Chapter 8

Konoha Academy: A Naruto Fanfiction

 

“Hinata, come with me,” I said pulling Hinata away from Neji and TenTen.

“What is it Naruko?” she asked.

“Sasuke asked me out,” I blurted. I covered before she could scream. “And I need your help.”

“What do you need me to do?” she asked removing my hand.

“I need you and Naruto to double date with us.” Her face turned pale and she began to stutter. “Please, Hinata. I have no idea what to do during a date.”

“B-but I can’t,” she said as tears filled her eyes.

“Hinata,” I said grabbing her shoulders, “don’t you think it’s time to tell Naruto how you feel? I’ve only known him for a short time, and I know he wouldn’t hurt you. I’m sure he’ll agree to the date.”

“B-but Naruto likes Sakura.”

“Eh?” I said. “He likes that tramp?!”

“You didn’t know?” she asked confused. I felt a feeling of disgust wash over me. Naruto…likes Sakura? He has horrible taste in girls.

“Never mind,” I said still disgusted. “You’ve told me something I would have never wanted to know.”

“Sorry I couldn’t help you, but congratulations. You and Sasuke look great together,” she said smiling at me.

“Thanks Hinata,” I said pulling her into a hug. “You're a great friend.”

I let her go back to her friends and went to go find Naruto. We needed to have a serious talk. I found him in the cafeteria sitting with Kiba, Sasuke, and Lee. I took a seat across from Naruto and stared him down.

“Uh, is there something you want Naruko?” Naruto asked nervously.

“Naruto, I just heard some very disturbing information about you,” I said keeping my stare on him. “Is it true you like Sakura?”

“What? Where did you hear that from?” he asked blushing.

“Well, it’s no secret you like her,” Kiba said.

“It is pretty obvious,” Sasuke said.

“Naruto,” I said regaining his attention. “What about Sakura do you like?”

“Well, because she’s pretty,” he said sheepishly. I slammed my fist on the table, startling everyone.

“Is that it? So you don’t care for her personality, which is horrible by the way? Of all the girls, it had to be Sakura. Why not someone like Hinata, for instance? She’s pretty right?”

“Well, yeah, I guess,” he said blushing. Wait, hold up. What the hell was up with that blush?

“Hm,” I said thinking. “I see now. Well, I will see you guys later.” I stood up, throwing a quick smile at Sasuke.

**

[Sasuke]

“So, Naruto, are you going to tell her?” I asked him. Naruto was lying in his bed staring at the ceiling. He looked over at me and gave me a weak smile.

“Why should I? She would never like a guy like me,” he said. I sighed and slapped him upside the head.

“I shouldn't tell you this, but Hinata actually likes you,” I said. He sat up and looked at me shocked.

“She does?”

“Of course she does, you idiot. It’s pretty obvious.” But they were both pretty dimwitted, it’s no wonder neither knew the other liked them. “You're such an idiot, Naruto.”

“Shut up or I’ll tell Naruko on you,” he said childishly. “I know you're scared of her.”

“I am not scared of her,” I lied. I was actually was. That girl had superhuman strength, and I did not want to get hit by her again. “Well, I’m tired. So shut up.”

“But it’s only six o’clock!” Naruto said. I sighed and rolled over on my bed. “Why don’t we invite Hinata and Naruko out tonight? We could sneak out and go to the beach.”

“No thanks,” I said keeping my eyes close.

“You could see her in a bathing suit.” My eyes flew open as I imagined her in a bathing suit. She would no doubt look good in it.

“I guess I could go,” I finally said.

“I knew there was a ert in you, Sasuke. I’ll go tell the girls.” He walked from the room and I rolled over on my back. I couldn't keep the image of Naruko in a bikini out of my mind.