Onew is There

Remember Me Forever

Onew, hard and fast, has a terrible realization. He looks at his watch and gets up from the chair, dashing out of the studio.

The hospital is over an hour away, did they let him out yet? Is anyone there to get him? 

Those are the main questions that ran through his mind as he hurries to find a driver, or a cab for that matter. Both vans are gone. Fixing his hat over his head, he throws on his fake reading glasses and raises the collar of his jacket before going to the sidewalk and holding up his hand to wait for a cab. After a short minute, one stops and he gets in the back.

"Take me to the hospital, please. And hurry."

The cab driver nods and speeds out of the place, making his way down the busy street, stopping every now and again to let people pass. Onew is restless, tapping his knee with quick fingers. He cannot believe that he forgot about Taemin. Little Taemin. 

Is he okay? Did he get out? Why hasn't anyone called me? He must not be with any of the others. Taemin could be alone, waiting at the hospital. Alone. Alone. What if he is alone? Am I the only one that forgot? I hope I am. He has been having troubles, and us forgetting him like this will possibly make him feel a whole lot worse. Please. Please. Someone be there. Someone be there.

Finally the cab comes to a stop outside the hospital. Because of all the stops and traffic, it took over an hour and ten minutes. Onew threw money at him and jumped out. Unfortunately, he is stopped with a bunch of flashing lights and people asking him questions. 

"Onew!"

"Onew, what happened to Taemin?"

"Can i get an interview?"

"What's with you and Minho?"

The questions attacked him from all side, lights blinding him. He simply smiles and waves, seeing a guard hurry over to him.

"Back off!" the guard growls, grabbing Onew's arm and helping him through the crowd. "Hurry, sir."

Onew presses himself to the guard, loving how easy it is for this large man to push through the swarms of people. A camera hit Onew's arm and he cursed, feeling the pain, but he didn't care. He could see the hospital doors a few feet away. The guard pushed him and turned to block the path to the entrance. Onew, out of breath and sweating, turns around and around, looking for Taemin. 

"Taemin? Taemin?" he shouts and a nurse comes over to him, scared.

"Who are you looking for?" he asks.

"Where is Taemin? Lee Taemin!" Onew sees out the corner of his eye something that stops his heart in a good way. "Taemin!" He runs over to the boy hunched over on the orange chair by the window. His head is in his hands. "Taemin! It's me. I'm here."

Taemin looks up through his bangs. He has been crying. His eyes are all puffy and red. His cheeks are blotchy, his lips swollen and nose dripping. Onew's heart falls out of his body and lands in a bloody mess on the floor. Well, that's what he wishes would happen. In reality, his breath got stuck in his throat, making breathing hard.

"Taemin... I... I'm here." Onew is unsure what to do so he sits in the chair next to him. "Why are you crying?"

Taemin wipes at his face, angry now. He really doesn't know? He really cannot guess? Taemin thinks, turning away from Onew. 

"I didn't forget you, Taemin. I just woke up. I'm sorry." Onew stands back up and faces him. He kneels, resting his arms on Taemin's legs. Taemin looks at him, his soft face looking so much more fragile than ever. "How long have you been waiting?"

"Two hours," he answers in a shallow voice. 

"Did you eat? Are you hungry?" Onew reaches up and dabs at Taemin's face with his thumb, wiping stray tears from his warm cheeks.

Taemin is not sure how he feels, but he knows that he is hungry. He nods and Onew smiles gently, leaning up to kiss Taemin's forehead. 

"Let's get out of here and get some food in you, okay?" 

Taemin nods again, letting Onew help him up. Onew does not let go of Taemin's hand though, him needing to hold it. Part of Onew wants to believe that Taemin is okay, that he did not just come to the hospital with a concussion. Yes, he is not senile, he knows that the youngest of the five was just in the hospital, room number 17 to be exact, but his heart could not take it that way. He could almost make himself believe that Taemin was just getting a shot or check-up, nothing more nothing less.

Taemin is confused on why Onew hyung won't let go of his hand, but he doesn't complain. He puts up his hood like Onew does and they follow a guard out the side-doors of the hospital. No one with cameras or questions is there, making it a perfect place to be in waiting for the van to drive up. Unfortunately for Onew, Taemin asks him a questions that he has no answer for...

"Where are the others?"