Jonghyun

Remember Me Forever

I ended up changing and falling asleep with Key in my arms. He sobbed for a good three hours before passing out on my bare chest, his legs tangled up with mine and the sheets. His snoring was loud and kept me up, but I didn't care. While he slept, he looked all calm and pretty as he breathed in an out of his mouth that was slightly red for the first hour from all the crying. 

I think I must have fallen asleep for about an hour because I had to wake up to answer my phone that was buzzing on my dresser. I was able to get it without waking Key.

"Hello?" I whisper into the phone.

"Where are you?" Onew shouts and I pause mentally, my heart reacting to his high pitched voice all weird like.

"What do you mean?" I say a bit louder, trying my hardest to not wake the boy snuggled against my chest.

"You completely forgot that Taemin was getting out of the hospital today, didn't you?" 

My confused heart stops in my chest.

"Taemin..." I say, the room temperature dropping thirty degrees. He got out of the hospital. He got out of the hospital today. Taemin got out of the hospital today. Once the sentence was clear in my mind I shook all over, waking Key forcefully. "Where are you? Where is he?"

Key looks at me, wiping at his face.

"We are at some little restaurant by the hospital. I just stepped away to pay. I hope you know that you hurt that little boy. Not just you, but all of the three of you."

I drop the phone and watch with blurry eyes as Key picks it up and starts talking to Onew. But I do not hear a thing he says. I don't even listen when he is pulling me and throwing a shirt on my body before pushing me out the door. He is very violent. Lots of pushing and shoving and yelling and grabbing and more pushing, but this time to get in a car. Key yells to the driver and before I know it, I am in front of a store, a clothing store. Key grabs my hand and looks at me.

"Jonghyun hyung, look at me."

I am.

"Just act like nothing happened. We didn't forget about him, we fell asleep. That's all."

I think I nod. In a matter of seconds I am in front of Onew who is looking so disappointed. Key and him talk a while but I force myself to look for Taemin who is picking out a shirt from off the wall. I go to him.

Taemin looks at me, his eyes getting extremely wide when he realizes that it is me and not some sales lady.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey," he says back, dropping his head a little to look at the black shirt in his hand.

"You look good today." 

"Thanks."

The awkwardness stings me painfully. I almost think I am going to pass out. Is he mad at me? I am here. Now. Shouldn't that count for something? Minho isn't even around, so I am better than him at this moment. Where is he anyways? I almost want to ask Taemin but that might just hurt him. 

"I can't believe they let you out so early today. I was expecting around the afternoon."

That makes Taemin look at me again. "No. I guess I was all good." He shrugs. "My head hurts though. Very bad."

"I bet!" I give him a half smile. "So, uh, why are you getting clothes?"

"Onew hyung suggested it." He holds out the shirt that is ripped all over, but I think that is the style of it. "Good?"

I nod and he smiles. 

"So, what do we have to do today?" he asks and I shrug.

"Some singing. The usual."

My phone vibrates in my pocket. I am almost shocked to see who it is.