Ninth and Tenth Signature

10 Signatures To Bargain With God

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/HaveYouSeenThisGirL - written by HaveYouSeenThisGirL

 

 

 

Ninth and Tenth Signature

 

 

 

 

Feels like I'm about to detach myself from this world.

 

It's past midnight and lights must be turned off already. I should be sleeping at this moment of time but I just can't sleep, there's too much silence that I can't concentrate on sleeping. And another thing, once I close my eyes thoughts start to cloud my head and it's very irritating for me. My thoughts won't just leave me alone.

 

I want to escape.

 

I want to find the 9th signature owner already so I'll be done with this contract since the 10th signature owner is not very hard for me to find.

 

"Before everything else," I reach my phone on my side table and I turn on the lights of my room.

 

I comb my hair with my fingers as I turn on the camera of my phone and switch it to video mode.

 

"Okay, its ready," I say as I hold the phone to me and brush some loose strands of hair away from my face and place it to the back of my ear, "H-hi!"

 

I laugh afterwards for stuttering while saying a simple greeting; it's as if I'm on the center of a stage with a big crowd when reality is I'm just alone here talking with my phone and no one sees me. I feel nervous nonetheless.

 

"Uhmm... My name is Sandara Park. My existence is caused by Hyun Suk & Eunjoo Park, my beloved parents. I am debtful to them because they have been good parents to me and they took good care of me from the very beginning, since the day I was born. I never felt unloved in all of my years of existence because of them; they made me feel that no matter how drastic life would be for me there will still be someone like them to hug me and show me that I will never be alone with every battle I'll make with life. Then I am blessed with two, I mean three siblings,” I suddenly remember the new born baby, "Seunghyun is 2years younger than me, he's not actually my biological brother but nevertheless I love him as if we have the same blood running in us. I never and would never look at him as if he's an outcast of the family just because he's adopted so I wish he'd stop treating his self as if he's not a part of the family. I wish he won't feel lonely anymore, I know it's hard for him to have not met his real parents but I hope that someday he'll realize that we're here always for him and we DO love him. So Seunghyun if chances will lead you to this video, listen to me... please don't be hard on yourself? No one is pushing you away so stay with us, stay with the family and stop rebelling."

 

"To my 6 years old little sister Durami Park, hi there Dami! I don't know what age you'll have when you'll actually understand this video but no matter what, please remember that Unnie loves you more than your teddy bears can love you okay? Oh yeah, I'm about to head to the far far away land Dami so please take care of my clothes, my accessories, my make ups, my shoes, my bags and all my things. I'll be leaving them to you and you can have them all so take good care of them. And also, take good care of our baby sister Happy. You're now the "Unnie", the bigger sister. You're responsible to teach her how to dress properly; to brush her hair and tie it up like I always do to your hair and you must teach her how to tie her shoelaces as well, okay? I wish I could be there to see you both grow into lovely ladies and have your handsome boyfriends escorting you to proms and such," I wipe a tear that escaped from my eye and continue, "Speaking of handsome boyfriend..."

 

I try to smile and force out an energetic tone, "Hey you boyfriend of mine! I'm pretty right? No, I'm beautiful. I believe I am because you said so yourself. No matter how pale, thin and frail looking I am now because of my illness still you continue to tell me I've grown much more beautiful. Thank you, thank you for showing me that I've loved and chosen the right person. I really wish I can marry you and have kids but let's move on, that won't happen to me but that might happen to you to another someone so search for the right girl. I love you."

 

With tears falling down from my eyes, I place the phone near my face and kissed the camera then move it away again so I'll be able to capture my now ugly crying face, "For those I love and for those who love me and will continue to love me even if I'm gone, thank you and take care of yourself guys. I might have lived short but I am grateful I've not wasted a second of it. I will miss you guys, I love you."

 

I stop the recording of the camera and save it to a specific video folder then left it on my bed as I put my jacket and slippers on. I've already planned to escape the hospital through my room's window with my bed sheet and blanket tied up together, I'm not really on a high floor actually I'm just on the second floor so my bed sheet and blanket are long enough for me to the touch the ground safely.

 

Where am I going?

To where my feet drag me, to a place called somewhere.

Actually my plan is to find the 9th signature owner before my body betrays me, I don't really feel strong enough to walk properly anymore. I just ask for the help of the walls to support me from walking or rather staggering.

 

I know it's hard for me to see people in a time like this, it's already dark and people are already sleeping but a place called 7eleven caught my eyes then a smile forms into my lips. A convenient store open 24 hours, just the right place for me to find the 9th signature owner.

 

Must be wondering who the owner is of the 9th signature? Well, the space is actually reserved for a "stranger", yes the owner is a stranger... a someone or anyone. I don't know why but I guess I want to meet someone I've never met before dying and bargain my memory with him or her as well with God.

 

As I enter the convenient store the security guard looks at me in a weird doubtful way, maybe he's wondering why I'm on slippers. I just ignore him and continue to walk and went to the cashier girl to buy my favorite chocolate Hershey bar, luckily I have some money with me in my jacket's pocket. I am not allowed to eat chocolates but who cares; I badly want to eat it even for the last time.

 

After buying my chocolate bar, I went to eat my chocolate on the same table where a guy eats a burger at a time like this and has a coke in can on the table. He looks at me as if questioning me why of all the vacant tables there are in the store am I sharing on the same table.

 

"Hi," I smile at him after taking a bite of my chocolate bar.

 

"Uhh... hello," he says awkwardly. He looks like the type who doesn't trust strangers.

"Don't be afraid of me, I'm not someone who has an attention to steal something from you or to do you bad things so relax and talk with me. Look, I'm so frail looking because I'm sick and I just escaped from the hospital. I just badly want to talk to someone so I hope you wouldn't mind..."

 

He observes me for a while and nods afterwards, "Okay, we can talk but that's all."

 

"Thank you," I smile at him and start a conversation. He told me his name is Jaejoong, he's a college student. I asked him why he's eating in a convenient store at a time like this and he replied that he just finished from his part time job which happens to be in a host club. I was a little bit taken aback when I heard that but it didn't matter anyway for me because so what if that is his job, right? He told me he needs money to continue his studies because he has no parents anymore to support him.  He's really nice because he open up his self to me even at first he was very doubtful of me. I learned a lot of things about him and vice versa. We enjoyed chatting with each other and he's sorry that I am dying but I told him that there's nothing to be sorry about.

 

I ask him to sign the contract since I've already told him about it. He liked the idea and he told me that maybe when he's about to die too he might do the same thing because maybe it might actually work but then he took back what he said and told me that it won't work for him because he knows heaven is not his destination for heaven doesn't accept people like him who works for club to entertain people with body.

 

I pat him on his shoulder and said, "For the first meeting, I have to tell you that I don't see you as a bad person. You still have a long life so chances for you are still big so don't lose hope."

 

"Yeah, maybe." he scratches the back of his head unconvinced with what I said, "So who owns the last signature?"

 

Before I could even say it, I heard a shout and a random guy with the face covered and a gun in hand barges in that causes fear to all of us in the convenient store. The shout came from the cashier girl who saw how the random guy hit the security guard that got him out of commission.

 

"Shut your mouths or you'll die!" he shouts and threatens us, there is only me, Jae, the unconscious guard, and the cashier girl there. The random guy looks at me and Jae and orders us, "Come close here or I'll shoot you both!"

 

We follow him and went near the cashier then he points the gun to us, "Give me all your moneys! And you take out all what’s there in the cashier! Quick or I'll blast your head!"

 

"Aren't you being too harsh with your words?"

 

"Dara, no..." Jason tries to stop me when I step forward to the random guy but I ignore him.

 

"Step back, don't come near me or I'll shoot you."

 

"Shoot me," I said as I step near him, "Go ahead. I am not afraid to die, I'm going to die anyway from my illness so what fear should I have if you shoot me?"

 

He got startled and to me, he seems to have more fear with him than with us, "You don't really want to do this, don't you?"

 

"This, maybe, is your first time to hold up a store?" I smile at him, "You don't seem to be a bad guy."

 

"What the f*** are you saying! Shut up! Shut up! I'll shoot you I swear!" he said with hands trembling.

 

I reach him and hold the upper part of the gun, "Don't do this, you will only ruin not only the lives of the people here but also your life."

 

"How should you know? I'm not ruining my life here, I'm saving a life so give me your money and I'll scram right away and we're all good with that!" he shouts at me terrified and angry.

 

"What do you need the money for?"

 

"The heck you care!!! SHUT UP! Please shut up!" he looks like he wants to shoot me but he doesn't have the guts because surely he doesn't have any intention to kill anyone, he just needs the money.

 

"Calm down, shhh." I want him to stop this, "Tell me why you need the money; I might be able to help you..."

 

He then out of frustration tells me something, "My mom... my mom, she needs to have her heart operated but... but the f** king doctors are asking me an amount I don't know where to get! Do you get me?! So just give me the damn money and let's get this thing done before a cop comes!"

 

He looks desperate, I knew it he needs the money for a reason... it's for his mom.

 

"But you could not be as unfair as you can be, don't take away the money of others for your own reasons. What if the cashier girl," I point to the girl in the cashier who is shivering in fear, "What if she also has financial problems and if you take all the money in the cashier she might lose her job or she won't have enough salary in the end of the month?"

 

"And you see this guy," I point to Jae, "He's here because he's eating his dinner. Apparently he just finished his part time job in a host club. He works at night and goes to school at day. He works for his tuition and here you go stealing what he just earned for this night? Don't you think you're being unfair? We all have financial problems but this is not the solution for it, I assure you that this is not a solution so please give up the gun and stop this."

 

"NO! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY! NO! I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN! SHUT UP PLEASE, SHUT UP!"

 

"Your mom will not be happy to hear you robbing a store in order to get money,"

 

"SHUT UP!!! I'LL SHOOT YOU IF YOU DONT SHUT YOUR MOUTH! SHUT UP PLEASE SHUT UP!"

 

"Your mom will never be happy... she wouldn't want her son to end up as a criminal... don't do this..."

 

"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP!!!"

 

 

And that's it, a loud bang echoed in the store and I felt something that hit against my tummy.

 

"No, no! What have I done!" the gun fell from his hands as I fell on the ground, I can still hear him cry as he regrets pulling the trigger, "I told you to shut up... you didn't listen. No, what have I done... what have I done..."

 

He repeats those words with sobs accompanying it.

 

"Dara, Dara!" I hear Jason calling for me repeatedly but its seems like the volume is decreasing and I'm hearing his call vaguely. I can feel blood in my hands as I hold my tummy, I should feel pain but instead I feel nothing...

 

Before it’s too late, I take out the contract and as well as the pen from my pocket and with shaking hands I try to sign it, the contract is already smeared by my blood but I don't mind. I have to sign the 10th signature because my visions are starting to blur and I'm already vomiting blood.

 

Yes, I am the 10th signature owner of my own contract. I want to bargain myself with God, I don't want to forget what I have been in this world when I was still living. Practically, I am bargaining everything to God and I don't even know if He'll agree with this but they say there's no harm in trying.

 

I don't even know what awaits me after dying...

I don't even know if He's true... or He does exist...

I created a contract not knowing if there's really heaven or somewhere to go to after a person die.

Or even if there is, I am not even sure if I'm going to heaven or to the other place...

 

I am not sure what awaits me and funny thing is, I thought I'm going to die because of my illness but who could've thought that I'll die this way? We all expected that my illness will be the one to take me away from this world but it's not.

 

Nothing in this world is so sure so is that the same with the next world? Uncertain.

  

Not even done signing, my head spins and I fell on the contract as my vision turns black. Is this the end? Goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

Finish!

 

PROPERTY OF: http://haveyouseenthisgirl.yolasite.com