Epilogue

For Me; For You

A/N: It's Done. It's finally done. 8) *takes a bow* Thank you all for the support you've all been giving me.



Epilogue

“Seunghyun mother wants to see you. You’ve been ignoring her.”

Seunghyun let out a huff as he sat back in his office chair glaring at his sister “Hyeyoon I can’t just forget what she caused. Jiyong almost lost our daughter because she decided that it was okay to insult him and call my baby an abomination.”

His sister looked down “I know but you know mother is sick Seunghyun. You need to understand her.” “Hyeyoon, I’m not stupid. I do understand, he was my dad and yours too. We both loved him and we both still hurt but we never ever took it out on others. I’m through being mother’s puppet” he said steeling his nerves as his sister took a deep breath. “Tell you what tell mom I invited her to dinner at my place. Jiyong’s cooking tonight so I’ll let him know to make more to add you two into the equation. If she doesn’t come then sorry. Now I still have work to finish and unless you want to do it you can leave.”

Hyeyoon nodded slowly and stood, her purse in hand, “You’ve changed Seunghyun.” And with that she walked out of his office.

Seunghyun deflated as he breathed out but glancing at his digital picture frame, his most priced antique, he watched the pictures change, the two people he loved the most the prominent ones on it. He smiled seeing a picture of his Minhee his nerves restored he got back to work.

~*~

“Oh, okay.”

“Is it alright Ji? Do we not have enough?” Seunghyun asked as he followed his lover further into his apartment.

“It’s fine, it just took me by surprise I kind of invited Youngbae over he said he had someone he wanted me to meet and Daesung is also coming with his date and Seungri said he wouldn't be able to make it” Jiyong explained as he rummaged through the refrigerator collecting ingredients for that night’s dinner. “It’s alright my mother is just gonna have to deal with me having friends over for dinner. How are you feeling?”

Jiyong rolled his eyes and looked at Seunghyun from where he was pulling out pots and pans, “Seunghyun I healed completely like two weeks ago” Jiyong grumbled and then stood lifting his shirt to show Seunghyun the hairline scar that had been left behind not even noticeable really.

“I know baby, I just worry” Seunghyun hugged him his finger tracing the line. “And where’s my welcome home kiss?” Jiyong rolled his eyes with a giggle before leaning up and placing a quick kiss on Seunghyun’s cheek before attempting to extricate himself from his hold.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa hold on” Seunghyun said and pulled Jiyong in front of him once again trapping him against the counter. Jiyong purred and wrapped his arms around Seunghyun and slammed their lips together. Seunghyun groaned in his throat he loved it when Jiyong was demanding with his kisses. He love it even more when Jiyong would hike his leg up around him pressing them closer together.

Seunghyun took that as a cue and wrapped his hands around Jiyong’s thighs before hoisting him up. “” Jiyong hissed as he wrapped his legs around Seunghyun’s waist. “ you’re so hot Ji” Seunghyun growled as he placed him on the counter and moved to place nips along his jaw and his hand traveled under the other’s shirt to get to the soft warm skin underneath.

A whimper cut through the air separating the two with sighs. “Guess we should get used to this. I go or you go? Someone needs to start on dinner” Jiyong chuckled as he placed a loving kiss on Seunghyun’s lips. “I’ll go” Seunghyun said and moved away down the hall to their bedroom.

“Hey there precious. Awake already? Come on let’s get you changed and freshened up” Seunghyun said as he picked his daughter up from where she had been sleeping in the middle of their shared bed.

Jiyong smiled as he heard the conversation that Seunghyun was having with their daughter as he busied himself with preparing their dinner ingredients.

“When was the last time she had a bottle?” Seunghyun asked as he walked into their kitchen the little girl tucked into his arms wearing the clothing Youngbae had given her. “Almost three hours ago. She’ll be wanting one soon though here let me make you the bottle.” Seunghyun nodded as he brought the news up on their home comm system.

Jiyong listened as he quickly made the bottle and placing it in front Seunghyun and continued to move around the kitchen making the dinner for that night.

Seunghyun eventually moved to the living room so he could better feed Minhee once she had gotten fussy.

“Hyung we’re here open the door please.”

The intercom system went off. “They’re here early” Seunghyun laughed as he stood “I got it Jiyong.” Seunghyun opened the door and smiled seeing Youngbae and Seungri in front of them “Hey come on in, you’re a bit early Ji isn’t done yet but it’s cool leaves time for the wine to be iced.”

Both men greeted Seunghyun and even more warmly greeted Minhee who just stared at them before shifting her gaze back up to Seunghyun. Seunghyun was about to close the door when caught a glimpse of Daesung with someone on his arm walking up to the building to be let up.

“Hyung?”

“Hey Dae go ahead and come up the door’s open” Seunghyun said and pressed the button that allowed them to travel up his floor. Looking down he smiled seeing Minhee reaching up to touch the small pin on his shirt. “You want one too baby? Maybe when you’re older” he chuckled as he reached into his pocket and took out a rattle bracelet and one handed placed it on her wrist.

Meeting Youngbae’s date was a surprise but not as much as meeting Daesung’s.

“So this is the man you were speaking about?” Jiyong asked EunMi as he handed her a glass of sparkling water as he poured three glasses of wine. “Yes, he’s perfect. I guess the way Seunghyun is perfect to you. I’ve always harbored feelings for my Dae but I was scared and as you know engaged to Seunghyun.”

Jiyong nodded and they both made their way to the dining room where he placed the tray of wine glasses and handed them their guests.

Youngbae’s girlfriend, AhYeon a girl from their university’s dance team, readily helped Jiyong to bring the dishes from the kitchen to their table. As EunMi fetched the ice bucket for the wine. The house call alert went off for their door and Jiyong quickly stood to get the door as he left the others to serve themselves.

Passing the comm by the door Jiyong took a glance at it making sure MinHee was alright since Seunghyun had gone and put her in their bed after she had drunk her milk and fallen asleep. Checking to see who it was Jiyong swallowed seeing Mrs. Choi and Hyeyoon on the other side of the door flanked by two bodyguards.

Opening the door he bowed and greeted both women politely. And led through their home after providing them with house slippers. The whole time the woman said nothing to him only gave him a sour look when he greeted her.

“Hyunnie your mother and sister are here” he said as he led the two women into the dining room where everyone had stopped chatting and looked over.

“Oh mother here you can sit here and noona you can sit here. We were about to start eating so you came just in time” Seunghyun stood and led his mother to the spot he had indicated and did the same to his sister.

Dinner was awkward but Seunghyun was determined to go through with it and pulled Youngbae into a conversation about the stock market and EunMi began a conversation with Daesung and AhYeon, while Mrs. Choi only stared at the food with a sour expression.

When they were finishing up Jiyong stood and picked up their plates. When he came around to Seunghyun’s family he was stopped by one of her bodyguards.

“Mother he’s just picking up your plate. Judging from your expression the whole time the food wasn’t to your taste. Sorry about that, Jiyong babe pick up the plates and take our guests to the living room. Me and my mom are gonna have a talk.” Seunghyun said pleasantly as he sipped his wine.

Leading his mother to his home office he turned the home comm on in the room so he could monitor Minhee from in there.

“Seunghyun why are you insisting on going against me?”

“I’m not mother, I’m following what my heart is saying. Don’t you want me happy?”

His mother pursed her lips and turned her attention to the walls where her eyes caught a hologram frame of their family portrait, they were happy and whole, her beloved husband standing next to her with his hand on her shoulder.

“I do. I want you happy my son but I want you happy by my side.”

Seunghyun sighed and sat next to his mother on the couch in the room and wrapped his arm around her.

“Mother I was never going to leave you. Me and Hyeyoon both love you but we also need to build our own families, just like you and dad build ours” he said softly kissing her dark brown hair and the room was pierced with a cry. “Come on mother, meet my daughter.”

Seunghyun grabbed his mother’s hand and led her to the bedroom where he picked up a crying Minhee. His mother watched as her son took care of his daughter changing her diaper and pulling her clothes back on.

“Minhee this is your grandma. Say hi” Seunghyun said as he carried her to his mother who was standing off to the side of the room. “Mom meet Minhee, the light of my life” he said offering the small child to his mother. His mother carefully held and the girl and looked her over. Her eyes landed on her eyes and she smiled; a genuine smile, something Seunghyun had not seen since before his father’s death.

“She has your eyes, she is beautiful” his mother whispered touching her nose and then her dark hair, “And your hair.” Seunghyun smiled as he caressed his daughter’s cheek.

“Hyunnie you in here? I heard Minhee crying” Jiyong quietly entered the room. Seunghyun turned and looked at Jiyong who was watching them curiously. “Jiyong come here” Seunghyun waved the other man over wrapping his arm around his shoulders. “Mother let me formerly introduce you to my fiancée this is Kwon Jiyong, Jiyong this is Choi BoKyung, my mother.”

Jiyong bowed low to his mother and greeted her politely, she nodded her head to him as she was still holding Minhee in her arms. She was studying Jiyong’s face and then the rest of him “She looks like you as well, she has your hands, nose and eye color.” “She has my hands?” Jiyong asked holding out his hand to grab unto Minhee’s small hand which automatically wrapped around his finger.

“You are very beautiful. No wonder my son insisted on you. I give you my blessing, to the both of you. Now I will take my leave” Mrs. Choi said handing her granddaughter to Jiyong who took her in his arms. The older woman observed him as he carried her and she nodded and began walking out of the bedroom “I will show myself out do not worry, attend to your guests. I apologize for having taken your attention away from them” she said with her back still turned before she continued on her way out of their home.

“Your fiancée?” “Yeah” “So, where’s my ring?”

Seunghyun sighed and pressed their foreheads together “Give me a week.” And he leaned in to give him a kiss on the lips.

“Come on let’s go catch the end of the movie with everyone” Jiyong said as he carried their daughter out of the room, Seunghyun wrapped his arm around Jiyong’s waist as they made their to the living room.

That night they both lay facing each other their daughter sleeping in the middle.

“I love you.”

“Me too sweetheart, I love you so much that sometimes words aren‘t enough.”

And their hands reached out and intertwined their fingers as they settled down to sleep, feeling truly content.

~*~