Sleeping Beauty

The Gayme

The Gayme Chapter 4

Minho sat back in his seat as Taemin walked into class ten minutes late, his eyes red and puffy. The teacher didn't even have the balls to yell at the crying boy, who was still sniffling when he walked into the room

"Hey, ," Minho sneered quietly as Taemin sat next to him. The younger boy just shot Minho a withering glare. Minho smirked and went back to pretending to pay attention to class. Someone flicked something at his desk. It was a folded up piece of paper, and it landed squarely on the dirty magazine Minho was secretly reading. He looked over at Taemin, who's diligently taking notes, and opened up the paper.

. Minho whipped his head to the left and saw one of his 'friends,' Jung Yunho, make a motion to pass it to Taemin. Minho smirked and nodded, aiming and flicking the paper at Taemin's head. It hit the disgusting little rat square on the temple, and the blank look on the idiot's face made Minho snicker.

IQ of 186 my , Minho thought as he watched Taemin look down. Minho his lips like a lion would if it was watching a gazelle or an antelope or some other weak little ty animal. He fixated on every flaw, every hair out of place, every little inconsistency as Taemin took the paper and read it.

"," Minho heard the snarl, and he chuckled to himself. It was way too fun to mess with him. He felt a pair of eyes on him and turned to see Taemin glaring at him. It was hard not to laugh with how fierce Taemin was trying to make himself seem. Minho gave Taemin the finger and the boy responded by mouthing ' you' to the jock.

Taemin hurried out of the classroom as soon as class was finished. He was met by Key, who was coming to pick him up. The older boy placed his hands on the trembling freshman's shoulders and steadied him. Taemin looked up at his 'umma' with watery eyes , and Key's heart filled with motherly concern.

"Taemin, what's wrong?" he asked. Taemin made a small sound in the back of his throat and lunged into Key's arms with a sob.

"M-Minho called me a again," Taemin whispered, and Key felt his temper flare. He hugged his new baby tightly and marched with the boy in his arms, Taemin trying awkwardly to keep his balance. The younger boy's eyes widened as he saw where Key was headed.

"CHOI ING MINHO!" Key screeched, and the crowd parted to reveal the tall jock talking with some of his teammates. The pair of big eyes turned and the cruel lips twisted up in a smirk.

"You told your mommy about what happened in class today?" Minho sneered. Key stepped up to the taller boy and jabbed him in the chest with his finger, his perfectly-manicured nail stabbing into Minho's sternum.

"You need to apologize right ing now!" Key demanded. He backed off and shoved Taemin forward until he hit Minho's chest. Taemin looked up in fear at the cruel eyes as a pair of hands gripped his arms and pinned him to the wall. A ring of football players formed around the bully and the victim so that not even Key could get through. Taemin trembled.

"Do you want an apology, Taemin?" Minho whispered, his voice laced with heavy sarcasm. Taemin made a helpless sound in the back of his throat and shook his head. Minho released one of Taemin's arms and grabbed the boy by the throat. He didn't squeeze, but he held his hand there to make Taemin panic.

The boy was like a fledgling in his grasp.

"P-please... Just let me go," Taemin whimpered. Minho was still smirking when Onew tore him away and punched him across the jaw.

"I told you not to touch him!" Onew snarled, standing in front of Taemin and protecting him with his well-built body. Minho rubbed his jaw and fixed Onew with a dangerous smile. He flexed his arms and was prepared to lunge when a hand met his chest.

"Let's just go," Jonghyun whispered next to him, and the five boys stood there for a moment. Jonghyun was facing away from the lockers, just wanting to get Minho away from trouble, while Key and Onew just glared at the tall jock. Minho had his eyes fixed on Taemin, who was trembling behind Onew, and he smirked.

"Next time," he said finally, brushing his thumb across the corner of his mouth. He gave Taemin a cruel wink and walked away with Jonghyun. As soon as he was out of sight, Taemin collapsed in a dead faint, Onew and Key's shouts only a faint echo in his ears.

~

"I told you, he's not doing this!" Onew snarled as he covered Taemin with a sparse blanket. They had taken Taemin home, he and Key, and they had taken to arguing as a new pastime while waiting for their Sleeping Beauty to awaken.

"He has to! If he ever wants to get revenge against Minho, he's going to have to take him on," Key snarled, absentmindedly kicking at a rip in the thin carpet. His fists clenched as he glared defiantly at the older male. Onew glared back, hovering over Taemin protectively.

"And if he gets beat up in the process?" he demanded. Key hissed like a pissed off cat and his eyes sharpened. He had made it his mission to see every member of the Gayme through, and he wasn't about to let some chinky-eyed bastard get in his way.

"He can fight off Minho. If not with his fists, then with his mind," Key snarled. He gave the sleeping boy a look and his countenance softened. "I believe in him." Onew sighed, knowing that he'd lost. This was, after all, what Taemin wanted too. The youngest had made a point of saying it, and Onew couldn't deny Taemin what he wanted.

"If he gets hurt," Onew warned, "I'll skin you alive." He meant it. He turned to look at Taemin again and cupped his friends's cheek, dipping down and kissing the perfect set of plump lips gently, without hesitation. It was an action that caused Key to raise an eyebrow.

"Are you his boyfriend?" Key asked. Onew chuckled and shook his head, his thumb running over Taemin's forehead as his hand rested in Taemin's soft hair. He kissed Taemin's closed eyelids and gently whispered for them to part.

"We're the best of friends," he murmured as he felt Taemin stir. How else could he describe what he felt for Taemin? Not quite love, not quite platonic. Just in the middle, where they both liked it. The youngest's eyes opened and his lips tilted up in a smile at the sight of his friend above him.

"How long was I out?" he murmured as he sat up. Onew chuckled and ruffled Taemin's hair. The boy grinned back, his eyes following Onew as the senior pulled his onto the couch next to the younger. He placed his arm around Taemin's body and kissed his head.

"A hundred years," he joked. "I had to battle the evil fairy, Key, to get you out." He winked at Key, who was still standing, only to hear the diva-like sophomore scoff at the allegory. Taemin beamed and kissed his friend softly, his hands wrapping around Onew's neck.

"My prince charming," he said softly, leaning his head on Onew's shoulder. Key, feeling like a third wheel (and an awkward one at that), looked around the living room. It was cramped, without a lot of furniture. There was only the couch and a little coffee table good for holding almanacs and medical textbooks and law books. Key absentmindedly wondered if Taemin's family ever actually served coffee on the thing.

"What do your parents do for a living?" Key asked as he brushed a layer of dust from the top of the books. Taemin shrugged a little uncomfortably, but he figured that he should tell his new friend, just out of curtesy.

"My dad designs eco-friendly clothing, and my mom is a free-lancer..." Taemin said softly. A really bad one at that, he thought in the back of his head, but he didn't dare say it. Key nodded understandingly. Coming from an affluent family, he very rarely met someone whose house was like this. Onew, sensing Taemin's uncomfortableness with the subject, immediately jumped in.

"Hey, if you think this is bad, you should see my place," he said jovially. Taemin kissed Onew's cheek and smiled gently, his hyung's cheek.

"It's not that bad," he murmured. Key smiled a little as he watched the two. His phone buzzed, and he quickly answered it. He read the text message with great interest and smiled even broader, the jubilance evident on his face.

"My ride's here," he said, shoving the sleek device back in his pocket. He gave Onew a wave and Taemin a kiss on the cheek as he passed them. Taemin hopped up and chased his new friend down.

"Wait," he called out. "Let me send you to the car." Key didn't object to his new son following him. He actually thought it was kind of cute, how Taemin seemed so awkward. He a sudden thought right by and held out his hand.

"Give me your phone," he ordered. Taemin cocked his head to the side but did as he was told, peering at Key's fingers as the older male added his number to Taemin's phone and vice-versa. The car outside honked and Key's head snapped up.

"I'm coming!" he yelled, as if his voice alone could penetrate the thick door, cross the distance between the threshold and the street, and go into the vehicle. Taemin, however, knew otherwise.

"I think you might have to go outside," he said quietly. Key sighed and handed Taemin back his phone. He opened the door and dragged the younger with him, an action that Taemin was getting all too familiar with. The boy's jaw nearly dropped at he sight of the red sports car parked by the curb.

"Jonghyun," Key cooed as he knocked on the tinted windows. The glass rolled down to reveal a familiar face, and Taemin jumped back with a shriek. His face blanched as Jonghyun lowered his sunglasses.

"Y-you're with him!" Taemin stammered, looking from Key to Jonghyun in confusion. An IQ of 186 was slashed to about 10 as Taemin froze in fear. Key chuckled and gently led Taemin to the window.

"This is my boyfriend," he introduced. "Jonghyun, this is Taemin." The two boys, one older and confident, one younger and trembling, looked each other up and down. Jonghyun was, quite frankly, stunned that Minho didn't want to bend this kid over a desk and him within seconds of seeing him. Taemin warily admitted that Jonghyun was... attractive. Of course, he looked slightly reptilian and slightly canine, but all in all, the usual symmetry needed to be considered attractive was present, along with nicely proportioned features.

Yes, he was cute.

"He looks good," Jonghyun finally commented. He leaned forward and smiled as he scrutinized Taemin's face. "You look nice when my friend isn't beating you up."

"D-does he know about..." Taemin's mind answered the question for him before it was even out of his mouth, but he still looked at the couple with curiosity. Jonghyun laughed.

"He's funny," he said to Key before shaking his head at the young boy. "No, he doesn't."

"Oh..." Taemin contemplated this before waving at Key. The older boy kissed his son on the cheek before climbing into the car and pecking his boyfriend's lips. Taemin watched them speed off before hopping back inside to Onew. He'd barely gotten into his hyung's arms before his phone buzzed. His hyung craned to read the text as Taemin scanned it.

This Saturday, Noon, library. Key had definitely mastered "more matter, less art." At least, he had in texting form. Taemin sighed and put the phone away.

"The Gayme?" Onew asked. Taemin smiled sadly and pecked his hyung.

That was a "yes."

A/N - I love it when life comes back and bites me in the -.-

Anyway, yeah... Tell me which play "More matter, less art" came from and I'll give you a cookie :D

....

Yeah.

More to come, comments are love <3