Chapter 3

Konoha Academy: A Naruto Fanfiction

 

I opened my eyes and shielded it from the bright lights. I grabbed a pillow and buried my face into it. Who the hell opened the freaking blinds?

“Naruko, it’s time to get ready for class,” Hinata said shaking me gently. I groaned and emerged from my pillows. Everyone was already up and getting ready. Well, except me.

I dragged myself out of bed and dug through my dresser for some clothes. One good thing about this horrible school is the fact that we didn’t have to wear some stupid uniform. But of course, some people took it to the extreme.

Take Ino and Sakura for instance. She was wearing the low cut shirt that revealed way too much cleavage, an extra mini shirt, and high heels. Sakura was wearing a strapless, and short, dress and a pair of high heeled boots. Way to look like hookers Ino and Sakura.

“Ready?” Hinata asked me. She was wearing a flowering dress, that seemed to make her bust stand out, and sandals. She smiled down at me waiting for my answer.

“Ready,” I said tying my shoe. I was wearing an orange tank top with a pair of my favorite jeans. It wasn’t as fancy as what Ino and Sakura were wearing, but whatever.

Me and Hinata walked out of the room and were soon pulled into the crowd of girls. We soon parted ways and I begin to find my ways to Algebra 2. I roamed around for ten minutes before I found the room. There were only a few people, since class hasn’t started yet. I noticed Sasuke sitting at the back with his signature look.

“’Sup,” I said taking a seat next to him. “You're looking annoyed as usual. Run into any fan girls?”

“What do you think?” he grumbled. I guess that’s a yes, then. “Why are you sitting by me anyways?”

“And here I thought we were getting along great. And we even bonded over our dislike for the Sasuke Fan Club!” I said dramatically. I don’t know if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I could have sworn I saw him smile. Not smirk, but smile. “Dude, you just smiled!”

“No I didn’t,” he said frowning.

“Yes you did! Do it again,” I said feeling giddy.

“I already told you, I didn’t smile.”

“Uh, yeah you did. There's no point in denying it; I already saw.”

“What's up everyone?!” I turned from teasing Sasuke to see the hyperactive kid from yesterday. He stood in front of the room and smiled at everyone in the room, his blue eyes shining.

For some odd reason, there was something strangely familiar about him, and the fact that he kind of looked like me. What the hell?

“Yo, Sasuke!” he yelled making his way over. I heard Sasuke sigh in annoyance. He took a nearby chair and took a seat in front of Sasuke.

“Leave me alone, Naruto,” Sasuke said. I rested my head on my hands and watched them.

“Don’t be like that, man, and here I thought we were friends,” Naruto said.

“How many times do I have to tell you? We’re not friends. You’re annoying and I don’t like you. Now leave.” Ouch.

“I know you don’t mean that,” Naruto said slapping his back. I couldn’t hold my laugh. Sasuke looked as if he wanted to kill Naruto. You can pretty much feel his anger. “Hey, who’re you?”

“Naruko Mitzuki,” I said holding out my hand.

“Naruto Uzumaki,” he said gripping my hand. Just from his handshake, I could tell this kid worked out. His grip was pretty strong. “Are you Sasuke’s girlfriend?”

“Well, you know…” I said.

“No, she’s not!” Sasuke said angrily.

“I’m only kidding,” I said with a wave of my hand. “His fan club is angry with me at the moment.”

“Oh, you're that girl from yesterday! The one who gave him the finger,” Naruto said laughing. “Guess there are some girls who don’t fall for you, eh Sasuke?”

“You two are annoying, so shut up,” he said staring out the window.

He seemed to shiver and directed his attention to the front. Me and Naruto looked at each other, and then looked out the window. I began laughing as I saw a few of his fan girls holding up a sigh saying ‘I love you Sasuke!’ When they say me, they began shouting for what I believe were curse words. I began making faces at them and that seemed to make them angrier. Naruto joined in, too.

“Well, this looks like fun,” a voice said from behind us. Naruto stiffened. I looked back to see a white-haired man with a cloth over his mouth. He gave us a smile that sent shivers down my spine. “If you don’t mind, I’d like to start class now.”

Me and Naruto took our seats and faced the front. The guy, Mr. Hatake from my schedule, smiled again and made his way up front.

“Welcome to a new semester everyone,” he said. “First, we have a new student. Naruko, would you mind standing and introducing yourself?”

“My name is Naruko Mitzuki. Very nice to meet you,” I said dryly. I sat back down and kept a blank look on my face. I hated when people stared at me.

“I hope everyone will welcome her with open arms. Now, today’s lesson will be…”

**

The day went by painfully slow. I wanted nothing more than to crawl back in bed. Especially after P.E. I had this extra weird teacher, Mr. Guy. His definition of encourage us students to be “productive” and “live out our youth” was blowing a freaking whistle and bouncing around like a kid jacked up on candy. You wouldn’t believe how many times I wanted to hurl a basketball at his face.

Lunch rolled around and I followed the crowd of students to the cafeteria. I grabbed as much food as my tray could hold and went searching for a table. I found Hinata sitting with a couple of friends and sat with them.

I couldn’t stop staring at the guy with Hinata's purple-white eyes and long hair. Seeing those eyes on Hinata made her look sweet and fragile. This guy made them look mean and scary. But I just couldn’t stop staring.

“What?!” he asked stabbing his food. I turned to Hinata and pointed to the guy.

“Why are his eyes scary and yours aren’t?” I asked. The guy tried hopping over the table after me, but the girl next to him held him back.

“Chill out, Neji!” the girl said. “I said chill!” The girl knocked him on the head.

“You didn’t have to hit me!” Neji yelled.

“Um, Neji, TenTen, please stop fighting,” Hinata said. They had no choice but to listen because of the pleading look Hinata was giving them.

“Yo, I’m Naruko,” I said to TenTen.

“I’m TenTen. And this grumpy guy here is Neji,” she said pointing a thumb at him. “He’s usually easier to handle.”

“Don’t worry, I know a guy just like that,” I said thinking of Sasuke. “And much cooler.” Ah, that hit a nerve. “I’m kidding.”

“Um, Naruko, where are you from?” Hinata asked, looking nervously at a fuming Neji.

“Iwagakure,” I said absently. “Hey, you going to eat that?”

“Oh, no, you can have it,” Hinata said handing me her large chocolate chip cookie. I bit into it and savored the sweet, delicious taste. “It’s good that you’re so close. You can go visit your family.”

“Don’t have any,” I said chewing the last of my cookie. “I was dropped off at an orphanage. I have no idea who my parents were. Some family adopted me, and then sent me here because I was too hard to handle.”

“Oh, I’m sorry! I had no idea…”

“Don’t sweat it. Now smile and stop looking at me like that,” I said giving her my brightest smile. Of course, it wasn’t real. Saying that out loud hurt more than I’m willing to show.

“Yo, Naruko!” I turned to see Naruto making his way toward us.

“’Sup, Naruto,” I said bumping his fist. Oh yeah, we were that close already. Naruto already feels like an old friend of mine.

“Some friends of mine are playing soccer outside. Wanna join?” he asked.

“Hell yeah I do!” I said jumping up. “I’ll see you later Hina---Uh, are you okay?” Her face was flushed and she was looking down.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. You go on ahead,” she said smiling nervously. I stared at her, trying to figure out what it was.

“Okay,” I said finally looking away. I’ll just have to get it out of her tonight.

I followed Naruto out to the field. A couple of guys were kicking the ball around and some were standing around waiting. One of the people waiting was Mr. Moody himself, along with his own entourage.

“Naruto,” Sasuke said grabbing Naruto’s collar, “why the hell do I have to be here?”

“Well, you looked a little moody lately,” Naruto said nervously.

“I thought he was always like this?” I asked.

“Who asked you, stupid?” Sasuke said.

“What was that, ?” I asked getting in his face.

“You heard me. Are you stupid and hard of hearing?”

“You're asking for an whooping.”

“Guys, calm down,” Naruto said breaking us apart. “How about you settle it on the field?”

“That’s not a bad idea. But how about we make it a little interesting,” I said with a dark smile. “If I win, you have to talk to you fan girls for ten minutes.”

“Fine,” he said smirking. “But if I win, you have to talk to the fan girls for fifteen minutes.”

“You better be prepared to lose,” I said smirking.

“Bring it,” he said.

“Uh, guys…” Naruto said.

We ignored him, though, as we went to pick teams. On my team, I had Shikamaru, Shino, and Naruto. Sasuke had Kiba, Choji, and Lee.

“Alright guys, we’re going to win this. And, if we don’t,” I said threateningly, “someone’s going to get the snot knocked out of them. Got it?”

“Y-yes ma’am,” they said.

“Good,” I said smiling at them. “Now, let’s go kick their !”

So, to make a long story short, I lost. First, there was Shikamaru, that lazy bastard. He kept repeating ‘What a drag’ over and over again. He was lucky Naruto was there to stop me from bashing his freaking face in. and then there was Shino, the goalie. Stood in the same got damn spot and only moved when the ball was coming his way. Naruto saved his as well. And Naruto was better. He was actually pretty good at soccer.

“Well, it seems we won,” Sasuke bragged. I restrained my fist and glared at him. “Well, their waiting.” I looked to where his fan girls were standing and groaned.

“Damn it all,” I mumbled. I made my way there and tried to keep the pissed look off my face.

“Well, if it isn’t Naruko,” Ino said crossing her arms and glaring at me. “Did you come to apologize?”

“Why the hell would I do that?” I asked.

“Why else?! You were playing soccer with Sasuke, without our permission!” she yelled. the girls behind her gave a chorus of ‘Yeah’s.’

“I had no idea you guys controlled his life,” I said checking my watch. Ten minutes to go. Kill. Me. Now.

“We don’t run his life! We make it our duty to keep bimbo’s like you from corrupting him!” a random girl said.

“Who’s the bimbo here?” I asked looking at her poor excuse for a dress. “Is that supposed to be a shirt of a dress?”

“You don’t deserve to be near Sasuke!” Sakura yelled.

 I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I looked back to see the guys watching with a mix of fear and curiosity. Except for Sasuke, who wore a smug look on his face that was starting to piss me off.

More girls joined in to belittle me and tell me to stay away from him. What the hell was wrong with these stupid girls? To be this crazy over a guy, that’s just stupid. I tried taking calm breathes before I completely snapped. Nothing good would come out of it.

“Stay away from Sasuke!” Cold water splashed over me. I stopped with the calm breathing and looked at the person who threw water on me. She stepped back in fear and so did the other girls.

“Now you just pissed me off,” I said, finally snapping.