Preface

Remember Me Forever

                   Taemin sits on his bed, staring at the photo of him and his brother playing when they were children. Both boy's were smiling, toys in front of them. He could almost imagine his mother taking this picture. Setting it down on his nightstand, Taemin lies down and closes his eyes, trying to think of his brother and mother, wishing he could actually see them in person. A strange feeling enters his chest and he touches the skin, confused. He isn't really upset, but the pain wants to scream at him otherwise. Sadness sweeps over his thin body and he gets up, refusing to think that way. He leaves his hotel room to go down the stairs and through the living room like area to the bar. A woman in a brightly colored dress stares at him for a moment before reaching into her purse for a camera to start taking pictures of Taemin who tries to smile at her but with his movement, she gasps and runs out of the hotel. Frustrated, he runs a shaky hand through his hair that falls just below his shoulders and sits on a stool, a big guy drying a glass eyes him.

"What can i get ya?" he asks in Japanese, eyebrows raised.

"Water," he says, resting his elbows on the bar, his head in his hands at the same time. He was hoping that he said the right word, never has he been very good at other languages. Minho was the Japanese man while Key was the English guy. Sighing, he sets some money on the counter before the bartender gives him a cup of water that he takes with a polite nod. After a long sip, Taemin leaves, noticing a bodyguard watching him by the main doors. His name is long, something Taemin never bothered to learn because they change so frequently. One week it would be this guy and then the next will be another and then another...etc. 

"Hello, Taemin. Join me?"

Taemin turns at the sound of Minho's voice, but Taemin drops his head and walks away, not in the mood to talk with him or Key who is sitting next to him on the sofa. Running a hand through his hair, he goes back up to his room, retiring on his bed to fall asleep.

Minho just glances at Key, more confused than anything. 

"What is up with him?" Key asks, trying to move his eyes from off the last spot he saw Taemin going up the stairs.

"I...I don't know." Minho pats Key's leg and gets up. "I'll see you at dinner." Key nods his goodbye at him, knowing that Taemin would want to see him more then anyone else in the band right now.

"If you need anything just call me." Key gets comfortable on the couch, taking a magazine from out of his bag in the floor.

"I will." Minho stretches his arms over his head and takes the stairs to Taemin's room which is right next to his. Knocking on the door gently, he doesn't wait for a response and just walks in slowly, his eyes trying to adjust to the darkness. "Taemin?"

Taemin groans into his pillow.

"Hey, don't be like that. What's wrong? Do you not like it here?" Minho walks in and sits on the edge of the bed, resting a hand on Taemin's back.

Taemin turns his head to see him, staying on his stomach. "No," he says, "it's not that. It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Well, i have to. If one of us is upset then the others must do whatever they can to help. So talk to me."

"I'm okay. Really." Taemin turns away from Minho who sighs and gets up.

"Want me to come get you for dinner in an hour?"

Taemin doesn't answer.

"Taemin?" Minho stays for a moment, keeping silent as he watches Taemin in bed, him not moving or even breathing loud enough to hear in the quiet. "I'll...I'll see you in a little while. You sleep." Minho swallows the thick lump in his throat, closing the door behind him. He nods at the bodyguard that is stationed on this floor at all times. Turning, Minho goes into his room.