Like What You See?

I Can't Have You

 

Na Young held the phone closely to her ear as she twirled a strand of one of her loose curls. She sat at the edge of GO’s bottom bunk. The members of Mblaq were all in the living room while she sat alone in their dark and messy bedroom. As she listened to Dae’s constant apologies, she became impassive. She knew how sorry Dae was. She also knew that Dae was the type a girl to live as she if she was going to die the next day.

“Mianhe Na Young-ah” Dae said sincerely. Na Young let out a small smile and brought her back against the wall, letting her legs get tangled with the blanket. “Ahh, my head hurts so much! I shouldn’t have drunk too much.”

Na Young rolled her dark eyes and sighed. “It’s okay, Dae.”

No, it’s not; I left you all by yourself. And it was you’re first time too! I’m such a bad friend. How did you get home?”

“Oh, I have my ways.” Na Young stated simply as she played with the hem of Cheon Doong’s white long sleeves.

“You met someone didn’t you? That’s why you don’t seem mad at me!” Dae smiled through the phone. “Let’s meet somewhere. I’ll buy you lunch to make up for leaving you.”

There was a knock on the door and Lee Joon peeked through the small opening of the doorway. Na Young waved her hand at him beckoning him to leave. Joon raised his eyebrows and came in anyway. Wearing his black wife beater and gray sweatpants, he showed his toned muscular arms that every fan screamed for. Joon smirked as he noticed Na Young staring. She furrowed her eyes and shooed him away. He shook his head at her and stood in front of the closet. She looked back at the hands.

“Dae, I didn’t meet anyone.” Na Young chirped. She looked at her wrist and noticed the dark and purple bruise left from the drunken man. She scanned her hand slightly touching the bruise. It hurt her, but her face was emotionless. She pulled her sleeve covering the bruise and looked at Joon. His back was facing her as he scanned his closet. Na Young was relieved that he didn’t noticed.

“Don’t Lie to me, Youngie.” She said firmly. “You met a guy! I knew it, I knew it! Let’s meet and tell me all about him.”

“I didn’t meet a guy, Dae.” Na Young sighed and got up from the bed. “Guys are pabos, remember?”

Joon looked at her with a dumbfounded expression as he grabbed a shirt and placed it on the dresser next to him. Na Young rolled her eyes. Joon peeled his wife beater over his head reveal his honey abs that he worked so hard for. Na Young couldn’t help but stare. Joon turned to her again and smirked.

“Like what you see?” He whispered. Na Young puffed her cheeks and furrowed her eyebrows. She clasped her phone with her hand, so that Dae wouldn’t hear.

“Shhh!” She placed a finger on her lips and put the phone against her ear again.

“Who was that?”

“Uh” Na Young hesitated “That was the Tv.”

She stuck her tongue out at Joon as he buttoned his last button on his shirt. Joon enjoyed teasing Na Young, it took the stress out from everything in his mind. She twisted the door knob and headed out the room.

“Oh duh” Dae said “Let’s meet now, okay? Youngie, I gotta see if you’re okay.”

GO, Seungho and Mir were on the couch while Cheon Doong was sitting on the floor munching on a bag of chips. The four guys looked at her as she walked over to the arm rest of the couch.

“Where?”

“Um, Lotti’s Café!”  Dae chirped.

“Ah, araso.”

“Okay, see you in a few.” Dae said happily. Na Young grabbed her purse and headed for the door.

“Na Young, where are you going?” GO asked curiously, Na Young stopped in her tracks. She suddenly realized that she wasn’t at home. She was at her best friends’ dorm.

“ahh, right.” She went back and faced them. “Thank you for letting me stay here for the night.”

She bowed at them. She felt that even though she had known them for a couple of years, she needed to be polite and never overstay her visit. Since Mblaq is such a rising kpop band, she knows just how busy and tired they really are.

They all blinked and stared blankly at her. She looked down at her clothing as if there was something wrong with her appearance, but she noticed nothing wrong with a long sleeved white shirt and black leggings. She placed her hands on her checks.

“What’s wrong” She worriedly asked. “Is there something on my face?”

“No.” Seungho replied fixing his hair. “It’s just that-“

“It’s just that we never seen your hair all down before.” GO chimed up.

“Hey, I was just about to say that!”

“Well, I beat you to it.” GO smiled at Seungho, nudging him slightly.

“It’s pretty!” Mir said cheerfully as he showed her his aeygo. “You should keep it down more often.”

The others agreed as Na Young shook her head. She rarely had her hair down because of how long and unmanageable she though it was. She would usually keep it up in a bun or braided it to the side. The only time she would let it all lose would be when she’s home alone or after she showers.

“I’m putting it back up.” She said dully and took her ponytail from her wrist and started doing her hair. She never took the compliments the band members gave her. “I’m going.”

“Wait, Where are you going?” Cheon Doong asked

“I’m meeting a friend.”

“YOU have a friend?” GO asked surprised

Na Young placed her hand on her hip. “What do you think I am? A lonely girl?”

They nodded their heads in agreement.

“Yah, when you guys are out saving people from boring music, I spend most my time with her, okay?”

“Can we meet her?” Mir asked with pleading eyes

“No.” She quickly said as she grabbed her purse and headed out the door. “I’ll be back to get my clothes and stuff later.”

“Do you want me to walk you there?!” Mir yelled after her “There are a lot of bad people out there!”