Minho

Remember Me Forever

It's almost two in the morning. 

Running a hand through my hair, I knock on the door and turn away, rethinking the entire idea and wanting to hurry away, but the door opens.

"Minho hyung?" Taemin says in a gentle voice behind me. 

"Uh, hello," I say, scratching the back of my head, avoiding eye contact with him. 

He grabs my arm and makes me turn towards him. He is my height so keeping my gaze away from his tired eyes is pretty difficult, especially when I really do want to look at him. Eye to eye. His hand squeezing my arm. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I tell him, but he pulls me into a hug, his head resting on my shoulder.

"Where have you been? The others were so worried," he says, his fingers pressed into my back.

"Just the others?" I ask, my hands clenching.

"Me too," he says, leaning back to look at me. "So, are you back?"

"Can we talk?" I say instead of answering his question, gently pushing him in the room. I close the door with my foot and sit with him on the bed. "You never tell me anything anymore." He starts to protest but I hold up my hand, not wanting to hear it. "It's true. I have been trying to be cool with it, but I feel like it is something important and since we are best friends I thought you would go to me, but you haven't. I just dont know what to do anymore. I mean, do you not trust me? Did I do something--"

"I miss my brother!" he shouts, his words hitting me hard. 

"Wha...What?"

Taemin drops his head. "That's the big secret, okay?" He sniffles, breaking my heart. 

"You're homesick," I say matter-of-factly, resting my hand on his back. 

"It's no big deal," he says to me, wiping his face with shaky hands. 

"Taemin, yes it is. I mean, it's gotten so bad that you fainted and had to go to the hospital. Obviously it's a big deal." I sigh. "I'll talk to the manager and see if we all can just have a break for a few days so you can go visit them. It's more for your health than anything so he cannot say no." He turns to look at me, his eyes teary but the water is staying in his eyes because he is trying to be strong. 

"You don't have to do that, I can get over it."

I raise an eyebrow. "Can you really?"

He nods but a tear leaves one of his eyes and he hides his face from me.

I bite my tongue, patting his back. "It'll be okay, I promise. Let me take care of this." I stand up and go to the door.

"Wait! Can... Can you stay with me tonight?" he says in a weak voice and I turn around to look at him. I simply nod and remove my jacket, dropping it to the floor. He moves over on the bed to be near the wall, his eyes watching me as I kick off my shoes one by one before joining him in bed again. I lay down besides him and grab his hand. 

"I'm here," I tell him, releasing his hand and turning so my back is to him. 

I fall asleep almost instantly, feeling comfortable and at ease for the first time in a few days.