Second Signature

10 Signatures To Bargain With God

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/HaveYouSeenThisGirL - written by HaveYouSeenThisGirL

 

 

Second Signature

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So how was it, baby?"

 

"Know what, a normal human will find this bargaining sad and desperate but for me, I find it riveting." then I smile at him, "Baby, I'm crazy am I not?"

 

He pinches my nose, "Sometimes I want to believe that my dad was joking about your findings."

 

"Hey, hey. What if he's really joking?"

 

"Yeah, right." we both laugh at a very stupid conversation.

 

We're seated on a hammock in our backyard. I told him about the first signature and he kept on asking me who're the others but I kept his curiosity intact.

 

"So, will I be able to sign that contract too?"

 

"Hmm," my tone is insinuating, "Sorry to say but there weren’t any space anymore."

 

 The usual sensitive him wears the universal scowl and I then burst out laughing as I pat his arm, "I'm just kidding!"

 

"Why you!" I run away from him as he tries to tickle me. We run around in circle like crazy.

 

"Dara!" we only stopped when mom saw us, "You shouldn't be running like that!"

 

She gets a face towel and starts wiping my sweat like I'm some 5year old kiddo.

 

"Mom!" I said kind of abashed, "Stop it, a little sweat won't kill."

 

"Fine! Go sweat but don’t die!"

 

Mom stomps in the house and left us. I face my boyfriend and whisper to his ear, "Baby, help me escape on the night of the reunion party. I want to go, mom won't let me."

 

I am talking about our school's reunion party; there'll be a reunion party tomorrow to meet our old high school friends which happen to be my college friends as well though I did not really have the chance to finish college because of my sickness. No one in my former class knows about why I suddenly left school even my teachers don't have any idea; I gave them no clue and did not contact them anymore. I was stuck in the hospital and did not have any chance to see them anymore; I did not allow visits since I don’t want anyone to know about this monster inside me. I miss them, I miss my friends, and I miss my teachers. I miss going to the place I once hated to go, I miss going to school.

 

They all graduated without me and now there's a reunion party. For the last time, I want to see them and set foot in my beloved alma mater.

 

"Sure babe, I'll take you with me tomorrow night."

 

My boyfriend's also going there since he's also my classmate. We went to the same school since elementary. Yes, we've been together for that long. Aren't we that inextricable?

 

"I love you, baby." I'm thankful to God for giving me a beguiling boyfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I gasped, heaved and vomit again.

 

"Are you sure, you can do it?" my boyfriend asked me in such worried face.

 

"Maybe?" I smiled weakly, "No, not maybe --- I can do it. Let's go."

 

He looks distracted, "If anything happens to you, I'm going to kill you. Seriously speaking here."

 

"Haha, is that suppose to threaten me? Come on; let's go now before mom notices us." as for the plan of sneaking out, we're going to use my bedroom window to escape. My room's on the second floor but it's not that high so we tied & knotted 3 long blankets together to get us some good slide down escape from my room. I'm surely going to be scolded after this but who cares, getting scolded is something that drifts away fast from our minds but the regrets will be hard to remove.

 

I prefer to be scolded than to feel regrets in my heart.

 

"I feel so anxious." I said as I hold on to my boyfriend when we entered the school.

 

I feel like trembling, setting foot again here gives me nostalgia. The school, even small, seems so big to me. There are too many lights, too many people I can't recognize.

 

"Baby, we're back." he gave me a reassuring smile, "Our second home."

 

Lots of things changed, my favorite bench isn't there anymore. The trashcans were not on their proper places anymore. The buildings got painted. The old offices are now classrooms. Where are the comfort rooms? They are on the other side of the school now? Who are these guards, I don't know them. The teachers? A lot of them changed. Since when did our school have a statue there?

 

Almost everything changed. Time passed by that fast and left me without even a word.

 

"Hey!" someone suddenly approached us, "You guys! It’s you right? Wow. It's been a long time. You guys are still together? This is so cool!"

 

Then one by one as we come near to the center part of the event, I am able to recognize people that were approaching us --- my former classmates.

 

"Oh gosh, it's really you! You just dropped out of the school without a word!"

 

"Hey, I missed you girl! What happened?"

 

"Hey, I thought you were abducted by the aliens! You just disappeared one day and we didn’t have any news about you after!"

 

"This is so good to be true, girl you don't know how much I missed you! I cried when you did not show yourself anymore! I was worried!"

 

"Back then, everyone in the class was asking the teachers and even the principal about you! We wanted to know what happened to you but no one knew. That was so sad!"

 

 

"Hey hey guys, calm down." I smiled at them, they were like in chaos shooting words to me that I myself can't even comprehend anymore, "I'm sorry about my sudden disappearance. I kind of left school for some private reasons and hope you guys would understand. I can't tell you the reasons why but hey the reason doesn’t matter anymore. At least I'm back right? I missed you guys, instead of telling you something about me why don't you guys narrate something to me about those days?"

 

They recounted me everything of the old days they had. It seems so fun, I wish I was there with them at those times. I wish I was with them... I wish....

 

"Please excuse me guys, I have to go to the toilet" I left them on the table and my boyfriend accompanied me to the toilet as I vomit again. He doesn't mind if he's entering the girl's comfort room, he doesn't mind if people are staring at him. He's too worried about me to worry about himself.

 

"I think the night's over, baby. Let's head back home?" he suggested as he pats my back to lessen my vomiting pains.

 

I give up; I must admit that I'm already having trouble with breathing. I really should rest now, the night's over.

 

"Yeah. Just one more thing, accompany me to our former adviser. I need to give him something."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sajangnim," our former adviser in high school almost had a hard time recognizing who I was, "Can you please read this to the class later?"

 

I hand him a folded letter, "What's this?"

 

"Something important sir, it's a message from me to the class."

 

"Uhh, why in a letter?"

 

"I prefer writing it than saying it. This is a favor sir, last favor so I hope you wouldn't mind. And oh sir, please sign something," I take out the contract from my small bag and also a pen.

 

"Sign? Why?"

 

"I'm collecting signatures sir, some sort of memory collecting. Well, it's not like I can ask the whole class to sign it so as the representative sir please sign here." I showed him only the part where he should sign and the rest of the contract, I had it folded so he won't see what it's about.

 

"Well, if that's the case." he then signs on the contract and I waved him goodbye.

 

                                              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A letter to my teachers and to my classmates,

 

This is so ironic, I remember that once my English teacher asked the whole class to write an essay with a certain theme of "What I want to happen before dying", I kind of did not take it seriously. I just wrote there that I want to eat all the foods I want to eat before dying.

 

But I am now rewriting that essay; this is now the real essay. I want to tell you guys what I want to happen before dying.

 

I won't change my essay way back then, I still do want to eat all the foods I want to eat before dying but I would want to add some few things.

 

Before dying, I want to get married -- of course, to my ever-loving boyfriend. I am a hopeless romantic, you know that guys.

 

Before dying, I want to see my friends and have a nice chitchat with them. Playing back the nostalgias.

 

Before dying, I want to say sorry to everyone I have hurt. I want to make peace with my enemies. I want to be forgiven with my sins.

 

Before dying, I want to sing on a karaoke bar which I have never done in my life since I'm very shy with my singing talent.

 

Before dying, I want to go the cinema and watch a film together with my whole family.

 

 Before dying, I want to hug my brother and my sister and tell them to enjoy their lives and take care of themselves. And to tell my little brother to take care of my little sister as they grow up, to tell him to protect his little sister from bad guys who would want to break her heart.

 

Before dying, I want to buy a seed and to make a plant grow.

 

Before dying, I want to shout in the center of the city that I have lived life to the fullest.

 

Before dying, I want to pray to God and thank Him for everything.

 

Before dying...

 

I don't know what to add anymore, I have lots in mind. And a lot more to come maybe and if I enumerate everything, it'll take tomorrow to finish this essay.

 

Well, this letter is not really about me... it's actually about you guys.

 

 First of all, I would want to thank my teachers for everything. I want to thank you for annoying, boring me out, confusing me, giving me headaches with those lessons to study. I'll surely miss those times that I panic every time there's a surprise quiz. I'll also miss the times that I get a low grade and you guys scold me for not studying hard. Thanks teachers for your kind concern, I know you were only strict to us because you want us to have a better future. You teachers are one of the best types of people here in this world; you nourish us students to be a better person. You taught us not just something there is on the books but also what there is in life. You are my second parents, thank you second moms and dads. I love you; keep on giving a brighter future to your second sons and daughters.

 

Thank you also to my classmates, need I say more?  You are a mix of everything. A total chaos that I enjoyed the most. Sometimes we fight for some silly things like who did not clean on the cleaner's schedule, which was on the noisy list, who stole the ball pen, which’s such a teacher's pet, who did not give his share with the class fund. And who would forget the conspiracies we had during quizzes, exams and recitations? We are always a family rather than a class. There's the president who never gets tired of shouting & scolding the biggest jock of the class and taking every responsibility and protecting us from accusing teachers. There's also the secretary who never gets tired of writing everything in the board and rewriting it on his notebook. What about the treasurer? Who hold all the money and being responsible enough to take care of it. And the peace makers? Who aren't really peace makers rather they are the first ones to create commotions. The whole class is also my teacher; they taught me friendship and laughter. I will miss these guys. I love them. I love you my dear classmates, I swear if I'd be given another chance I won't escape from the cleaner's schedule anymore.

 

And I also want thank the janitors who cleans the whole school and the guards who won't let us go out in class hours. I did have the chance to talk to them and back then, they told me stories about their life or sometimes they just give me silly knock knock jokes. They're also a part of my life.

 

Everything in this school is everything to me.

 

 I lived half of my life here.

 

 I once hated waking up early, going to school, studying and burning midnight oils and waking up early again to go to school.

 

 I hated it and now, I want it all back. I want the old routine back.

 

 If only I knew how sick I would be in the future, I should have appreciated every moment back then.

 

 Yes, I left school because I got sick. And now, I'm dying. I don't really have much time with me anymore and maybe this is my last goodbye to everyone in my second home, with my second family.

 

 

 

Goodbye guys, I'll miss you.

 

- Dara

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I stepped out of the school, I left it.

 

"So you're now on the third signature?" my boyfriend asks me as we head back home.

 

"Yeah, do you want to know who's next?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------

Sorry for the late update!

 

 

 

PROPERTY OF: http://haveyouseenthisgirl.yolasite.com