Way Back When

Once Upon a Hill

Kira's POV

"Lily!" I waved my hand in front of her face "Lily~." she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Were you saying something?" her face seemed flushed.

Out of curiosity, I turned to face Taeyang's table. He was looking straight at her. We made eye contact and then he returned to talk with the guy sitting right next to him.

I returned my eyes towards Lily.

I won't hate her. I can't, she's too nice. But I can't help but feel jealous. No! I can't. She is my FRIEND

"No, nothing" I said forcing a smile.

 

It all started in elementary. Fourth grade to be exact.

*flashback*

I was too shy back then and rich. Some girls mistakened that for me being snobby. They started hating me. As much as I wanted to be their friends, they started hating me. The teacher as well, did not like me because of some things that happened between my parents a very long time ago.

About 20 of us or more were on a field trip to the local park. During this field trip, we had gotten a new student. He quickly gained popularity in the time before we were about to leave to the park.

While at the park, I stayed towards the back. Trying not to get noticed by the mean girls. I was doing a pretty good job at avoiding everyone. It had even crossed my mind to wander off all alone - away from the class.

By this time I was walking so slow that I ended up far behind and was planning my escape. There was a classmate who had stopped to tie his shoes. I didn't recognize him but I tried to pretend he wasn't there - or that I wasn't in the class. The class had gotten significantly ahead and as I walked, I got nearer and nearer to the boy who was tying his shoes. He stood up and was about to walk but he heard my footsteps and turned around. I didn't think he knew I was back here.

I stopped in my tracks as he looked at me.

"What are you doing all the way back here?" he asked me.

I didn't respond. I continued to look at him. He was wearing a jacket over his uniform and pants. I noticed a chain that looped two times around his small wrist. It was shiny and reminded me of my jewlery that my mom and dad buy me every single birthday. Only this one seemed more unique, more his style. It fit him nicely.

He was waiting for a response but knew he wasn't getting one anytime soon. "Come on!" he said, extending his hand for me to grab, "Let's go exploring."

I stood there, not sure of what to do. He smiled at me and so I took his hand and went exploring with him.

We climbed trees and went on the playground. While we were playing, the boy found an old charm bracelet. The bracelet had been broken and now all the charms were scattered on the floor. He picked them up and put them in his pocket.  

Then, we played hide and seek until it was getting closer to the time to leave. We walked towards the buses that had brought us to the park. We were facecd with an angry teacher. The rest of the students were already at the bus and they were watching.

The teacher started yelling at me and telling me mean things like how I was a goodie-two-shoes, that I should not even be in her class, and how much she didn't like me or my family. The boy butted in and said it was his idea to off and play. The teacher wouldn't accept it. She kept telling him that I was a very bad student and that he shouldn't be around me. He stayed quiet after that.

"Youngbae, go inside the bus. Now!"

"Yeah Taeyang! Come inside" a kid from the bus yelled. He did as told.

The teacher walked into the bus and I followed only to be pushed off. I didn't quite understand what was going on but I stayed put by the doors of the bus. Tears were now running down my face, the doors were beginning to close when Taeyang came out and handed me the charms we had found earlier along with his silver wrist chain.

The teacher came rushing out and pulled Taeyang back into the bus. The doors closed and the bus started to move along. I did my best to catch up to the bus but I tripped and fell, the charms still in my hand. I cried and cried until it grew darker. My cheeks were hard from the combination of dried tears and dirt.

I didn't know which way was home, but I just walked and walked until I could find somthing familiar. By this time, it was past my bedtime. Finally, I found a cafe that my parents took me regularly to buy cupcakes whenever my classmates and teacher bullied me. I went inside and half-hoped to find my parents there. They weren't there.

I sat down at the usual table and the ajusshi who runs the store came up to me and asked me where my parents were. I told him I was lost so he called them and luckily I went home.

At home, my parents asked me so many questions that didn't make any sense to me at that time.

"Your teacher told us what you did. Why did you run away?" They asked

I didn't understand what they were saying. I didn't run away. I was left behind. I stayed quiet and just stared at my parents. What did the teacher tell my parents? Did the teacher lie to my parents? If so, why? What does she have against me?

"거짓말! Lies." I said in between sobs. I didn't notice that I had begun sobbing uncontrolably.

"What's wrong baby girl?" My dad asked and picked me up to hug me.

All I could say was 'Lies. Lies.'

Next thing I knew I was being carried to my room and put to bed.

 


Here is the next Chapter.
I am so sorry that it took me forever to update.
I actually had already written it but I had tons of work to do at my university -.-
Here it is!
Tell me what you think!
Unnimoon, signing out.