I've seem to misplace my wallet

I Can't Have You

 

Na Young arrived at Lotti’s café and when she went inside she was eager to find Yong Dae. She looked around the café, but Dae was nowhere to be found. I must have arrived here early then, she thought. There were a few people lounging around in their chairs. Some were reading, others were chatting, and all of them had coffee either on their table or in  their hands.

She strolled along to the café’s register and greeted the cashier with a polite bow.

“Anyongahseyo” Na Young said and looked up at the menu for a moment. “Can I try the mocha ice coffee please?”

The young girl, no older than her smiled at Na Young and typed in the order. “Anything else?”

“No Thanks.”

“Alright, that will be 2500 won.”

Na Young placed her purse on the counter and searched for her wallet. Hm, that’s strange. My wallet’s not in here. She thought again. She looked up at the cashier who was tapping her finger, impatiently but trying to hide her impatience with a dull smile. She rummaged through the compartments of her purse, yet her wallet was nowhere to be seen.

She sighed melodramatically, “I’ve seem to misplace my wallet. Can you just cancel the order, please?”

The cashier nodded and Na Young took her purse and sat down at one of the empty booths. She, in fact, put her personal items that are close to her in her wallet, including her picture of her parents. She adored her parents who are not with her anymore. Without that picture, she felt as if she was nothing.

She placed her cheek against the cold wooden table and stared blankly at the door. Soon enough, Yong Dae comes in wearing a oversized knitted sweater and leggings. Her short hair was wild and messed up. Dae looked around the room until she spotted Na Young and sat down with her.

“Anyong” Dae bowed “You’re here already? Wait, Youngie-ah, what’s wrong?”

“I-It’s nothing.” She lied “I’m just really tired, is all.”

“Did you eat? What do you want? I’ll buy.”

“I ate already.” She bluffed and leaned her back against the booth. Dae squinted at her.

“Yah, I know you. I’ll just order something.” Dae goes to the cashier and once she comes back she places a mocha ice coffee right in front of her. Dae sipped on her own strawberry smoothie.

Dae leaned in closer and squinted again at Na Young, who gave her a weird look.

“Now, Tell me what’s wrong.” Dae commanded

“I told you.” Na Young sighed “It’s nothing you should worry about.”

“Awh, you never tell your unnie anything.” She pouted.

“Maybe that’s the point.” Na Young half joked and smirked.

“Yah, you thi-“

Dae was cut off by the ringtone of herself that played Exo’s History. She glanced at her phone and smiled. “It’s him.”

Na young leaned closer. “Who’s him?”

“The guy I met at the club! Eek! He’s really cute, youngie-ah!”

Dae answered her phone and displayed a wide smile. Yong Dae was the type of girl to fall for guys easy; In other words, the total opposite of Na Young. Na Young rolled her eyes and continued sipping on the coffee. She observed Dae as she blushed uncontrollably. ‘How could a single guy have so much effect on Dae?’ Na Young thought.

“Right now?” Dae glanced at Na Young and gave her a sincere smile. Na Young knew what she meant and nodded at her. No matter what, she felt that Dae would put guys before her, unintentionally speaking. “Okay.”

Dae closed her phone and grinned at Na Young. “I think he’s the catch.”

“You say that to all the guys you’ve hooked up with.”

“Ani! He’s such a gentleman. He asked me to meet him up at my house, he’s waiting to give me something. Ahh,  he’s so cute.”

“Yong Dae,”  Na Young started saying “Just be careful. I don’t want to beat him up like I did with the others.”

“Don’t you worry, I’ll be careful. I know I can count on you.”

Dae stood up with her smoothie in her hand. “Mianhe, I’ll be leaving first.”

I looked out the glass window as I heard the thunder roar for the first time. “You better leave quick, before the rain starts to pour.”

“Ah, what about you?”

“I’ll be fine.” Na Young pressed a smile.

“Are you sure?”

“Just go already.”  Na Young pushed her to the door and waved goodbye.

Na Young decided to finished her drink before she left, as soon as she walked through the door, she immediately fell to the ground, colliding with another body.

“Yah! Watch wher-“

“Na Young?”

She looked up and saw no other than Joon looking down upon her.

~~~

Boring chapter I know.

But please stay tuned, it’ll get better. I promise!

^_^

How do you like my  story so far?