Fourth and Fifth Signature

10 Signatures To Bargain With God

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/HaveYouSeenThisGirL - written by HaveYouSeenThisGirL

 

 

Fourth and Fifth Signature

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We're going to the zoo, aren't you excited?"

 

I put on her blouse as she jumps with full enthusiasm on my bed; she keeps on chanting 'Zoo! Zoo! Zoo!' Even it's hard to brush her hair as she jumps nonstop, I still managed to give her a neat ponytail with a small red ribbon. Her name's Durami but we call her Dami since it sounds cuter that way. She's my 6 yrs old little sister; she's clueless about my illness. She's too young to understand it.

 

"Aren't you guys done yet?" impatient as always, my little brother whose not so little anymore since he's already 18 appears on my room's door.

 

"Coming Seunghyun Oppa!" Dami jumps from the bed to run to his big brother and pulls him by the hand but before going she turns to me and orders me excitedly, "Sandara unnie, let's goooo!"

 

I laugh at her incredible enthusiasm, "Yeah, let's go."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm going to buy drinks," Seunghyun told me as we rest on one of the benches in the zoo after a long & tiring walk just to see different animals, I just nod to him and he went to buy our drinks at the nearest stall.

 

"Dara unnie, balloons!"

 

"Wait Dami!" I got alarmed when Dami suddenly ran away to go to the balloon vendor. I try to catch her up because I saw her tripped and she starts crying on the floor.

 

"Hey, are you ok?" as soon as I reached her, I stood her up and check her knees and elbows for bruises and found none, "You shouldn't ran like that all of a sudden, you got me worried."

 

She keeps on crying with her knuckles on her eyes, she must've been hurt from that fall. I try removing her hands away from her face and wipe her tears with my handkerchief, "Now, now, don't cry. Everything's going to be alright, the pain will be gone if you stop crying. C'mon Dami, ate Dara unnie's going to buy you some cotton candy and a balloon too."

 

She stops from crying and her smile widens, "Really? I want the blue one!"

 

"I'll buy you the balloon you prefer, c'mon," I pull her by the hand as we head to the balloon vendor.

 

The beauty of being a kid is when you fall to the ground and get yourself hurt, there would always be someone to pull you up and will tell you that everything's going to be alright and the pain will fade. And when you’re a kid, simple things like cotton candies and balloons can cheer you up already. Nothing's really better than being a simple minded kid.

 

Thing is, when I was little I never appreciated what beauty I was experiencing. I was always in a hurry to grow up. And now that I've grown up, how I wish to turn back. I've wasted my time reaching for the future, I know I'm somewhat regretting but I won't commit the same mistake again, I won't waste my remaining time looking back repenting for the lost. In life no matter what we did in the past or whatever's in store for us in the future in the end, what really counts is the present time --- which will make the past better and will identify our future.

 

"Dami," I pull out the folded contract in my pocket and also a pen, "Can you write your name here?"

 

"What is this, Unnie?" she asked as she examines the paper and I'm pretty sure that she doesn't understand it. She's still not good in reading and as well with writing that's why when she signed the contract, she has a very crooked handwriting but it really made me smile. Out of all the signatures I've collected, hers is the cutest.

 

"Thank you Unnie, remember when I told you that I'm going to a far away land?" she nods to tell me that she remembers, "Well, Unnie’s about to go and I want some remembrance from you."

 

"You're going already? If you want a remembrance, I'll give you my teddy."

 

I pat her head, "In the place I'm going, I can't bring anything with me and that means no teddies too."

 

"Well, you can’t bring that paper too?" she meant the contract she just signed.

 

"Ssh, I'll sneak it in with me."

 

"What about the teddy? Cant you sneak it in, too?"

 

"The paper's small so its not that visible but the teddy's big so its going to be too obvious."

 

After some time, Seunghyun went back with sodas in hand and a bucket of popcorns. We ate and rested for awhile and after that, we continue with this zoo tour.

 

We head back home at around 6 pm and Dami is surely tired as she got knocked out as soon as we got on the bus. Mom prepared us dinner but I brought Dami first to my room and lay her to my bed. I cover her with my blanket and watch her sleeping face, "When I leave, my room will be yours so take good care of it

okay? Always make sure that you tidy up your room, fold your blankets well every morning. And when you grow up, you can use my clothes. I hope we have the same fashion taste."

 

I remove my heart necklace that mom gave me when I was little; I've been wearing this necklace for more than 15years and now I'm giving it to Dami. I put it on her neck as she sleeps, I kiss her on the forehead and my tears start running down & dropping to her chubby cheeks, "Dara unnie loves you, remember that always Dami."

 

 

At dinner, we just told mom & dad how energetic Chill was and for exchange, they also told us how we were when we were kids every time they brought as to the zoo. A dinner full of nostalgias and soon, this dinner night will also be just nostalgia.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you, Seunghyun." I smile at him as we sit on the hammock of our house's backyard. He gives me the 'what-for' look, "I know going to a zoo with your sisters is not your thing."

 

Seunghyun, as far as I know him, is a rebel kid. I don't really know much about him because the day he turned 13, he became so distant. He used to be a cheerful person then he changed into someone who always wear a frown on his face, then there will be times that he'll go back home with wounds on his face and there was even a time wherein the police came to our house to arrest him for almost killing someone but luckily he got bailed out since he's still a minor. He also flunked school for about 2 times. I don\'t know what got into him, we question if it’s because of his peer or he's just undergoing adolescent hood’s rebel genes. Who knows, but Seunghyun going to be Seunghyun he's still sweet when it comes to us, his sisters.

 

"Yeah, the zoo was boring but that\'s the last time I\'ll be taking out my big sister out on a date, right?"

 

I cling to his arm and lay my head on his shoulder, "You're the sweetest brother. Please take care of your sisters, don't let them get hurt. When Dami grows up, I know she's going to be a beautiful girl and guys going to go crazy over her and then she'll fall in love but make sure to break the face of the guy who will break her heart."

 

Then I paused and laugh, "Nah, I'm just kidding. Don't break his face; I don't want you to hurt anybody anymore. Can you do this favor for me, Seunghyun... stop fighting and stop being a rebel?"

 

I did not receive a response, he just watch the starry sky in silence like there is something written on the sky then after a moment he speaks to me, "Okay, I'll stop rebelling but I won't stop fighting. You know what sis; fighting is not bad as long as you know that what you're fighting for is something that you know is worth it and right. And you are the best fighter I've ever known in my life, sis. You're stronger than me."

 

I saw a tear fell on his eyes but he wipes it in haste maybe because he doesn't want me to see him crying, he's embarrassed. He coughs to clear his voice that seems to croak anytime, "You're the strongest person I've ever met; you're fighting 'til the end. Since the day you knew about your sickness, I never saw you giving up not even for a second. If I were in your position, I might not be able to reach the point you've already reached. Death did not scare you, it's already in front of you but still you can smile. There's really nothing to do about it, huh?"

"Death, death, death. What's the big deal about it?" I smile to him, "Death nor any sickness can control your life, they would enter in your life but you should never succumb yourself to them. Hey Seunghyun, I'd like to ask you to sign something..."

 

I show him the contract but did not explain it to him even if he was questioning it. He did sign it even if he doesn't know what it was for. Then I asked him to take out his phone and to take a picture of us together, and once done he set the picture as his phone's wallpaper.

 

 "Our last picture together eh, Dara noona?"

 

"Yeah, promise me not to change your phone's wallpaper until you found the girl you're sure you'll love for the rest of your life. And every time you're thinking of hurting that girl, just look at that picture because every time you hurt a girl, you'll be hurting your sister too."

 

"I'll surely miss you, Dara noona." he hugs me as he cries like he used to when we we're little. People grow up but there will always be a part of us that will remain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------

Omo! Park Family!

 

 

PROPERTY OF: http://haveyouseenthisgirl.yolasite.com