Chapter 10

Konoha Academy: A Naruto Fanfiction

I looked at down at my test in utter horror. How the hell did I get a 52 on my test? I studied for it. Sure, not as much as I should have, but it should have been enough. It had to me Mr. Hatake. That lazy bastard failed me on purpose.

“Wow, that’s a pretty bad score,” Naruto said peeking over my shoulder.

“What was your grade?” I asked hopefully. Surely I’m not the only one who failed. Naruto struck me as the stupid type.

“A 68,” he said smiling. I dropped my head to the desk, defeated. How the hell did Naruto do better than me? did the world hate me?

“You must be really stupid if Naruto did better than you.” There was that word again. And from the one person I didn’t want to hear it from. “And it was such an easy test.”

“Uh, Sasuke, I don’t think you should make her angry,” Naruto said nervously. Well, it was too late for that.

“I don’t think I heard you correctly,” I said lifting my head. I looked back at Sasuke with a cool expression on my face. “What was it you called me?”

“Uh, nothing,” he said backing away. I stood from my seat and advanced on him.

“It wasn’t anything. Did you forget about my warning? About you calling me stupid again?” I brought my foot up to kick him, but he easily dodged it. “Eh, what’s this? You actually dodged my kick.”

“Of course I did. I didn’t want to get hit,” he said.

“Well, maybe I should try again,” I said trying to kick him.

He continued to dodge my kicks so I made them a little less easy to dodge. He struggled to avoid them and I took that as an opportunity to kick his knees from under him. I smiled in triumph at him lying on the floor.

“Maybe next time,” I said encouragingly. I held my hand out to help him up, but he ignored it. He walked out of the room without a backwards glance.

“I think you made him mad,” Naruto said.

“He’s so moody. You can’t even joke with him,” I sighed.

“That’s just Sasuke. He wasn’t always like this. Before his parents were killed,” Naruto said sadly.

“I had no idea,” I said. “But still, he doesn’t have to be such a killjoy. Well, I guess I should go turn on the charm and apologize.”

I walked from the classroom and went to search for Mr. Moody. It didn’t take me long, since I’ve found out his hiding place long ago. I entered the garden and found him sitting alone on a bench.

“What a beautiful day, eh?” I asked sitting beside him.

“Shouldn’t you be in class?” he asked.

“Shouldn’t you?” I countered.

“Missing one day is nothing to me. It’s different for you, though.”

“And here I am, trying to make you feel better. Way to hurt girl’s feelings,” I said dramatically. “Now, are you really that upset about me dropping your   ? It wasn’t the first time I did that.”

“That’s not why I’m angry,” he said staring ahead. I looked at his face to see a forlorn look on it. Whatever he was thinking, it wasn’t anything good.

“Wanna talk about it?”

“No, I don’t,” he said.

“Fine with me, but when you do, I’m here to listen. Also,” I said scooting closer, “no one’s here.”

He grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap. He wasted no time and closing the distance between our lips. I was enjoying this secret relationship. Well, it wasn’t as much as a secret. We just never got around to telling people. I mean, who cares? It’s not like any of his fan girls had the balls to say anything.

The bell for class rung and we pulled away. Sasuke had this look in his eyes that said he wanted to continue. I was all up for another make out session, but it was time for English, my favorite subject.

“Sorry, but it’s time for class,” I said giving him a quick peck on the lips. I got off his lap and ran off to class.

Halfway to English, I realized I forgot my things in Algebra 2. That means I had to think up an excuse to Mr. Hatake as to why I wasn’t in class. I peeked inside the room to see a few kids already in there, but not Mr. Hatake. I hurried to my seat and hurried to grab my things.

“Well, it seems you're alright.” I flinched and turned slowly. Mr. Hatake was smiling behind me in a scary way. “It must have something serious to miss my class.”

“Uh, well, I forgot?” I said hesitantly.

“Come to my office after school for your extra homework.”

“Oh, come on! Why can’t you give me detention instead?” I whined.

“Because that’s too easy. Now run on to class.” I pouted and stormed from the classroom. Stupid teacher, giving me extra homework. He sure knows how to torture his students.

“You look unhappy, Naruko,” Hinata said as I sat next to her.

“Stupid Mr. Hatake is giving me extra homework,” I complained.

“Well, you do skip his class a lot.”

“Well, that is true.”

“Okay class, settle down,” Ms. Yuhi said. “Now, today we’ll be writing group poems. Everyone would get in groups of five, pick a topic to write about, and each person will write one line each. Then one person will come up to present it to the class.”

We then broke off into our group. There was me, Hinata, Sakura, Ino, and TenTen on one group. Why the hell do I have to team up with Ino and Sakura? This is so wrong.

“So, any ideas on what to write about?” Hinata asked.

“I say we write about Sasuke,” Sakura offered.

“Yeah, great idea!” Ino said excitedly.

“Denied,” I said x-ing my arms.

“Yeah, I agree. Not all of us are obsessed with him,” TenTen said.

“Well, how about school?” Hinata offered.

“It’s better than the first idea,” TenTen said. “And I’m sure we can all think of something.”

So, for the next twenty minutes, we thought up what to write until we finally came up with a decent poem.

“Naruko, who would like to go for your team?” Ms. Yuri asked.

“I’ll be going,” I said standing. I went to the front with our poem. Clearing my throat I began to read:

Why is school such a drag?
And why is our principal such an old hag?
The books, the teachers, their all so dull.
And the homework, why do we have to put up with the bull?
Dealing with stupid girls and a moody boy,
But it’s not so bad to get then annoyed.
Despite that, school can be fun.
Especially hanging with friends at the beach under the sun.
School can be so many things,
If you find great friends fill your days.

“That was great girls,” Ms. Yuhi said clapping. I did a bow and headed back to my seat.

“Hey, I think Shikamaru is glaring at us. I think he’s pissed we used his word. Nice one Sakura,” TenTen whispered. We snickered at Shikamaru. I hate to admit it, but that was a great line Sakura made. Maybe these fan girls weren’t that bad after all.