

 

"Do you want me to die? If he finds out that you stayed out for the whole night without giving him notice, he'll tear the messenger to pieces before coming after you!"

 

"Then... Then we need to go home now! Before he..."

 

"YONNI!"

 

Collapsing the moment she tried to stand up, Yonni was lucky that Kyuhyun managed to catch her before she hit the ground. He then set her down on the bench gently.

 

"I'm sorry... I... I out for a while there... Hey!"

 

"Get on,"

 

Dumping his haversack unceremoniously into Yonni's lap midway through her sentence, Kyuhyun got down on one knee with his back facing her. Surprised by his sudden action, the girl simply stared at his back.

 

"Kyuhyun?"

 

"I said get on! Hurry... Before I change my mind and leave you to crawl all the way back,"

 

"I..."

 

"Aish... Didn't you say you wanted to get home before Heechul hyung finds out that you've been out for the entire night?"

 

"I do! But... I'm heavy..."

 

"Of course pigs are heavy! But I don't have a choice. I rather be crushed to death by you than to risk being hacked by hyung,"

 

"Yah!"

 

"Just get on,"

 

Grateful, she gently slid her arms around his neck after leaning in softly onto his bag. After making sure Yonni was comfortable, Kyuhyun stood up slowly and moved off. The boy was trying his best to move with softer movements in order to lessen the amount of bouncing that Yonni had to endure with his every step.

 

"Pfft,"

 

"What's so funny?"

 

"I was just thinking. All the other times I've been on your back, my hands were either busy tearing out your hair or strangling you!"

 

"After all this while, you finally realised how barbaric you are towards me?”

 

“Most of the times you deserved it, you brat. You should have more respect for your noona,”

 

“Then this noona will have to be more mature and use her non-existent brain more. Staying out the whole night without notice and making your hoobae worry is not very noona-like you know?”

 

“Aigoo… Our poor Kyuhyun has been worried about Noona? Mianhaeyo…”

 

“That’s disgusting! How many times must I tell you to stop addressing yourself as Noona?”

 

“I can’t help it when I popped out of my mum before you did! Maybe you should have sent a courier pigeon or something so I would know to wait for you to get out first. Then you can be the oppa!”

 

“If I had known you from birth, I don’t think I’ll live to hear you address me as oppa,”

 

“Mwo? Do you want to die?”

 

“Yah, if you have the energy to scold me, get off and walk on your own. Do you know you’re heavier than an elephant? It’s time for you to go on a diet. You should be thankful that I am very strong!”

 

“An elephant? I’m a cat! Yaong~~”

 

“Only you can make me want to puke. If you’re a cat, there will be a lot abandoned felines in the streets,”

 

“Do you want me to strangle you again?”

 

“Do you want me to drop you?”

 

“I’m already sick and you’re threatening me?”

 

“Go to sleep if you’re really sick! You’re too annoying for a sick person!”

 

“You’re all bones! It’s really uncomfortable to sleep on your back!”

 

“Unlike you, who have fats covering your entire body. You’re squishy like a marshmallow!”

 

“Mwo! Marshmallow?! You’re a walking skeleton!”

 

“Pig-ni,”

 

“Yo-“

 

“Aish! Shut up and go to sleep! If not I’m really going to let go!”

 

“Heechul will kill you if I don’t get home safely,”

 

Sticking out her tongue playfully at the annoyed tone which Kyuhyun had adopted, Yonni finally quietened down after taking one last stab at the tormented boy. He heaved a exaggeratingly loud sigh of relief, trying to mask the chuckle that was threatening to escape from his mouth due to the amusing exchange that just took place.

 

“Oh! Look! Jinnie’s over there!”

 

“Elephant-Jin? Where?”

 

“There! By the…”

 

Turning his head in the direction where Yonni was pointing, he froze midway in his steps for the same reason by which Yonni had trailed off halfway in her sentence. Not far away from them, Leejin was walking towards them. However, it was the man with her that caused them to react in this manner. A familiar figure whose arms were hanging casually around her shoulders.

 

“Lee-Leeteuk oppa?”