Introduction

10 Signatures To Bargain With God

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/HaveYouSeenThisGirL - written by HaveYouSeenThisGirL

 

Introduction to the Contract

 

 

 

It's normal that people die, people leave. Yet the normality we can't accept. We often say to ourselves, "I want a normal life" but a lot of us doesn't even know what normal means in life. We're all abnormal in our way of thinking.

 

I am abnormal.

 

 

"What's on your mind?"

 

 

I switch back to reality when I heard his voice. I turn my head to his direction and give him a defeated smile, "I'm going to die, right?"

 

 

He twitches for a second then he pats my head, "It's normal."

 

 

What I like about him is he doesn't give me lies just to comfort me. What's the point of telling someone everything's gonna be alright if it's not, right? He comforts me honestly. The truth hurts but the lies are worse.

 

 

"Should I believe your father?" his father is the one who told me that I only have 2weeks or less to live, his father is my doctor.

 

"I don't know, my biological father is not a God. But our Father is." he points up with his forefinger. I know who he is talking about.

 

We're Catholics but the thing is, I am not such a good Catholic. I don't go to Sunday mass neither do I pray or genuflect when I pass by the church.

 

I don't have the Catholic attitude but I do believe that there is someone up there that owns us, my parents told me that when I was little. We call him God.

 

"If I believe in Him, it only means that I should also believe that these current events in my life are normal."

 

"Of course. Dying is normal."

 

 

I have not expected those words, dying is normal. He even said it abruptly.

 

I raise my feet and place it on the bench where we are sitting; I hug it tightly laying my head on my knees, without looking at him I said, "Are you telling me that I should accept everything? That I'm really dying?"

 

He places his hand around my shoulder and kisses the top of my head, "I did not say you'll have to accept it, what I'm saying is... do not be afraid of it."

 

 

Thoughts flushes in my mind crazily, I find it hard to comprehend with my own thoughts. I put down my feet then face my boyfriend and hug him tightly. I've decided something...

 

 

"Can I change my birthday to today's date?"

 

 

"Moses split the ocean into two so changing your birthday doesn't seem impossible. What are you planning, baby?"

 

I start crying and sobbing into his shirt, "I want to live, for the first time."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback…

 

"November 11, 2010 at 3.46pm, happy birthday!" After my boyfriend said that, I blew the candle of my cake. I'm celebrating my first birthday in his room, in his bed.  After the scene on the bench, he brought me to the nearest church and pleaded a priest to baptize me again while I was still crying. Though we did not ask the legal papers to be changed, with the baptism I already feel like new to the world.

 

"Can I give my present some other day?"

 

"Are you kidding me? There's no need for a present, you're more than enough." I suddenly pull him closer to me and snuggle him, because of that we fell on his bed. Fortunately the cake was placed in the small table before we fell so it was safe from being ruined.

 

 

He pulls away some strands of hair that was messily placed on my face and he places it on the back of my ear, "What did you wish for?"

 

 

"Memories."

 

 

"That's cool, am I part of it?"

  

"Of course, your signature is on my list."

 

 

"What signature? What list?" I can see how confused his face is, I don't know if I can explain this well to him but I'll try since I've decided of this already...

 

 

"Do you remember last summer's youth camp?"

 

 

He nods completely fixed in confusion.

 

 

"Do you remember what one of the Pastors said on the 4th night?"

 

 

This time he responds, "Uhh... yeah but I remember it vaguely. He was talking about something about the life in heaven or... ah, I don't remember at all."

 

 

"The Pastor said that when you die, only your soul comes back to heaven."

 

 

"Which means?"

 

 

"If it's only our souls it means we don't bring anything with us even memories..."

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

"The pastor also said that when our souls meet in heaven, we'll know each other on that moment but we would not remember what relations we had on Earth. We are promised to be filled with joys in Heaven and to fulfill that, we have to leave our memories here on Earth which are full of sufferings and sadness. The happy memories aren't even an exception; when you die you leave everything behind."

 

 

Silence proceeds.

 

 

I can hear the ticking of his wall clock. Tick, tick, tick. It has the same rhythm with my heartbeat.

 

 

"So you're dying, what's your plan now?"

 

 

"I would like to gain my birthday wish."

 

 

"Meaning?"

 

 

"I'll collect memories."

 

 

"You said that according to last summer's youth camp’s Pastor, when we die we only brings our souls with us, we leave everything behind even the memories. So...?"

 

 

"I'm not confident with this but I think... I'll bargain 10 important people with God."

 

 

"Huh? Bargain? What do you mean?"

 

 

"I'll collect 10 signatures and pass the contract to God when I meet Him."

 

 

"Signatures and a contract? Bargaining with God? What are you saying, I don't get you."

 

 

I close my eyes and pray, "I hope God does."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Current…

 

 

 

"And for the 10th signature..." I am in my room, in front of my study table writing the 10th signature owner on a piece of bond paper that I have claimed to call "The Contract". When I have finished writing the last name, I raise the paper and look at it for a minute and I let off a determined and hopeful smile.

 

 

I place the paper on the table and I stand up from my seat as I take out my phone from my pocket and started searching a name in my phonebook. When I've found it, I click the call button and it feels like my heartbeat is louder than the phone's rings.

 

 

Ring, ring, ring...

 

 

 

Someone picks it up after 5 or 6 rings. It has been a long time. I wonder if this person still remembers me...

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Your voice never changed."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

who do you want Dara's Boyfriend here?

Jiyong? Jaejoong? Donghae? TOP?

 

 

 

 

 

 

PROPERTY OF: http://haveyouseenthisgirl.yolasite.com