Chapter 5

For Me; For You


Chapter 5

Seungri sat across from the guys as they noisily ate their food. It wasn’t lunch but it wasn’t dinner either, they were just eating an array of entrees from both meal types. He watched Jiyong closely, something was off about him even though the other didn’t show any signs of feeling different. Shrugging it off as him just being weird he continued to eat his food laughing when Dongwook started laughing and his soup went up his nose causing the whole table to erupt in laughter.

Paying for their meal they gathered their things and shrugged on coats and jackets to head out into the cold weather. They all separated heading out to their different appointments and study sessions. Seungri tagged along with Jiyong wanting to spend some time with him since they hadn’t spoken since that one day thanks to all manner of exams and research papers.

Standing next to Jiyong it hit him though, and he wanted to punch himself. He looked closely at Jiyong, nothing was amiss with the other. He had an easy smile as he walked, wrapped warmly in his coat and scarf. Jiyong’s natural scent had changed again.

“Hyung?”

“Mmmm?”

“Did you go to that place again?”

“No” Jiyong answered honestly if not a bit confused “Why?”

Seungri said nothing just grabbed the other’s hand and moved them into an open alleyway ahead of them. “What? Seungri hey what’s wrong?” he asked as the other rushed him into the alley.

“Hyung, you smell different again” Seungri said in a rush knowing it sounded stupid with the way he said it but he was almost in a panic.

Jiyong blinked at the words flying from Seungri’s mouth. He was tempted to start laughing but the phrase struck a chord in his memory and he remembered that the other had said something similar before to him; when he had done the procedure.

“Oh?” Jiyong’s eyes widened in realization and he instinctively placed one of his hands on his flat stomach “Oh!”

“You are?” Seungri asked watching Jiyong’s expression carefully.

“I don’t know. I guess, maybe I should schedule another appointment with them” Jiyong said as he fished his comm from his pocket and began to flick through looking for Dr. Hwang’s information.

Seungri watched in incredulous disbelief as the other just flicked through the holographic screens on his comm. “You’re joking? You’re not worried?”

Jiyong glanced up at Seungri before putting his gaze back on the articles flashing along his field of vision. “Not really Seungri. Remember I went because I wanted to. I guess I should be worried though I don’t know how it’ll affect me. After all I’m not a girl.”

“You planned this from the beginning didn’t you?”

“I told you before it’s none of your business. And I did it for me got it?” Jiyong glared at the younger man as he got through to Dr. Hwang’s office.

“This is Lexy.”

Jiyong blinked in confusion “Ummm I’m trying to reach Dr. Hwang Hyosook?”

“Eh? That’s me sorry I put the wrong info in that add. What do you need?” she asked her voice changing slightly, more polite. “Oh well I’ve already been there before, Kwon Jiyong.” “Eh? You were that cutie CL told me about. Alright well you can come in now if you want I have no appointments at this time.” Jiyong blushed involuntarily at the praise from the older woman “Yeah okay, thanks” he disconnected the voice call and looked at Seungri.

“You want to come with me?”

Seungri cocked his head to the side like a puppy would but his senses were on overdrive reading Jiyong’s mannerisms, expression and his scent. Jiyong was scared, if not scared worried at the very least, Seungri concluded and he nodded “Yeah I’ll come with you.”

~~~*~~~

“Alright step onto the glass and let’s check you out” Lexy instructed as she read up on his file from the last time checking holographic pictures of his internal systems after the procedure had been done to him.

Jiyong nervously stepped onto the glass before he took a glance at Seungri who was sitting off to the side watching intently.

“Good now hold still” Lexy instructed as the glass below his feet pixilated as it read him. “Alright it’s done you can get dressed now… wait on second thought just go sit let me read this through real quick.”

Jiyong shrugged as he went to sit next to Seungri as he watched Lexy carefully read all the data on the chart.

He watched as she turned around and smile at him. “You’re pregnant, congratulations!”

Jiyong blinked and he didn’t know how to react. Seungri was watching him placing a hand on his shoulder squeezing gently.

Lexy smiled and swiped the holographic image away and went to sit beside the two.

“Jiyong, I need to explain some things to you. Even though we are successful in helping men become pregnant the amount of those pregnancies being carried to full term have been a challenge. You’re not a woman your body cannot release the hormones that it needs to accommodate for a growing child inside of you for nine months. So I will be giving you estrogen pills and vitamins.” She paused as she pulled up a holographic screen and put some things in. “Now before you scoff at the thought of estrogen pills, they will not turn you into a girl, you will not grow s and it most certainly will not change your to a understood?”

Jiyong couldn’t help but smile at this woman’s bluntness.

“But if he starts having mood swings that’s natural. So don’t be alarmed. I’m not a medical doctor Jiyong. Making babies happen for men is my job but I know someone who can keep up with your health, Park Hongjun*” she smiled warmly as she sent the doctors information to Jiyong’s comm. “If you want I can go ahead and pull strings to have you go and see him.”

Jiyong looked down as he bit his lip. For me, he thought “Yeah go ahead and make me an appointment Dr. Hwang.” “Aish don’t call me that, makes me feel unnecessarily old just Lexy or Hyosook” Lexy admonished as she fished her earpiece out of her pocket, “Go ahead and get dressed while I make the call.”

Jiyong turned to Seungri “Thank you for coming with me.” “Hyung you know I don’t mind. I’m just wondering what you’re gonna do now?” Seungri asked genuinely worried for his friend. “I don’t know. I’m going to see my parents this coming weekend though so, we’ll see” Jiyong smiled as he fished his clothing from the box and started to dress, thankful since it was freezing in the room.

“Alright your appointment is set for tomorrow morning at ten, sound good?” Lexy asked disconnecting her call with Dr. Park and entering the room again.

“Yes thank you Hyosook-noona” Jiyong smiled as he bowed. “Good now CL at the front desk will give you your pills. Make sure to take them like the instructions say okay? If you have any concerns call me or Dr. Park. I’ve sent your entire file to him so he’ll know what the procedure was done and how it was handled and how you came out of it and today’s chart. Oh would you like a picture of your baby?”

“Yes please” Jiyong nodded pulling out his comm waiting for the image to be sent. Seeing the message link light up he quickly opened the file and blew the picture up. Obviously he was unable to see anything and Lexy laughed at him. “It’s okay right now you wont be able to see anything but this right here” she pointed to a small dark spot “that’s your baby.”

“Thank you noona” Jiyong bowed to her memorizing where that dot was so if his mom asked he could point it out.

On their way Jiyong grabbed the bag of that Chaerin handed him smiling when she told him to call her CL.

Walking out of the building the two went to eat at a nearby fast food restaurant. Before deciding what they were going to do for the rest of the day.

“I have an exam next week in chem lab so I’m gonna study for that and then look over my essay for galactic history” Jiyong answered as they stopped  at a shuttle stop so they wouldn’t have to walk to the dorms and in Seungri’s case to his apartment.

“Alright I just need to read over my notes since I missed a couple of days last week.”

Reaching his stop Seungri stood and looked at Jiyong “You’re gonna be alright?” “Yeah I’m going straight to the dorm.”

~~*~~

Jiyong walked into his dorm and laid face down on his bed. He was pregnant. He giggled slightly and hugged a pillow to him. “I’m pregnant” he whispered to himself with a smile “My baby, you’re gonna be loved no matter what” he placed his hands on his still flat stomach. With determination he grabbed the bag CL had given him and he rummaged through it reading the instructions on how and when to take his pills, to have a healthy pregnancy as well as a tentative diet plan.

Reading over everything he put everything away so when Youngbae came in he wouldn't see. Jiyong was not ready to tell his best friend that he was pregnant just yet. Making sure everything was put away he grabbed his comm and went to sit at his desk so that he could study.

~~*~~

Jiyong sighed looking up at the building where his parents lived. It had been more than two years since he had visited. He had of course called but he hadn’t been able to come because the last time he had come, he had brought Seunghyun to meet his parents, and he had never told them that they had broken up.

Steeling his nerves he walked the steps up to the building.

He reached his hand for the key pad to ring the bell. His parents had not had the luck of being able to elevate their socioeconomic status, they lived in a building which still used the antiquated call system, although the building‘s owner seemed to be working on improving it. He would prefer if they at least installed the camera that way his parents could actually see his face, anyone could imitate his voice if they tried hard enough.

“Who is it?”

“Omma it’s me Jiyong” he called hearing his mother’s crackling voice. The buzzard sounded overhead letting him know that the door was open. Going up in the elevator he nervously played with his hands hearing the elevator travel up the levels.

The elevator stopped at his floor and he stepped out heading to his parents’ door. Opening it he stepped in announcing to his mother that he was home as he took off his shoes at the entrance noticing that his father’s shoes were not there.

“Jiyongie baby it’s been so long since I’ve seen you” his mother said as she walked into the hall a happy smile on her face “I thought you had forgotten about your old mom.”

Putting his coat and scarf on the rack Jiyong shook his head and went and hugged his mother. “I’m sorry omma. It got so hectic at school it was impossible to come visit you” he said halfway telling the truth. “Well I hope your studies are going well. Come sit with me and let’s talk” she led him to the living room where she sat and patted the seat beside her.

Jiyong readily sat and leaned against his mother soaking up the warmth she was giving him. He was content here he smiled and moved and wriggled until he had his head on her lap.

“Tell me child, you look different your eyes sparkle and your skin glows” she murmured running her hand through his hair, he hadn’t dyed it in a while therefore his roots were growing out “Something’s changed.”

Jiyong closed his eyes and slowly began telling his mother about finding the add in an article he had been reading. How he had made an appointment and the doctors had examined and taken a physical sample of his blood. The second time, he had gone for the actual procedure. To pulling out his comm and showing her the picture of his baby.

“You’re pregnant?” his mother sounded confused. “Yes, I’m going to have a baby. And that child is mine, mine and no one will be able to take my child away from me” Jiyong sat up to look directly at his mother. His eyes shining brightly.

“You’re gonna make me a grandmother?” she asked “Yes omma, I’m going to make you a grandmother and then I’m going to bring him or her to play with you and appa. “Bless you child, I remember when I carried you in me for nine months. My omma told me how special you would be. That you would bring me unimaginable happiness. I love you my special child” she drew her son to her hugging him close to her placing his ear right over her heart.

“Now tell me, Seunghyun-ssi is the father right? Such a handsome boy if I remember correctly.” Jiyong heard his mother giggle, Seunghyun had charmed both his parents within five minutes. Jiyong’s mother embarrassing him by exclaiming that if only she was thirty years younger she would have a chance with such a handsome man, and for that matter causing his father squawk indignantly. Only to be placated by her saying that he would always come first.

He took a deep breath at the thought of Seunghyun, Seunghyun who was in America and had no clue that Jiyong was currently carrying his child. An illegitimate heir to their family’s fortune, a child born out of wedlock. “Yeah, Seunghyun is my baby’s father” he answered burying his face into her shoulder trying to avoid looking into her eyes. If he did she would know that he was conflicted about Seunghyun. Should I tell him, he wondered.