Four

Rainbow

“Hey, Byunghun, you know how I mentioned that your pink hair looked ridiculous?”

“Only several times a day, yeah. Why?”

“I take it back. Your hair is now the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen, and you’re going to go bald before you’re thirty.”

“Shut up,” Byunghun whined, his hand straying to his head out of habit. A darker pink then before, and unreasonably curly, Sanghee thought he looked like a poodle. “I didn’t want it like this.”

“So why is it like this?” Sanghee leaned forward inspect his new hairstyle, pursing her lips.

Byunghun sighed impatiently. “I pulled a prank on Chunji a few days ago, and this is his revenge.”

“Why am I so sceptical of this? Oh, yeah. Since when could Chunji curl people’s hair?” Sanghee snorted.

“He can’t,” Byunghun chuckled, before his voice hardened. “But his precious noona can. Actually, she messed with everyone’s hair.”

“Ah.” There were several rumours floating around the school that Chunji was cheating on Go Eun with a noona. “So, is Chunji coming to school today?”

“Probably, why?”

“I just need to punch him in the face. Several times, actually.”

A pause.

“Also, could you possibly take me to see Chunji’s noona sometime soon?”