First Signature

10 Signatures To Bargain With God

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/HaveYouSeenThisGirL - written by HaveYouSeenThisGirL

 

 

First Signature

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are you going, Dara?!" upon entering my room, my mom is surprised too see me in my jeans, jacket and rubber shoes. My outfit clearly says that I'm going out.

 

"Mom, I need to go to the park."

 

Because I have an old friend waiting for me...

 

"At a time like this?!"

 

"Oh please mom, don't exaggerate. It's only 7 o'clock in the evening."

 

"No, you can't go. It's already late. Change your clothes." my mom turns her back on me and is about to leave my room, I run to her and hold her arm.

 

"Mom." she stops, not facing me.

 

"Can I go? Please?" I insisted.

 

"No."

 

I pout at her response, "Not fair! You usually allow me to go outside at this hour and even late!"

 

"Don't you understand the situation?!" in-between her lines, I hear her sob. I don't know if she's crying, I can't see her face neither her tears. I try to turn her to face me and my thought is confirmed, my mom is crying again.

 

No, not again but always. My mom is always crying since she knew about my sickness and due date. Why does the thought of dying makes a person cry? I want to know, what is the saddest thing about death? What is there to cry about death? What is? Why? Questions.

 

 

I embrace my mother and whisper to her ear, "I don't understand the situation and I'm not trying to understand it anymore. It might sound that I'm weary of all of these and I'm like giving up but I'll tell you the truth mom, I'm not dying."

 

She pushes me a little because she is taken aback from my words, "You're not dying?! The doctor just said..."

 

"I just started living life so how come I'm dying? I will die but I'm not dying, mom. Please do remember that."

 

"What... what are you saying? I don't understand. You're confusing me! Stop using unfathomable phrases!"

 

I wipe the tears on mom's cheek and kiss the tip of her nose, "Mom, please let me go tonight? Please?"

 

"I just said you can't---"

 

"Do you remember when I was in sixth grade; you and dad asked me what happened to me and my best friend back then?" I paused, took a breath and continue, "For my response, I told you guys that people grow old and meet other friends. After that, you didn't ask me anything anymore. If you'll ask me the same question again, I'll tell you a different answer."

 

"What's the sense of this?"

 

"Just ask me the same question again, Mom. Ask me what happened to me and my best friend back then."

 

Mom hesitates, looks directly in my eyes then to the wall and looks back into my eyes again. "W-what happened to you and her? Why didn't I see you guys hanging out anymore?"

 

"I bullied her."

 

Thick and clear. My words are nothing but guilt and regret.

 

 "I---" mom can't even continue her word; she covers with her right hand in astonishment.

 

"I'm a bad girl mom, a bad friend. I want to understand why I did such things so please, let me go. Please, mom. Please."

 

"Are you meeting her tonight?"

 

I nod, "After 8yrs."

 

 

"Then go."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I place my hands inside my jacket's pocket as I walk to the park. I look up the sky, it's a full moon with lots of stars around it.  The wind is blowing hard, I'm glad I had my hair tied upwards because if not, the wind will just undo my hair and it'll be really annoying. It's so quiet and calm here in the park only the rustling of the leaves can be heard, there is no one here. At a time like this, people are usually in their houses eating dinner or doing their assigned works, or maybe others are having a party. Who knows.

 

I've decided to settle myself in one of the benches here, I start playing with my fingers as I wait for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello?

 

 

Your voice never changed.

 

Who are you?

 

I was a friend.

 

Huh?

 

Don't you recognize my voice?

 

Is it you....

 

It's me, your former best friend.

 

I don't remember having a best friend.

 

Then, can we get to know each other and become best friends? I'll meet you at the park tomorrow at 8pm. I would really want to be friends with you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I called her and she recognized that it was me on the other line, her sweet voice changed in a sour one. I can't blame her, even if it has already been 8 years, the wound I gave her will always remain a wound. I left a scar in her heart; I don't know how to remove it. I asked her to meet me here and I'm not really sure if she'll come but I do hope she will because I'm here to ask forgiveness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tick, tock, tick...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Its 10pm already, is she coming or not?

 

 

 

My hope of her coming begins to waver. I cross my fingers and keep chanting that, "She'll come. She'll come. She'll come."

 

After another half hour, I decide to stand up from my seat. I walk back and forth in front of the bench with my fingers still crossed and kept on chanting.

 

I feel so fidgety.

 

I stop. I decide to pull out my cell phone from my jacket's pocket and dial her number.

 

As soon as I've heard the ringing of the other line, another sound plays somewhere near me.

 

 

[For better imagination, please play: One friend by Dan Seals]

 

 

I always thought you were the best

I guess I always will

I always thought that we were blessed

And I feel that way still

Sometimes we took the hard road

But we always saw it through

 

I start searching the place, I know that song. It was our favorite song, it was our graduation song in elementary!

 

If I had only one friend left

 

I'd want it to be you

 

Sometimes the world was on our side

Sometimes it wasn't fair

Sometimes it gav---

 

 

"Oh no!" the music stops but after that I heard a panicky voice that came from one of the bushes near at my left side. I turn my head to that direction and from the moon's reflection; I see her standing near a tree with a troubled face while she is holding her phone.

 

"H-hi!" she said stammering and embarrassed.

 

Sometimes it gave a helping hand

 

Sometimes we didn't care

 

'Cause when we were together

It made the dream come true

 

If I had only one friend left

I'd want it to be you

 

Someone who understands me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I run towards her, jump to her and hug her tightly. We both fell on the floor, crying.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" I keep on saying while my crying face is buried on her chest. I felt her touch on my back and her hug tightens.

 

"Do you even know how hard it was to decide whether to go to that bench and talk to you or just go back home? I was already here when you arrived and for the last 3hrs, I've been hesitating to show myself to you!" she's shouting to the top of her lungs, I don't know what emotions she has because I am too filled with my own feelings to even recognize other's.

 

"I'm sorry for being so mean to you way back then. I was just afraid to be bullied too. I'm sorry for being selfish and leaving you all alone. I'm really sorry, I had been such a kid."

 

"Sssh. We were only 12 back then, so it's acceptable. It's more likely to think of ourselves when were kids but I guess that we're not kids anymore, you're not like that from the past anymore right?" she pulls me away from her and holds me in my face looking directly in my eyes filled with tears like hers.

 

"Yes, I still am. I still think of myself and I'm still selfish but I will never commit the same mistake again. I never succeeded in finding someone like you..."

 

 

And knows me inside out

 

Helps keep me together

And believes without a doubt,

That I could move a mountain

Someone to tell it to

 

If I had only one friend left

I'd want it to be you

 

Someone

And knows me inside out

Helps keep me together

And believes without a doubt,

That I could move a mountain

Someone to tell it to

 

 

 

 

"Can we both stop searching? It's more than impossible to find our replicates." she smiles at me. A smile that brings all hope in my heart.

 

"Am I forgiven?"

 

"Long ago. I've only been waiting for you to call me but you never did and I'm glad yesterday night, you've finally decided to patch things up. I miss hugging you like this; I miss you, my best friend."

 

 

We hug each other again, stayed down there in the bushes crying while the moon becomes the witness of our mending friendship.

 

 

 

If I had only one friend left

 

I'd want it to be you

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even if it was that late, we decided to enjoy the night to a 24/7  karaoke bar and sung our hearts out in the karaoke. We enjoyed it so much that we almost forgot the time. We decided to walk home together at around 1.17am. Since her house is nearer than mine, I am the one to accompany her to her house and walk back home alone.

 

"Are you sure you can go back home alone? Don't you think it'll be too dangerous?" she says as she opens the gate of her house, "If you want you can stay here or I'll ask dad to give you a ride back home."

 

"That'll be great but I think I'll just walk back home alone. Thanks anyway." I refused.

 

"Well then, I'll be heading. Goodnight and Bye."

 

"Goodnight to you too." she closes the door, turns her back and starts walking to her house but before she could reach the door of their house, I stop her, "Wait!"

 

She turns to me, "Yes?"

 

I pull out a folded paper and a small pen from my jean's pocket, "Can you sign this?"

 

She walks back to the gate and opens it, "What is it?"

 

I unfolded the paper to the part of her name and show it to her, "I need your signature."

 

"For what?"

 

"I'm collecting signatures."

 

"For what?" she repeats her question while she starts signing it. "Here."

 

"Thank you. It's a secret, you'll know in the near future." :3

 

"Oh! A secret, huh? I'll be looking forward to it. Well then, goodnight again! See you!"

 

"Bye bye!" she returns to her house, closes the door and I start walking back to my house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh! A secret, huh? I'll be looking forward to it. Well then, goodnight again! See you!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't know when we would see each other again. As of now, bye bye. I take a look to the contract, folded it and put it back inside my jean's pocket.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

Who is Dara's bestfriend?

 

 

 

 

 

 

PROPERTY OF: http://haveyouseenthisgirl.yolasite.com