With You

Books Are Like Love

 

“What else would you like to try and read? I mean I don’t think you’d like to continue reading my sappy stories,” I scanned the shelves of books while talking to Suho who looked on the other side. In reality, I was looking at him.

“I don’t know. You pick, I like the books you give me,” he shyly scratched his head and lifted his head to look at me.

His eyes were definitely something to get lost in. The way he looked at me, it was like he was reading me through my reactions.

Suho looked away first and my insides melted from the warm feeling he had just given me.

“You do?” I asked as I took a few more books off the shelf and watched him come around.

“Mmm, but I don’t understand why you like stories that end badly. I mean in both stories, the girl dies. Do you not like a story with a happy ending?”

Happy Endings…

Everybody wished for a happy ending, but only the privileged few got them. Unfortunately, my family and I weren’t the privileged. I learned to accept the fact that maybe we were just destined for bittersweet things in life. Life wasn’t fair and so was happiness. It comes and goes as it pleases without consideration.

Happy endings…

A contradiction to itself. Endings in general are never something happy.

So what if the stories I read had the main girl die? It was real and it was love. The guy loved her even after death. That was love. At least, that’s what I got out of it. They were the reality of love, that we don’t always get what we want.

“I guess those kinds of stories just seem more real to me. Not everyone gets that fairytale ending where they live happily ever after,” I replied with a dry chuckle.

“Did you not get your happy ending?”

He was reading me. Every time he looked at me, he saw through the subtle messages about my life and interpreted their meaning. I was an open book to him, while he was still a mystery to me.

“It’s not me, it’s my mom. My dad left us when I was little.”

“I’m sorry,” he apologized.

He didn’t need to apologize, his actions don’t reflect my father’s. In fact, he was quite the opposite. He was the ideal man that you would find in your little fairytales.

“You don’t have to say sorry. I’m not. He was a jerk to my mother,” I balled my hands at my side just thinking of the scars I saw my mother tried to hide, both emotional and physical. The thought of it made me hate that side of men even more.

“Not all guys are like that though. Some actually care.” Suho replied in an almost whisper as he kept his eyes lowered.

I can tell that you're one of those guys…

“Well, I’ll be happy if you introduce me to them because all I’ve seen are crazed men that only care about the physical aspect of a relationship and once they’ve gotten it, they dump you like trash.” I went off on a small rant thinking of all the unfortunate relationships my mother faced after her divorce. I learned from her mistakes, not to fall for someone so easily.

But I could feel the floor underneath me cave in each time Suho was around. I was walking on thin ice and it was going to break anytime, and have me falling hard into his arms. Whether he was there to catch me or not is what scared me.

“What if I told you, you met him already?”

Was he talking about himself? I smiled unknowingly and asked, “How do you know?”

“I don’t actually, it’s just a guess.” He walked away from me and I quickly gathered my things and followed him.

“Wait for me.”

“What book did you pick out?” Suho asked me as we sat together in our usual spot.

“Umm, this one is about a soldier that goes off to war but comes back and meets this girl.” I looked over the book without meeting his glance that I felt boring onto me.

“Mhmm.”

“They fall in love with each other, but he goes back to war.”

“Yeah.”

I flipped the page when I felt his soft hands take my chin and pulled my face up, then I realized he was looking right at me. His eyes soft and distracting.

“Then-T-They umm don’t…end…up together.” I lost all coherent thoughts as I watched his slowly close his eyes and come closer to me.

His lips gently pressed against mine and all walls were immediately burned down at the heat of his touch. It was a simple kiss, but a kiss that held emotion.

Having his lips on mine gave off a feeling of want that could never be satisfied unless I had him. My first kiss…Taken by someone that I don’t even know whether he loves me. Something I never learned from my mother.

My insides were frozen. I couldn’t even think of moving after he pulled away. My eyes were focused on him as he kept his head down when, finally, he looked at me and my frozen state.

He reached towards me and cupped my cheek, rubbing it gently with his thumb. I felt myself thaw away when he dropped his hand from my face. I quickly grabbed it and kept it to my cheek embracing his touch.

“I’m sorry.” Suho whispered again with an apology I didn’t want.

He removed his hand from my cheek and he made a move to leave when I grabbed his hand and leaned into him. I stopped a few inches away from his face and waited for him to kiss me again.

He only stayed still, not catching my drift when I quickly leaned in and planted a another small kiss on his lips. I was surpised when I felt his arms wrap around me and hold me in his lap as we continued to kiss each other. Instinctively, my hands made their way to his hair and I pulled him closer to me when a moan escaped my lips without my permission.

He pulled away first and huskily whispered my name, “____.”

Suho’s forehead touched mine as he grazed his nose against mine, “There is such thing as a happy ending.”

Maybe. Maybe there is a happy ending, and maybe Suho was my prince charming.

There is a happy ending.

“As long as it’s with you.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for the long hiatus!!!

Forgive me and I hope you enjoyed the update if not....That's okay too