Seven

Rainbow

Sanghee couldn’t stop herself as she reached up to play with Byunghun’s hair, marvelling at its impossibly dark colour. “At least it looks vaguely normal,” she mused.

Byunghun laughed as he examined a long strand of her hair. “Yours is too boring,” he answered. “You could always go for brown. Or blonde. Or pink.”

“I don’t even like pink, Byunghun.” Sanghee rolled her eyes, brushing his hand away with a slight smile. “Besides, I’ve seen how ridiculous pink looks on you – why would I want to look like that?”

“Hey, hey, that was mean.”

“I am mean.” She smirked. “I thought you already knew that.”

 “Of course I do.” Byunghun pouted. “How could I not know, after all those times you hit and insulted me? Besides, what was wrong with my pink hair?”

“Um, it was pink. I don’t like pink,” she repeated slowly. “Actually, I think this colour looks pretty good on you. It looks very fake, but it looks good.”

“Is this what I think it is?” Byunghun gasped dramatically. “Is Sanghee actually complimenting me?”

“You’re so immature.” Sanghee rolled her eyes again.

“At least I’m not as immature as Chunji,” he grumbled, holding up his phone. “He keeps insisting that we’re on a date.”

Sanghee snorted. “Don’t be ridiculous, we’re not on a date,” she said quickly. “Gayeon and Go Eun wouldn’t stop calling it a date, either. Idiots.”

“Hey, can you help me with something?” Byunghun grinned wickedly at her.

“What for?”

“Chunji doesn’t have your number, right? Want to prank call him?”

----

“Oh, haha, guys,” Chunji said sarcastically. “That was really funny. Hilarious.”

Sanghee clutched her stomach, wiping away tears of joy from her eyes as she giggled uncontrollably. Byunghun was on the ground, almost hysterical.

“Well, at least you guys are having fun on your date.”

That shut them up.