Victory

The Gayme

Minho hummed as he wiped off his countertop and looked at the three plates on the table. This routine was warm, comforting, familiar, but newer boring. Just how he liked it.

His son came bouncing down first, squealing happily about his dream. Evidently, the Power Rangers had save the toy store with their powers and had driven away the evil Godzilla. Minho chuckled as he watched the boy, raised as an infant and never doubting his parents' love. It was so perfect. He watched as the young boy shoveled pancakes into his mouth and took the time to the sugar off of the M&Ms.

Then, down came Taemin, smiling as he kissed their son's head and gave Minho a peck on the cheek. Minho chuckled as he joined his family at the breakfast table. Taemin smiled at the boy's antics as their son poked holes in the pancake to eat it easier.

"Come on, buddy. It's almost time," Minho said, getting up from his plate of eggs and bacon. Taemin stood up too, helping the child get his backpack on. The boy was practically bouncing as he raced out of the house.

"I'm gonna be a first grader!" he announced as he ran for the bus stop. Minho chuckled as he watched the boy board the large vehicle. Ah, youth.

"Have fun!" he shouted, waving with a grin. He chuckled as the boy bounced onto the bus, only to run right back off and, to Minho's surprise, leap at Minho with a hug. The boy squeezed his father's waist as tightly as he could as Minho's hands rested on his boy's shoulder blades.

"I love you, dad," the child whispered. Minho smiled as he patted his son's back, his throat closing as he watched his boy, his grown up little boy, become a baby for just a few moments.

"I love you too, buddy," he whispered before the kid was off again, ready to start his first big day at school. Minho sighed as he watched the bus drive away, and then he walked back into the house. It was already feeling like a long day. Taemin was at the door, hugging Minho tightly and smiling.

"I love you," he murmured, kissing Minho's cheek. "And our son loves you too. He's going to grow up and all that, but he'll always love his daddy, neh?" Taemin pulled away with a smile and rubbed Minho's back soothingly.

"I know, it's just... My own dad hasn't really talked to me much, you know? And what if I end up like that? What if I cut off contact with out kid just over him being himself?" Minho muttered as he walked into the living room and collapsed. He heard Taemin close the door and felt the man sit by him.

"You won't, Minho. I know you, and I know that you would never do something like that." He kissed Minho's cheek and took his husband's hand, holding it tightly as Minho sighed and tried to keep it together.

They'd come out to their families after college, when Taemin has his third Doctor's Degree and Minho had secured a job in business. Taemin's parents had merely shrugged it off and told Minho to take care of Taemin.

Minho's father had reacted differently. He beat Minho in front of Taemin's eyes, and then Taemin as well. He called them sick and threw them out of the house, threatening to kill them if they ever came back. Needless to say, he and Minho had lost touch. Minho had done his best, but it hadn't been good enough.

"You know, we should have a party," Taemin suggested, smiling gently. "Just a small one, celebrating out kid's getting into school." He looked at their hands, already happy at the prospect. Minho chuckled and kissed Taemin's cheek.

"Are Key and Jonghyun going to come?" he asked, remembering how much pomp and circumstance had gone into Jonghyun's coming-out. It'd been a huge event over the summer, disguised as just a summer bash until Jonghyun had gotten up and came out to the whole crowd, gaping at Minho's wide grin and tight hug. Fun times.

"Probably, and Chang Sun and that boy... Um... Mir, right?" Taemin said, thinking pensively. Minho chuckled at the memory of that cute boy who had clung to Chang Sun's hand so desperately the festival and last time they'd met. He was young, Chang Sun explained. Fresh out of college, and extremely shy, but adorable and perfect. Minho saw the look that Chang Sun gave Taemin, but also saw the look that he gave his new companion as they'd walked away.

"Should we invite Onew and Luna, or...?" Minho asked. Taemin hummed as he thought about it, his arms around Minho's neck and that pensive look on his face. Minho chuckled and kissed Taemin's head to spur on an answer.

"They're having their third child... Should we really invite them?" Taemin asked, humming softly at the gentle kiss that Minho gave him. He smiled gently and sighed. "Fine, fine... And we'll let them bring Amber and Victoria too."

"Yay! Children!" Minho said joyously. Taemin laughed and kissed Minho's cheek, watching his husband's happy eyes light up. He leaned closer and put his head on Minho's shoulders.

"When should we have it?" Taemin asked. Minho chuckled and shrugged. L

He looked down at the top of Taemin's head and kissed the seam. Taemin twitched slightly.

"Let's just leave the planning here. I might even want to invite my old teammates... But we can talk about it later," Minho suggested, rubbing Taemin's back. The younger man smiled and sighed contently. They looked at their clasped hands for a moment, lost in just the feel of the other's warmth. They had spare few moments to do this before their son started school. They were making up for it now.

"I love you, you know," Minho blurted out. Taemin chuckled softly and raised Minho's hand to his lips. He felt Minho's arm sweep around him and soon, his back was on the couch and his eyes were wide with a pleased surprised expression.

"If I say that I love you too, will you release me?" Taemin teased. Minho laughed and kissed Taemin gently, causing the boy's eyes to close with pleasure. Again, not much time to snuggle.

"I think I'll just hold you tighter."

"Good."

A lot of things still had to be resolved. A lot of friends still had to be remade. A lot of friends, too, had to be let go. Yet, they knew that the future could wait. They knew that they had all the time in the world to do what they wanted, when they wanted.

After all, who needs rules?

A/N - Omo... My crowning joy is complete ;~;

I need a moment. *ducks away and sniffles into a handkerchief*

BUT DREAD NOT!!! Behold my new child :3

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/325651

Zombies and 2min. Come on, you know you'll love it~!!!