Sixth and Seventh Signature

10 Signatures To Bargain With God

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/HaveYouSeenThisGirL - written by HaveYouSeenThisGirL

 

 

Sixth and Seventh Signatures

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay, enjoy your day. Bye Dami!"

 

"Bye mom, bye Dara unnie!" my little sister waves her hand and turns immediately to go to her classroom to play with her classmates.

 

After mom and I had accompanied Dami to her school, we went to the hospital to have my check up. I don't really want to go but mom's very insistent.

 

"I really recommend confining her here in the hospital. It'll be much better, atleast we'll be able to control her conditions."

 

"I don't want to! I'll never lock myself in this building!" I detest it when they try pursuing me to jail me here. I don't want to stay in the hospital no matter how sick I feel. I don't want to die helpless in one of those white rooms that are pathetic!

 

"Dara," I felt mom's hands cupped mine, "Can you give it a second thought?"

 

"Yeah, give it a second thought. Your condition has gotten worse than before and if we don't get to control it regularly, who knows what will happen?"

 

"Exactly," I retorted, "No one knows what will happen so you guys don’t have the slightest right to decide for me. And you said it yourselves that I won't last long, that I have a near deadline already so tell me, what's the sense of a hospital? Are you guys sure that you want to prolong my life or prolong your money?!"

 

I stood up and barged out of the room as I heard mom excusing herself to the doctor and follows me after.

 

"That was very rude of you, Dara." mom starts to scold me as soon as we get in the car, "Why did y---"

 

"Mom," I can't take it anymore, I lay my head on her shoulder and started crying, "Why too early?"

 

I might be trying to act tough and kept on saying that dying is normal that I have nothing to freak out. Even if I'm trying to act normal, even if I'm trying to boost myself up, even if I seem to have accepted everything... Deep inside me, there's a part that's collapsing one by one.

 

"I hate myself right now, after all the efforts of showing you guys that I'm fine, that there's nothing to worry about here I am crying like some stupid desperate person. I was full of hope but all of a sudden, I felt an unexplainable loneliness and all my hopes seem to be out of reach now."

 

"Every strong person has their time of defeat and you Dara, you are a strong person who is in your time of defeat. Learn to accept that not every time you can feel so strong, there will always be those times that you'll feel like giving up but hey, everyone has their own moments of giving up so you shouldn’t depress yourself like that. I, myself, felt like giving up for a lot of times. Since the day I knew your illness, I never stopped from crying and you know that, you have witnessed how many tears I have shed for you. But you know what's the reason why I can still make it through the day? Do you know who can still make me smile even after all those tears? It's the same person who made me cry, its you. You are my inspiration; you are the reason why I can still make it through the day no matter how much sadness I'm feeling. You know why? It's because I never saw you cry for your condition, it was always me who cry for you and to be honest, I feel kind of glad to see you finally cry because it was always you to comfort me and now it's my turn to comfort you. You can always cry whenever you feel, Dara. I'm here for you, I'll try my best to be a great mom."

 

"No one is strong alone, everyone has their moment of falling and there will always be someone to stand you up. Don't be afraid to feel such emotions, you are not alone."

 

I listened to each and every word she said and I felt like crying harder than before, "I don't feel like going yet. I'm not yet ready."

 

"No one is, but you can always ask God to extend your time even for a little. Just try asking, He'll listen."

 

I just closed my eyes and cried nonstop. No matter how I try to stop the tears from falling, they just keep on flowing.

 

Oh God, please don't take me yet. Just a little more time, I beg you.

 

After that small talk with mom in the car, we decided not to waste time on dramas and we head to the mall for some shopping slash bonding time. It has been a long time since I last went shopping with mom; I usually hang out with my friends so I don't really have much of that so called family bonding.

 

We ate lunch at a fancy restaurant inside the mall, checked on the shoes and bags at some favorite boutique shops, did some groceries and most of all, we bought some maternal stuff.

 

"Which crib do you think is the cutest?" she's asking me between identical cribs that are only differentiated with their colors, blue and red. I chose the blue one since it's my favorite color. We just asked the shop to have the stuff we bought delivered to our house.

 

We roam around the shop for a little bit more and as we walk around, a pair of socks caught my attention. I pull my mom to the part of the baby socks, "Mom, can I pick her first pair of socks?"

 

"Sure, go ahead."

 

I rummage at the pile of socks, I feel so giddy with all these tiny socks. They're tinier than my palm and that'll be the length of my future baby sister's feet. How cute! After some time, I decided to get the simplest white socks for my future baby sister, "Mom, I want that this pair of socks will be the first pair she'll wear. It will be sort of a remembrance from me to her so I hope

she'll keep it even after she grows up. I want her to know that she has a big sister besides Chill that gave her these socks," I hand it to her and decided to pick out a piece of paper and also a pen in my pocket, "And mom... can you please sign this?"

 

"What is this?" she was about to unfold it but I stopped her.

"Mom, please just sign it without looking." I pleaded and with that, she agreed to sign it without arguments.

 

After she signed it and gave it back to me, we are about to go to the cashier when she suddenly grabbed me by the arm as she held her tummy with her other hand, "Wait D-Dara... A-aaah!!!"

 

"M-mom? What's going on?" I start to panic as I realize that maybe she's about to deliver the baby.

 

"Dara, b-bring me to the nearest hospital! Quick!"

 

I was right, it's time already. I hurriedly ask help to the staff of the store department and they kindly lend us a hand to bring mom to the nearest hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" my dad who's beside me asked as we watch my baby sister from the window glass. She's just some hours old, she's so little and so fragile. She's like an angel on a heavenly slumber.

 

"Yeah," I replied still enchanted with my sister's sleeping face.

 

I got distracted when I heard my father chuckled, "What is it dad?"

 

"Nothing, I just remembered the day you were born."

 

"I just got home from work when your mom felt that you're about to get out of her tummy so I had had to drive her in rush to the hospital. It was crazy," dad narrates with full nostalgia, as if he has the past rolling in front of him. Dad has this smile on his face that I don't usually see because my dad is a serious and a busy man who always has his face either covered with a newspaper or some sort of documents, "Funny thing is, I was really in need of the comfort room that time. I have eaten something rotten I think, it was also an emergency case for my tummy that time. But it was a tragedy for me because I badly needed to take it out from my tummy and so does your mom that needed to take you out from hers. But of course, I managed to bring her on the hospital safe and sound and have taken care of my own tummy afterwards. But the thing I have not managed is seeing you getting out of her and hearing your mom screaming and when it was done and I heard your cry, I actually felt a great relief and collapsed then and there. The next thing I know, I was laying on the bed next to your mom's and I had the most beautiful scene in front of me, your mom holding you with so much care in her arms with a smile on her face. It was the craziest and at the same time, happiest moment of my life. That was the day I finally became a dad."

 

I don't really hug my dad and he doesn't as well, but sometimes embarrassment goes second when the love you feel is stronger. Who knows if this would be the last time but I would surely miss this tall man who always work hard to buy us our morning cereals.

 

And if mom owns the 6th signature, dad has the 7th.

 

"I could have named her Hope or Miracle since she's the life that would substitute mine."

 

"Then why did you decide to name her Happy?"

 

"Because I know my baby sister will bring happiness to everyone after the sorrow I will bring to all of you after my death."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As someone goes and leave, another comes. That's why there are two types of doors in this world, the one for the "entrance" and the other for the "exit".

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------

3 more signatures!

 

 

PROPERTY OF: http://haveyouseenthisgirl.yolasite.com