Chapter 3

For Me; For You

Chapter 3

Two weeks had gone by and Jiyong had not seen or heard from Seunghyun since Hanbyul‘s party. ‘Figures’ Jiyong thought as he sniffed a little.

He continued walking down the streets of Seoul breathing in the clean air around him. He stopped by a shop window and looked at the jewelry display, it showed couple‘s rings.

“You want to marry me?”

“Yes hyung, I want to marry you that way we’ll never be separated. I even saw a pair of rings, they were perfect.”

“You’re so cute Ji but you‘re going to have to wait on those couple rings, meanwhile, will this do?” Seunghyun grinned presenting Jiyong with a white teddy bear holding a bouquet of roses. “Of course it will Hyunnie” Jiyong gleefully took the bear into his arms cuddling it before he wrapped his arms around Seunghyun giving him a sweet kiss on the lips, “I love you Seunghyun.”

“I love you too baby.”


Jiyong blinked and continued walking, why were thoughts of Seunghyun suddenly plaguing him he wondered. Absentmindedly he continued walking not noticing the walking sign was still red. The beep of a passing car startled him and he quickly jumped back onto the curb.

“I sometimes wonder if you’re trying to kill yourself with how you live your life.”

Jiyong bit his lip and turned to his head to look at the person he had just been thinking about, “Well my life is no longer your concern.”

Seunghyun sighed as he looked back towards the one of shops. “What are you doing here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to be with whoever your with?” Jiyong asked as he pulled out his comm checking the current time and to see if there were any messages sent to him. “EunMi is with me she just stopped by a shop to talk to one of her friends she had spotted” Seunghyun answered looking back at the shop again. “Oh… well I have to go” Jiyong stuttered and moved to walk away from Seunghyun.

“Jiyong?”

Jiyong froze “Yes?”

“I don’t love her.”

“But you’re still going to marry her.”

“Jiyong please, try to understand my position. I’m the only male heir to my family’s business, you know this. I need to have children since Hyeyoon is not able to” Seunghyun tried to desperately salvage the situation he and his ex-boyfriend were in.

“Seunghyun-oppa!”

“Hyun I’m leaving. Have a nice life, she’s really pretty” Jiyong quickly spoke and ran before Seunghyun could stop him.

“Ready to go oppa?”

Seunghyun looked down as the girl’s arm wrapped around his arm “Yeah let’s go.”

~~*~~*~~

Seunghyun groaned as he dropped onto the couch in his living room. He was exhausted both mentally and physically. He needed to clear the waters between him and Jiyong, he knew he had hurt the younger, no not just hurt him he had gutted him and left him out for the crows to peck at him but he couldn’t just keep living without telling him that he still loved him that everything he had told him was a complete act; a lie.

“What?”

“Did you honestly think I would actually marry you Jiyong.” Seunghyun sneered his eyes hard as he stared at Jiyong. “You were fun don’t get me wrong. You are an excellent baby, your skills are better than those of a paid .”

“You don’t mean that. Seunghyun I love you!” Jiyong cried his brown eyes wide with hurt and fear, “You’re lying. You told me you loved me too. Seunghyun please don’t… don’t leave me. I know that I’m dirt poor but please I love you not your money. If I gave you that impression than I’m sorry but please don’t leave me. I’ll be good for you, Seunghyun…” Jiyong placed his hands on the taller man’s chest, his eyesight completely blurred from the torrent of tears.

Seunghyun wrapped his long fingers around Jiyong’s arms “Don’t touch me. Now get your stuff and leave. I don’t want you anymore I found someone much better. Jiyong I don’t love you, I guess I‘m sorry for leading you on but you should have known that there was no way that I would love you.”

Seunghyun pushed the other off of him and stonily watched him as he moved around the apartment collecting his meager belongings.

When the door silently closed behind his lover, now his ex-lover Seunghyun’s walls of ice collapsed in a torrent of tears as he kneeled, his hands raking through his dark hair.


Seunghyun shakily walked to his bedroom wiping his tears. He collapsed onto his bed, looking over to his nightstand he reached over and picked up the white teddy bear. His tears increased as he hugged the bear to him inhaling deeply. The bear had long since stopped smelling like the love of his life but he didn’t care.

“I love you Jiyong. I love you so much.”

He drifted to sleep tears still clinging to his eyelashes and staining his cheeks.

A loud ding woke him from his unplanned nap. He looked around trying to decipher the beeping noise before he was coherent enough to fish out his comm from his pants pocket.

Pulling up the flashing icon he saw a written message from Dongwook ‘Hey Seunghyun we’re having a study session at my place want to come? It’s math tonight. 8( And since you’re good at it you’ll be a good asset to have around. Tell me if you’re coming. Peace!’

He briefly pondered going before he moved the screen and opened another.

“Hyung! What a surprise!” Daesung’s face flickered over the hologram with a bright smile. “Hey Dae, did Se7en invite you to the math session?” Seunghyun asked smiling at his long time friend.

Seunghyun was thankful for Daesung. He had confessed everything to this man and he had promised to stay close to Jiyong to watch over him.

“Yeah I was actually the one who suggested it. You know how bad I am at it” Daesung waved at it before he studied his hyung closely through the image. “You know Jiyong-hyung will be there too, as well as Youngbae and Seungri. You still haven’t talked to Jiyong have you?”

Seunghyun looked down shaking his head “I just haven’t been able to get the time. Today I tried but EunMi, yeah…”

“Hyung your time is limited, when do you leave?”

Seunghyun released a breath “Two days.” “Well you know what you need to do. The session starts in thirty are you coming?” “Yeah.”

“Okay I’ll tell Dongwook-hyung your coming so don’t worry about sending him a message” Daesung smiled as he moved around putting his shoes on. “Where are you going?” Seunghyun asked “Going to pick up Seungri and then we’ll head over to Jiyong and Youngbae’s dorm.”

Seunghyun blinked before he understood “You don’t live on campus?” “No, not since about six months ago. Seungri lives with a class mate a couple of blocks down. Youngbae and Jiyong are the two who live on campus” Daesung answered as he pulled on a jacket “Hyung I’m turning on the earpiece so that I can get going.” “Okay” Seunghyun acknowledged reaching for his own earpiece that way he could also get changed.

“Any reason why those two are living on campus still?” Seunghyun asked as he walked to his closet. “Oh well I thought you knew.” “Know about what?” Seunghyun froze arm reached out to grab a t-shirt. “Well we all know that Youngbae is able to afford living off campus. Well he had offered Jiyong to go live with him and that he didn’t have to worry about expenses. Well we know, Jiyong is very proud and doesn’t like accepting handouts like that, and well he declined Youngbae’s proposal saying that since he had high grades the school would continue helping him” Daesung paused for a moment before he continued “Youngbae couldn’t bear to leave Jiyong on his own so he stayed with him.”

Seunghyun felt like his insides had turned to lead “Dae do you actually know Jiyong’s financial status.” “No and you out of all of us except Bae should know what it is. Trust me nothing much has changed in the two years you guys separated” Daesung answered sounding just a bit frustrated “I’m sorry Dae I’m just… I’m just worried” Seunghyun apologized as he finally chose a pair of jeans and grabbed a t-shirt.

“I know you are hyung. Well I’m at Ri’s so I’ll talk to you in a few at Dongwook-hung’s place” Daesung announced “Okay I’ll see you in a few” Seunghyun mumbled dropping his clothing on the bed, cutting the link to Daesung.

Getting dressed and changing shoes he walked back into his closet to pick a jacket. Looking in the mirror on his way out he made a promise to himself, he would clear everything with Jiyong tonight. Grabbing his car keys he left his apartment.

~~~*~~~

“With this many people it’ll be hard to study don’t you think hyung?” Jiyong asked Dongwook when they had reach his apartment. “Ah no worries they’re having an A&P session nothing to do with our math session” Dongwook waved it off.

Shrugging the guys all sat on the floor placing their comms on the floor and pulled up their text and work problems.

“Man Se7en how many times do you have to take calculus before you pass?”

“You know what Taebin you just need to shut the hell up and go home and let us study” Dongwook retaliated as he flipped off his older best friend. “Whatever dude calm down I was leaving anyway” Taebin waved off Dongwook’s comment as he walked to the door. “Happy studying!”

Reaching the door the buzzard went off and Taebin went ahead and checked the outside camera. “Seunghyun?” “Yeah.” “Come on up dude” Taebin grinned pressing the button to open the door down on the ground floor.

Taebin stepped out and waited for the elevator to arrive.

“Hey thanks for bringing the elevator up here” Taebin grinned as Seunghyun stepped out. “No problem hyung.”

Seunghyun walked to Dongwook’s door and stepped in. Looking at the rows of shoes at the entrance he also toed his off and walked further into the apartment, raising a curious eyebrow at the two groups of people studying.

“Hey Seunghyun come and join us looks like we’ve hit a snag in our study session” Se7en called out smiling over all the holographic screens. “Well I can imagine, have you actually been studying?” Seunghyun joked as he draped his jacket on the back of the couch. “Yes we have so come and help us” Seungri whined indignantly.

Seunghyun chuckled softly as he joined the group. Without them having to whine more he read over the problem and quickly set out to explain how to go about solving only to in the end say that the problem had no conclusion.

“What do you mean it’s a no conclusion?” Jiyong asked as he frantically studied the steps again making sure there was no mistakes in the equation. Seunghyun moved around re-explained the problem to Jiyong showing him each step to arrive at the conclusion. Finally understanding Jiyong nodded as he made small annotation on his notes.

“Thanks” Jiyong said turning to face Seunghyun only to find their faces only inches apart. “It’s no biggie” Seunghyun murmured, he was so close he could literally smell Jiyong’s natural scent covered slightly by cologne. His heart beat was racing he wanted to lean and kiss those precious lips; lips that were soft, pink and plump and more than likely still tasted the same.

Jiyong felt blood rush up to his face judging from the heat he was feeling. Biting his lip he turned back to his hologram screens to move them around. Trying to calm his racing heart as well as willing his blush to go away.

“Alright I think this is enough for tonight, what do you guys think?” Dongwook announced as he looked around. “Yeah I’m good we covered everything. And midterms aren’t for another two weeks. We should schedule a few more study sessions like this though” Youngbae nodded as he saved his documents and closed out his screens.

“What about ya’ll ladies over there? Ya’ll done?” Se7en called over to the kitchen where the girls were. “Yeah we’re finishing up” Hanbyul called her hand waving at him but her gaze immersed in what she was doing.

“Alright don’t mean to be rude but you guys need to leave” Se7en said as he stood stretching “Hyung’s tired and I have class tomorrow morning.”

Packing up and putting away their comms the guys gathered discarded jackets and shoes and waved bye as they piled out of Dongwook’s apartment.

Walking out onto the street Daesung turned around and looked at Seunghyun meaningfully before he smiled “I’ll take you home Seungri, you two can also come, I don’t mind dropping you off.” “Sure thanks Daesung” Jiyong nodded they moved towards Daesung’s Genepax.*

Before he could lose his nerve and his only chance Seunghyun reached out and grabbed Jiyong’s hand, “Jiyong.” Jiyong felt his skin break out into goosebumps at the touch, “Yeah?” he answered so as not to be rude. “Can I talk to you? Please? I’ll drive you back to your dorm. Just please let me talk to you.”

Jiyong closed his eyes before he looked over at the others who were waiting. Steeling his nerves he nodded “Okay let me hear what you have say.” “Here let’s go to that coffee shop down the street” Seunghyun rushed and moved to the car quickly telling Daesung that he would take Jiyong to the dorms later. With a no problem Daesung drove away.

~~~

Sitting down with their freshly brewed coffees the two remained silent.

“What time do you have class tomorrow?”

“Ten so hurry up and talk.”

Seunghyun looked around glad that there was no one around before he opened his mouth.

“I love you.”

Jiyong froze hearing those words leave the older man “You know I may have fallen for it the first time but not this time. Was that all?” Jiyong icily answered glaring at Seunghyun. “No Jiyong please. I lied that time, it was all an act. I loved you then and I still love you now. EunMi, she means nothing to me” Seunghyun reached out lacing their fingers together. “Are you sure?” Jiyong looked straight into Seunghyun’s eyes tears forming as he spoke “Because you sounded really sure last time. You called me a , that I was fit to be a e.”

“Jiyong, no. I… I didn’t know how to tell you then Jiyong. I thought that if I got you to hate me than everything would be easier but it’s not” Seunghyun stumbled to collect his thoughts.

Jiyong stood from the table “Seunghyun there is nothing to say. Even if you do love me, you’re not gonna leave her. You’re still going to marry her regardless of whether or not I forgive you. I‘m leaving.”

“No Jiyong please. You’re not understanding me” Seunghyun quickly stood following the other as he walked out of the shop.

Stopping by Seunghyun’s sleek black car Jiyong turned around looking up at the older with absolute despair in his eyes “What is there to understand Seunghyun? That you love me? That you’re going to marry what’s-her-name regardless of whether I tell you that I still love you, that I’ve tried forgetting you but your like this disease that just wont leave my system! What Seunghyun?! What!”

Seunghyun grabbed the other and hugged him burying his face into Jiyong’s neck breathing in his scent.

“I’m sorry Jiyong. I’m so sorry but I can’t live without you. I can’t…”

“It’s too late for regrets Seunghyun. And I refuse to be your ‘mistress’ on the side” Jiyong murmured his arms sliding around the older man and burying his own face into his jacket.

Seunghyun felt the burning behind his nose and he buried his face further into Jiyong’s neck his tears wetting the skin and collar of the other’s jacket. Pulling away slightly Seunghyun held Jiyong’s face in his hands.

“Tell me you love me again, please?”

Jiyong’s tears kept falling down his face, “I love you.”

“Again.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“I still need you Seunghyun.”

“May I kiss you?”

Jiyong nodded as he leaned up and let Seunghyun claim his lips with his own.

~~~~~~~~~

You know I reread this and I gotta say this is my favorite chapter of all the ones I've written. 8)

Enjoy! Keep them comments coming please! =D