Chapter 6

Konoha Academy: A Naruto Fanfiction

 

“Okay class, today we’re playing dodge ball!” Mr. Guy said a little too enthusiastically. I sighed, already feeling annoyed. I usually liked P.E., but this guy is making me really hate it. “Now, pick your team and take your positions.” I walked over to where Kiba and some other guys were, not even bothering to team up with the girls.

“You guys mind if I join you?” I asked.

“Are you kidding? With you on our team, we’re sure to win,” Kiba said.

We took our positions, watching the balls lined up in the middle of the court. Some of the boys looked scared when they saw me. I smiled at them and that seemed to make them even more scared. Ah, how I loved to scare people.

“Start!” Mr. Guy yelled blowing his whistle.

I made a mad dash for the balls and grabbed two. I threw them at two guys. A ball was heading toward me and I caught it. Without missing a beat, I threw it at another guy. I risked looking at my team. They were holding strong, with only two players down. Those two being Shikamaru and Choji. I turned back to the game to see a ball flying toward me. I easily dodged it and looked at the person who threw it.

“I think you were aiming for my head,” I said to a terrified Sakura.

I smirked at her and picked up a ball that rolled to my feet. I used it to block another ball and hit the guy who threw it. There were only three people left on the opposing team and two on ours.

“I guess it’s only us,” Kiba said watching the other team.

“That’s good enough. I’m tired, so how about we make this quick?” I asked.

“Sounds good to me,” he said dodging a ball coming for him. I dodged a ball and picked up one, knocking a player out. Kiba and I picked up a ball and, at once, hit the last two players.

Kiba and I were pulled into a group hug by our team. Mr. Guy pulled me from the crowd and pulled me into a hug, crying his eyes out. Pissed, I grabbed his arm and flipped him on his back. He was unfazed as he got up.

I headed to the locker rooms to take a shower. Everyone was talking excitedly about the game. Well, everyone on my team was. I snickered at Sakura and disappeared into a shower cubicle. I took a quick shower so I wouldn’t be late for History. I wrapped the towel around me and walked to the changing room. I opened my locker and found only my backpack in there. All of my clothes were gone.

“How strange,” I said to myself. I looked at the rest of the girls, who refused to look at me. “Anyone seen what happened to my clothes?” no one said anything. “I asked if anyone’s seen what happened to my clothes.”

“Uh, Sakura and her friends took them,” one girl said.

“Typical,” I scoffed. “Well, I guess I have to show them how useless that was. They still don’t understand how their childish pranks had no affect on me.”

I tightened the towel around me and grabbed my backpack. I walked out of the locker room and into the gym. I could hear the audible gasps from the people there and kept walking. I walked outside into the warm weather. People moved out of my way as I took the route to the dorms.

“Naruko?! Where the hell are your clothes?!”

“Oh, hey Sasuke. I, uh, lost them. Yeah, that’s what happened,” I answered.

“Like hell you did,” he said pulling me toward the supply shed. He shrugged off his bag and pulled out his gym clothes. “Put these on.” I took them and went to change behind the volleyballs.

“I’ll wash them before I give them back,” I said after changing.

“They took your clothes, didn’t they?” he asked.

“Who else would do it?” I said sighing. I looked at Sasuke, who was sitting on the ground with a fierce look on his face. “There's no reason to be angry. It was just a childish prank.”

“That’s not why I’m angry,” he said.

“Then what is it?”

“Everyone saw you half-,” he mumbled. I raised an eyebrow and he looked away.

“Are you…jealous?” I asked. He flinched and put his hand over his face. I bent down to try and see if he was blushing again. “You're not blushing, are you?”

“Of course not, stupid!” he said.

“That’s not going to work. Now let me see your face,” I said. I did to him what I did to Hinata, continually pestering to see him blush. “Okay, fine.” I gave up and took a seat next to him.

He didn’t say anything as he kept his face hidden from my line of view. The bell for class had already rung and there was no way I was going now.

“You should go to class,” I said to him.

“Don’t feel like it,” he said. I shrugged and leaned my head back. I closed my eyes and retreated into my thoughts.

**

[Sasuke]

Damn it, why am I blushing again?! And why am I so pissed that other guys saw her half-? I must be going crazy. There's no way I should be having the feelings.

Something leaned on my arms and I turned to see Naruko fast asleep. She shifted and grabbed my arm. I sat there as still I could, afraid of waking her.

“No, that’s my cookie Sasuke,” she said. I smiled, wondering what kind of dream she was having exactly.

As if it had a mind of its own, my free hand reached out and her hair. It was as soft as it looked. And then it went to her cheeks, which were warm and soft. And then there were her lips. Soft and pick, and called for me to taste them. I lifted her face up as I brought mine down closer, my heart beating fast in my chest. We were only inches apart and I could feel her soft breathing.

“Yuki,” she breathed.

I froze as the name of another guy escaped from her lips. I pulled away. I stood up, waking her up in the process. She yawned and looked up at me with glazed eyes.

“I fell asleep,” she stated yawning again. I said nothing as I grabbed my bag and headed from the supply shed. “Are you okay?” I ignored her and could hear her hurrying after me. “What's wrong? Your mood changed again.” She attempted to grab my arm, but I pulled it away.

“Don’t touch me,” I said coldly. I couldn’t bring myself to look at her face afraid she might see the anger in hurt in my eyes.