Chapter 1

Konoha Academy: A Naruto Fanfiction

 

I looked up at the tall building, anxiety settling in my stomach. I felt my face turn into a frown as I thought, once again, how I didn’t want to be here.

“Can I help you?” I turned to see a guard standing behind the gate. He had dark eyes and brown hair that covered one eye. He wore a standard security guard uniform and the name “Kamizuki” was on the uniform.

“I need to know where the main office is,” I said.

“Name?”

“Naruko Mitzuki.” He checked his clipboard, and then opened the gate.

“Welcome to Konoha Academy,” he said.

I rolled my eyes and hauled my luggage through the gate. The place was huge. The buildings seemed to disappear in the sky and the area seemed endless. It took nearly ten minutes to get to the doors. When I walked inside, I was instantly pulled into the huge crowd of students. I had to shove my way through, knocking down a few kids, but oh well. I was pushed out of the crowd in front of the office.

A woman with shoulder-length black hair, with a pig sleeping near her feet, was sitting at the front desk. She looked up from her typing and smiled at me. Her name tag read “Shizune.”

“May I help you?” she asked.

“Uh, yeah,” I said eyeing the pig, “I’m new here.”

“Ah, you must be Naruko.” She clicked away on her computer. “Now let’s see. You're in Dorm Room 30. I’ll call one of your roommates to show you the way and I’ll give you your schedule for tomorrow.” She stood and walked to the printer. She handed me my schedule then disappeared into another room.

I looked over my schedule:

1st period: Algebra 2, Mr. Hatake
2nd period: English, Ms. Yuhi
3rd period: P.E., Mr. Guy
4th period: History, Mr. Nara
Lunch
5th period: Chemistry, Mr. Sarutobi
6th period: Free Period

Shizune came back and took her seat.

“Sakura will be here in a little bit. Why don’t you take a seat?” she said. I obliged. Shizune kept her eyes on the computer, her whole attention on whatever it is she was doing. No one else was in here and the silence seemed to suffocate me.

The door banged open. A pink-haired girl walked in, her green eyes shining as she faced me. I felt myself lean back as she took my hands in hers.

“You must be Naruko! It’s so nice to finally meet you!” she said excitedly. I looked to Shizune for help, but she kept her eyes glued to the computer. “Come on! I’ll show you to our room.”

She took one of my bags and hurried me out the door. I could do nothing but let her drag me from the room. She chatted away happily, showing me this and that. I tuned her out. She was a little annoying, and her voice seemed to piss me off.

“Here we are!” she said. I looked to see her opening a door to a building. I looked around, wondering when we got here. “This is the girl’s dorm and we’re on the third floor. We have two other roommates, Ino and Hinata.”

We walked up three flights of stairs and stopped in front of the first door near the stairs. There were handmade face signs on the door.  She opened the door and dragged me in. There were four beds, two on opposite sides of the room. Two of the beds were occupied. There was a small girl with short, dark blue hair and strange purple-white eyes. The other girl had blue eyes and long blonde hair that was tied in a ponytail and a little covering the right side of her face.

“Is this the new girl?” the blonde-haired girl said. “I’m Ino.”

“And I’m Hinata,” the blue-haired girl said. “Welcome to Konoha Academy.”

“Thanks,” I said smiling. I like this girl. She seemed nice.

I already did not like Ino. Something about her screamed “,” and I could already tell we were going to have problems. Hinata seemed like a sweet girl, and Sakura was a little too chipper. There are way too many different personalities in this room.

A bell sounded from through the building. I looked to Sakura for an explanation.

“It’s time for the beginning of the year assembly,” she said.

I shrugged and followed the rest of the girls out. We walked in a crowd with the other girls from the dorms. We entered a cafeteria and took our seats. The boys were separately from the girls. I could see a blonde-haired, hyperactive boy chatting excitedly. The person beside him, a guy with black hair and an annoyed look, gave him a deadly glare.

“Oh my god, is that Sasuke over there?” I heard Ino whisper.

The other girls looked to where she pointed and squealed in that annoying girly way. Someone screamed his name and the black haired guy looked our way. We made eye contact, the guy looking at me with a look of pure hatred. I frowned and gave him the finger. I don’t know what this guys problem was, and I’d be damned if I let him take it out on me.

“Naruko! You don’t do that to Sasuke!” Sakura said glaring at me. Okay, ew. She was a fan girl.

“I could care less. That guy glared at me when I didn’t even do anything,” I said shrugging. Other girls around me also glared at me. I gave them the finger as well. Stupid fan girls.

The principle, a bust woman with long blonde hair, grabbed everyone’s attention. I tuned her out and retreated into my mind.

I thought of my foster parents, who were the ones to send me to this horrible place. Their exact words were, “We don’t want you here anymore. So we’re sending you away to where you came from. Don’t bother coming back.” I didn’t care, though. They were spending their own money to send me here, too.

“Naruko.” I blinked away the memory and stared up into Hinata’s purple eyes. “The assembly is over.”

I looked around the see everyone leaving. I didn’t miss the obvious glare from the girls. Was this Sasuke guy really that important? Or were these girls stupid? I think I’ll go with stupid.

“You're not mad at me for giving Sasuke the finger?” I asked Hinata.

“No, I don’t like Sasuke that way. I like someone else,” she said blushing. I raised an eyebrow at her, wondering why she was blushing. “How about we eat dinner together?”

“Sure,” I said standing up and stretching.

We walked out of the gym and toward the cafeteria. We passed by a couple of whispering girls who shot me dirty looks. I was really starting to hate this school.