Finding the one

Books Are Like Love

Finding books can be difficult. There are so many to choose from with all the different shapes, sizes, and colors. Although, picking one can be quite easy as long as you know what you’re looking for.

It’s like the people you to befriended that seemed to fit with your personality. You pick the book that fits who you are.

If only things in life could be that simple. Even though you know what you want, things don’t come so easily like books. Sometimes ambitions evade you even though you dream of it. Maybe it just wasn’t fated to happen.

Sometimes even love can be hard to find….But then again they say that love finds you in the least expected way.

I scanned up and down the rows of shelves for a new book of interest when a familiar brown headed boy caught my attention as he strained his eyes looking at the endless assortments of books. His clueless facial expression was priceless and I chuckled at his struggle to find a decent book.

“Having trouble finding something?” I came beside him and easily grabbed a book that had caught my own interest. I lifted my head to look at him and saw that his eyes were already staring down at me. I did my best to hide my smile but he raised a brow at me as he crossed his built arms.

“Is something funny?”

I picked up another book and shook my head only to let out a small giggle, “You look really lost, that’s all.”

He really did look like a lost puppy. This wasn’t his area of expertise which kind of made me curious as to why he was here in the first place.

I read through the first couple pages of the book.

“Well, I’m not as big on books, so excuse me if I’m not as book savvy as you,” he looked down at me with a playful look in his eyes.

“Then, why come to the library? That doesn’t make sense to me. If you don’t like books why do you come here?” I shut my book closed and turned to another aisle to hide my flushed cheeks.

“Maybe I just find this place interesting and want to get into reading books. Maybe I found something here that just keeps me coming back for more. I don’t have to come here for just for the books you know.”

His words hinted at something that had my insides melt with his sweet words and warm voice. Why did I feel like he was talking about me? Was I just daydreaming? Hallucinating, maybe? Or maybe buying into his ploy that he’s probably used on other girls before. My concentration on what was going on in front of me began to waver as my mind started to play cruel tricks on me.

He loves you…He loves you not…

“What, besides books, keeps you coming back here then?” My heart couldn’t take this kind of push and pull game. I gave him a straightforward question only to get an evasive response.

“I really don’t know, I keep coming back to find out,” he leaned down closer to me, his face inching towards me in a teasing manner.

I took a step back in panic and shoved a book at him, “Well, you might as well appreciate the real reason why there are libraries and start reading while you’re here.”

I quickly turned around to catch my breath as his close presence practically took my breath away.  My beating heart pounded in my chest and was very audible in my ears.

“I don’t want to read about vampires.”

Do you even know what you want?

“Then what do you want to read about? Do you even know what books you like?” I shot back and threw my hands in the air at his indecisiveness. I walked down the adjacent aisle with him following behind me.

How could I make him understand? What does he even like that can relate? Hmm…People. That relates…Your ideal type!

I decided to use the method of narrowing the kind of person he liked with books.

“First of all you need to narrow down your choices. Find out what genre you like, drama, romance, action, mystery…” I scanned the shelves and looked at him to see if he was looking, finding his eyes firmly planted on me, “S-so what do you like?”

“Mystery.”

How ironic. This boy before me picked the category that best definef him. A mystery. An elusive character that had me on my toes in anticipation at what he would say next. He was a like a puzzle. All the pieces were there but you had to put him together to understand him as a whole.

I guided him to the row filled with mystery books and pushed him in, “Okay, so mystery. Here are all of the mystery books, go and find one you like.”

“How do I pick one? There are so many.”

It can’t be that hard for you…you pick out the hoes in real life…I’m sure you can manage picking a book…wait, he’d probably pick out a book like how he does with girls…through looks.

“Find one that looks interesting to you. Look at the cover, look at the pictures, read the titles, read the back page if you have to. You won’t know what you like until you read some of it or find something interesting about it.”

“How about this one?” I offered him a book that I had read beforehand. It was a story with a good moral about how to deal with your enemies.

SuHo shook his head firmly as his eyes merely glanced at the cover. Of course, the picture wasn’t pretty enough.

I watched him as he picked out a small skinny book with a more attractive front. Yup, I was right. He chooses books like he chooses women. 90% about the book design and 10% about the content. Totally vain.

“That’s not good.”

“How do you know?”

“I just know, SuHo.” I sighed wearily, tired of his bickering.

Why couldn’t he just listen to me? I knew books like how he knew women, and I can spot the bad ones.

“Then, I give up! How am I supposed to know which one is good, or which one I’ll like? I really don’t want to keep looking!” SuHo complained openly as he threw a book back into the shelf.

“Sometimes you don’t have to look so hard and it will just pop out at you,” I scanned the shelf once more only to meet another reaching hand. His fair hand was smooth to the touch, but I pulled back as a tingling sensation overwhelmed my hand.

“Sometimes you’ll just now,” our eyes met as I looked up at him and my words grew distant, “Once…you see it.”

Looking at him gave me the answer I’ve been looking for.

Love can be hard to find…

But sometimes it’ll just find you…

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So sorry for the long wait...I've been busy studying for exams I'm probably going to fail anyways.

tumblr_m3ovlmBOhK1qc4xuyo1_500_large.jpg

That's right buddy, I blame you...SuHo...You distracted me from my studies and I'm going to fail TT.TT

SuHo: How did I distract you...Angel?

Me: *Angel?* 

image