Chapter 10

For Me; For You

A/N: This took longer than expected... sorry. I seriously had to rewrite this a couple of times before I was satisfied with it. 8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

The dinner started bad.

And it just got worse.

“Seunghyun are you trying to humiliate me in front of the Parks by bringing that thing with you?” his mother asked pointing a well manicured finger at Jiyong who looked down. “How dare you mother, this is Jiyong, the person who is having my child like I told you last night” Seunghyun answered his hand reaching out to grab Jiyong’s in comfort.

The old woman ignored her son and turned to Jiyong eyeing him up and down. “How much do you want? I’ll pay you whatever you want as long as you disappear from my Seunghyun’s side and to have whatever demon you have within you taken out and disposed of.”

Jiyong felt a spike of pain and anger at the way she had spoken to him. How dare she he thought desperately as his chest started to hurt. Jiyong heard Seunghyun quickly defend him against his mother the satisfaction he would have felt was too late in overpowering the pain gripping him from the inside. ‘No, no, no he panicked as his arms surrounded his stomach where the pain was radiating from.

“Jiyong!”

“JIYONG!”

Seunghyun knelt next to Jiyong, he didn’t know what to do. “Jiyong please tell me what’s wrong?” he panicked as he searched his pockets for his comm, they needed help. Blindly he sent out an emergency signal hoping that the ambulance would hurry. “Jiyong please… baby…” this couldn’t be happening not after they had just finally jumped all the hurdles he had created.

He distantly heard EunMi yelling somewhere above him and nearly had a heart attack when EunMi tried to get him to let go of Jiyong.

“Seunghyun” she said holding his face towards hers, her stern voice bringing him back to reality “Let go you’re putting too much pressure on his stomach you he needs to stretch out.” Shakily he let go and watched as Hyeyoon helped Jiyong lay back on a stack of pillows. Only to have him curl himself around his stomach on his side as he cried out in pain.

Seunghyun bolted from EunMi’s grasp and knelt next to Jiyong touching his cheek. “My baby Seunghyun… please Seunghyun…our baby’s in pain…” he chocked on his tears as his hand took Seunghyun’s and laid it on his belly. Seunghyun felt the tears race down his cheeks as he felt the constant fluttering inside but it wasn’t the usual happy light fluttering, this was desperate, a panicked flutter. Seunghyun didn’t know what to say  but laid his forehead against Jiyong’s as he waited for the medics to get there. “You’ll be alright,” he spoke softly his hand rubbing circles hoping to calm the panicked fluttering, “you have to be, we haven’t even met you, have not even seen your beautiful face. You can’t disobey us I’m your father understand? Stop making us worry.”

Jiyong cried harder at the words that slipped his lover’s lips. And panicked when the man was pulled away from him only to be replaced by people in baby blue suits. He struggled a bit when they put an oxygen mask on but calmed down when he felt that familiar hand grasp his.

He felt too much though and he could feel himself starting to black out.

“We don’t have time, we have to do something right now!”

“She’s wrapped around the umbilical cord…”

“…Losing oxygen, she will drown…”



Jiyong heard no more as the last tear slipped down his cheek. ‘Please save her…’


________________________________________________________________________




He could hear things. Voices.

“I don’t want him here, transfer him to a hospital.”

“Good I don’t want him in your presence who knows what you’ll do to him the minute I walk away.”

“You insolent child!”

Jiyong opened his eyes only to be greeted with the old woman going to slap her son. “No mother, enough. I’m an adult, twenty-eight years old, plenty old to make my own decisions. Just let me arrange everything and we’ll be out of your hair, forever. You can disown me for all I care.” The woman scoffed as she felt her son stop her from hitting him “You still need me, without me you wouldn’t be here.”

“No mother I don’t need you anymore. I thank you for giving me life but that’s all. The only thing I need now is them now please go let me arrange the move” Seunghyun guided his mother to the door and shut it behind her.

“Jiyong” he gasped and ran to his bedside “Do you need anything?”

Jiyong opened his mouth to ask only to notice his throat was extremely dry.

“Here take a drink” Seunghyun said as he lifted a cup of water to Jiyong’s lips. Feeling the liquid moisten his lips and mouth Jiyong nodded and Seunghyun put the cup down.

“Where’s my baby? Seunghyun my baby” Jiyong asked his hands grabbing unto Seunghyun’s “Shhh she’s right here” he guided Jiyong’s hand his belly.

Jiyong looked down and cried seeing his belly still there he caressed it, loving how he felt a slightly fluttering. “You made me worry so much” he whispered as he continued to caress his belly. “She’s a girl?” he asked looking at Seunghyun who had been watching a monitor off to the side. “Yeah the medics let it slip. Teddy told me that you had requested not to know” Seunghyun answered with a smile “I did but it’s nice to know too” Jiyong smiled reaching out to Seunghyun.

Seunghyun climbed onto the bed and lay down beside Jiyong hugging him close. “You’re going to give me a daughter.” “I am.” “Thank you, I can honestly say that this is the best present ever” he chuckled as he placed kisses along Jiyong’s cheeks.

“Oh! Nice to see you’re up.”

Jiyong and Seunghyun looked towards the door. “Hyung!” Jiyong smiled at Teddy. Seunghyun sat up his hand holding unto Jiyong’s.

“Alright let me tell you what happened. You stressed out too much too fast. And your baby girl had already started twisting wrapping the umbilical cord around her neck. Just so happens right when you had a panic attack she also reacted and wrapped herself into the cord cutting oxygen to her and having you in pain.

Me and Lexy had to do an endoscopic surgery to unwind her. She’s doing fine right now. Her heart rate has really decreased so she’s been sleeping a lot. From now on I want you to monitor her heart rate 120 - 180 is normal. It’ll fluctuate depending on what she’s doing. Let’s see let me pull her up.” Teddy placed a small chip on Jiyong’s stomach and grabbed his comm.

The two watched a Teddy brought up the image of their baby girl. “This a full picture Jiyong. I haven’t been able to show it to you since this shows you’re going to have a cute girl.” Jiyong smiled seeing the image on the screen, “Hyunnie she has your cute frown.” “Mmm” Seunghyun nodded he couldn’t take his eyes from the image in front of him.

“This is her heartbeat she’s at 133 so this is good.” Teddy pulled up the audio.

The room filled with the fast heartbeat of their baby. Seunghyun tore his eyes from the image to Jiyong as his ears took in the sound of the heartbeat. “That’s her heartbeat Ji” Jiyong lifted his hand and wiped Seunghyun’s tears from his cheeks “We almost lost her. All because I.. I’m such a coward… I froze I should have…” “Seunghyun stop. “Shhh she’s fine. Listen to me she’s still alive because of you. Wasn’t it you who sent out the emergency alert? So stop it and get a grip.” Jiyong shook Seunghyun’s shoulders “Aish what are you going to do when she finally brings a boy home?”

Seunghyun chuckled and wiped his face before the last comment processed through his brain. “Jiyong… she’s my baby.” “I know baby I know” Jiyong nodded and hugged Seunghyun. The older man gladly let his lover comfort him.

“You two are so disgustingly cute.”

“Hyung shut up” Jiyong said as his hands trailed through Seunghyun’s hair.

“Jiyong Lexy said she wants to induce you in about three weeks.”

Jiyong stopped playing with Seunghyun’s hair and they both turned to Teddy “What?”

“Lexy and I both agreed that it would be in both of your interests if we induced you early. Your baby is already moving around a lot for the cord to wrap around like that. If we’re not careful it can happen again. Of course it’s up to you both what you want to do. We’re just speaking out of concern for the both of you. Think about it though and let us know okay” Teddy explained to the couple. “Also you should be fine to move around by tomorrow Jiyong. You can do basic things right now though like using the bathroom and showering. Don’t hesitate to call me if something happens. Have a nice night.”

“Thank you Teddy.”

The older man nodded grabbing his comm and saw himself out.

Seunghyun lay back down stuffing a pillow under his head. He was exhausted he hadn’t slept a wink since the whole ordeal had happened and his body was starting to shut down in need of sleep.

“Jiyong?”

Jiyong lay down facing the other watching as tired eyes began to droop in sleep, “Yeah?”

“I’m not leaving you. Whatever you decide to do I’ll agree okay?”

“Thank you Hyunnie” Jiyong murmured and kissed the other’s lips softly watching as his lover’s eyes closed in sleep.

“What do you think? I want to hold you so bad baby plus you wont be all cramped up in there anymore” he murmured running his hands over his belly he felt a soft bump before she settled into stillness. “You want to sleep too? Sleepyheads” he chuckled as he glanced at Seunghyun before figuring sleep didn’t sound so bad. He moved closer to Seunghyun and sure enough the other man shifted and wrapped his arms around him before settling back to sleep.

“I love you” Jiyong mumbled and closed his eyes snuggling into Seunghyun’s chest, warmth relaxing him into sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Well just one more chapter guys. 8) I hope you enjoyed.

Also quick question who'se from Texas and is going to the LA show? Just curious maybe we can meet up or even stay in the same hotel or something.