Why?

Books Are Like Love

 

The turning pages.

The shuffling of people were the only things that kept me company while I waited.

I sat in our spot waiting for him to come back for the same reasons I did.

But did he come?

No.

So I continued to wait.

The book in my lap was no help to my depressed state as it mocked me with its happy ending and perfect characters.

I leaned my head back on the bookshelf and sat there with my head staring up at the fluorescent lights that blinded me to the point that I closed my eyes and let the feeling of exhaustion overtake me.

Time was the only thing I could care less about at the moment as the PA announced there was only ten minutes left before the library closed. I had nowhere to go with no one to see. I continued to sit there, deciding to move only if someone made me.

I kept my eyes closed, even when I could feel someone watching me quietly from afar. I heard his quiet footsteps on the carpet and his dark shadow soon loomed over me. I could hear him lean over me. If I knew anything, I knew that this person didn’t come here to tell me that the library was closing.

Suho picked up my hand gently in his warm embrace as I could feel the soft pressure of his lips on my fingers, “I’ve missed you.”

His voice brought a pleasant feeling in my stomach, along to my chest as his breath caressed my hand. He spoke in barely a whisper but his voice screamed out in my head.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” I asked him shakily with my eyes still unopened.

I gripped his hand tighter in mine to assure myself that he was there, and to tell him that if he leaves I go with him this time. I opened my eyes slowly to meet his face that didn’t carry the bright expression that I had dreamed of seeing again. He was weary with dark circles that disrupted the perfection of his white skin and there was no smile to welcome me from my bad nightmare that lasted for weeks.

Answer me, Suho.

“Why have you been avoiding me, Suho?”

His eyes began to glisten with a hint of red and I see a tear form in each eye, when voices started to come near us accompanied by heavy footsteps. What were we going to do? I wasn’t about to leave him when I was so close to finding out my answers. I opened my mouth to say something when Suho quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a far bookshelf that faced the wall and hid me with his body over mine as we stood motionless.

Space was not something that existed between us as his chest rose up and down in silence in contrast with mine. My hands resisted the urge to travel to his chest and pull him closer if possible as they balled to fists at my sides. I shyly looked up at him to see if he was keeping a look out for the guys that were checking the library. His narrow jaw line and tousled brown hair were the image of a temptation wanting to be touched…Or kissed.

“I don’t see anyone.”

“I don’t either. But there is one more aisle we have to check.”

“Nope, no one left.”

The footsteps retreated. Suho and I were left alone pressed against each other to the bookshelf as his hands rested on either side of me leaving me with no escape. His eyes finally met mine and I quickly diverted them from him to our feet. The silence between us was deadly. With one word spoken, it could be the dagger to cut it apart. I breathed in, feeling Suho’s chest move in as mine moved inward, when slowly the lights to the library shut off…One by one.

The only lights left came from the one or two emergency exits. I hesitantly brought my hands up to Suho’s chest and unwillingly pushed him from me.

My anger overwhelmed me, or at least my frustrations, as I yelled at him, “Great. We are stuck here. What the hell, Suho?”

The question was not directed to his sudden actions of keeping us here, but more of his actions over the past few weeks. I looked away from him for a moment and, when my eyes couldn’t take it anymore, I stole another glance at his face that was plastered with a look of nothingness. I could feel my lips start to turn down in a slight frown as I spoke again, “Suho, how could you?”

More silence followed and his face remained unfazed. Nothing was more aggravating than his silence as I continued with the rant I had saved up till now, “I waited for you…You didn’t call me, or text me, telling me you couldn’t come. Then, you don’t contact me for weeks. Are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? What? What did I do, SuHo? Hmm? Tell me…Please. What did I do wrong?”

“Tell me, first. Who was that guy you were with that day? That guy that asked you if you liked me?”

I felt my chest shatter at his husky voice when his question baffled me. Myungsoo? What does he have to do with us? I shook my head and opened my mouth repeatedly until I just whispered, “No one. He’s no one.”

The last thing I wanted to do was talk about him. When I looked up, I saw a newly enraged Suho who charged at me and angrily pinned me to the bookshelf with his eyes staring me down as his nose grazed mine.

“Don’t tell me he’s no one important. If he wasn't, then why did you tell him you didn’t like me? Why did you deny it without a stutter? Is it because you love him? Is it because I was just a game for you? What ___ ? Tell me, why don’t you like me?!”

At that point I just about broke down in tears as it hit me hard. He had heard my conversation with Myungsoo but was missing the big picture.

I can answer all of those questions with one phrase.

I looked at the crying man in front of me right in the eyes, even though my eyes were blurred and shook my head, “I don’t like you because I love you, Suho…I love you.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

tumblr_m6ctrvjryF1rtvbloo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6crleGJB21rq4djvo1_500.png

I wanna wake up and find my husband like this haha...And yes, Suho...You shall be one of my many husbands huhu

image

Oh, such a nice view...I could stare at it all day XD

tumblr_m6cosvOJO91rw7c39o1_500.jpg

Could we not just have wet his whole body for this...I mean he's in a bathtub...Why Not? And maybe taken away his shirt?