Chapter 4

Konoha Academy: A Naruto Fanfiction

 

[Sasuke]

I watched as Naruko talked to the fan girls. I could tell she was holding in her anger by how stiff her back was. A part of me wanted to go up there and take away from those crazy girls, but that would only make things worse. Besides, why should I care? I only met the girl yesterday.

“Naruko!” Naruto yelled. Some girl was coming toward Naruko with a bucket of water. Naruko must not have heard since she didn’t bother to look up.

“Stay away from Sasuke!” the girl yelled throwing the water on her. Naruko looked up and the fan girls backed away in fear. I don’t know what it was she said, but the fan girls all turned and ran away. Naruko chased after them and pulled them to the ground.

By now, Naruto and I were already running after her. She threw the girl who threw cold water on her to the ground. She raised her fists as if to punch her, but Naruto and I pulled her away. The girl crawled away before finally running away.

“Naruko, calm down! Its only me,” Naruto said as she tried breaking away. She stopped and turned to look at us. The glare she gave us was frightening and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

“Let me go, or die,” she threatened. “I have to teach that girl a lesson!”

“No, you don’t! Now calm down, stupid!” I said tightening my hold. She stopped struggling. Me and Naruto looked at each other, wondering if we should let her go.

“I’m fine, you can let me go now,” she said. We finally let her go hesitantly.  “Hey, Sasuke. You just called me stupid again, didn’t you?”

“And?”

She turned swiftly and punched me in the stomach. I doubled over in agonizing pain. How the hell can she have such a powerful punch?!

“Ah, I feel much better,” she said smiling cheerfully. “Sorry about that, Sasuke. You were the perfect person take away my anger.”

“You…stupid girl…I’ll…kill you…” I said between gasps.

“You'll be fine,” she said waving me off. “Now, I should get out of these wet clothes before lunch is over.” She hurried away, leaving my suffering.

“You okay?” Naruto asked.

“Do I look okay, you idiot?!” I asked, the pain subsiding.

“Oh no! Sasuke’s hurt!” Oh hell no.

“Naruto, you have to get me out of here,” I said trying to stand.

“But I’m stupid remember?”

“Okay, fine you're not stupid. Now help me.”

“Apologize,” he said. “If you don’t, I’ll leave you here.”

“F-fine, I’m sorry for calling you stupid,” I said through clenched teeth.

“Good enough,” he said.

He helped me evade the fan girls by taking a short cut through near the gym. They ran right past us without even noticing. I gave a sigh of relief.

“How’s your stomach?” Naruto asked.

“Better, but it still hurts a little. When I see that idiot, I’m going to kill her!”

“Is that so?” Naruto asked giving me a goofy smile.

“What's with that smile?”

“I’ve never seen you like this with anyone else. You like he, don’t you?”

“W-what the hell? Why would I like a stupid girl like her?” I said looking away. There was no way I could like her!

“Whoa, is that a blush?” Naruto asked poking my cheeks.

“Damn it Naruto! I’ll kill you!” I said lunging for him. I missed punching him and he ran away.

“Good luck!” he yelled to me.

I slumped against the wall and put my hand over my face. Why the hell am I blushing for a stupid girl like her?

**

“You're late Ms. Mitzuki,” Mr. Sarutobi, my English teacher, said.

“Sorry, I had a little water trouble,” I said.

“Fine, take your seat,” he said.

I spotted Hinata in the back and made my way to the empty seat behind her. The only downside was that Ino and Sakura were beside her. They refused to look me in the eyes and buried their faces behind their books.

I put my chin on the desk and stared at Hinata’s back, retreating into one of my memories. I thought about the time some jerk tried to pick on me because of my pigtails.

**Flashback**

“Nice pigtails, you little runt!” he said pulling on my braids. I clenched the hem of my skirt, trying my hardest not to cry. “Wanna cry, huh you little baby?”

The kids around him pointed at me and laughed. Every day was the same old thing. I would get picked on, everyone would laugh, and no one would come to my rescue. The other kids from the orphanage were either too young, in different classes, or were older kids in a different school.

“Stupid!”

The kid pushed me into the desk and I fell to the floor. By now, the tears were already falling from my face. I don’t know what happened, but something in me snapped. The tears stopped as I stood from the ground.

“Oh look, she got up! What are you going to--” I slammed my fist into his face. I had my fists clenched as I stood over him.

“Shut the hell up,” I said with a scary look on my face. “Try this crap again, and I’ll kill you. And don’t call me stupid again. Got it?”

The kid was so scared, he pissed himself. When the teacher asked what had happened, he and the other kids refused to tell her anything. After that day, no one picked on me or the other kids from the orphanage.

**End Flashback**

I smiled as I replayed that memory. That one incident started my life as a troublemaker.

“Are you back?” I turned my head to see Mr. Sarutobi standing over me. I looked around the room to see the students watching with fear and pity. “Now, if you don’t mind, read the first chapter on page 11 out loud.”

“Uh, no thank you?” I asked nervously.

“It wasn’t an option!” he said.

I took out my book and turned to page 11. I tried reading it, and messed up every single word. I really hate English.