For You

Business Man

 

“What’s wrong with you mister grumpy?” Yoochun asked teasingly as he sat on my mahogany office desk. I was barely in my office for less than a minute and he’s already bothering me. A deep sigh left my lips, I don’t want to tell him but if I don’t he’ll keep bothering me. I sat up from my desk chair, and walked over to the large window space to the right of my desk. With the blinds up I could see the city of Seoul in view clearing my thoughts.

“Yunho~” Yoochun sung behind me.

“Jae and I fought this morning, or more like I hurt his feelings and he let me know.” I continued to look out the window, in the office I spent most of my time living. I really upset him, I didn’t mean to. I took another deep breath, since this morning I feel like I don’t have enough oxygen in my lungs and I’m suffocating because of it.

“Sounds tough, what did you fight over? Let me guess he wouldn’t let you put it in.” the annoying man snickered and I only grumbled in annoyance.

“Not even close, he wouldn’t help me find my briefcase because I wasn’t paying attention to him.” I turned around and went back to my desk to work on some files, “I got frustrated and yelled at him, which upset him more.” I pinched the bridge of my nose scrunching my face in frustration. “I mean I know he’s hurting and I want so badly to make his pain and frustration go away, but at this point I have no time to give him and he knows that.”

Flipping through some papers of importance I heard Yoochun clear his throat, “then why don’t you make time?” he leaned over from where he was sitting on my desk and snatched the papers from my hands. “I don’t know if you remember but, you are in love with Jaejoong, the day you guys got married I never thought it was possible for you to smile so much. Same for Jaejoong, you guys are just too stressed and stupid to keep reminding each other.” I made a reach for the papers but he took them out of my grasp.

“Look, no one asked you to do as much as you do, sure you’re the president of the company but you have more than one source of responsibility.” He sat up, beginning to leave my office my papers still in his hands. “You just prioritized them wrong; I’ll take care of these so you can go home early today.” he shut the door behind him, leaving me with an eerie silence and my thoughts.

“Damn him” I muttered under my breath.

I spent the next four hours slaving away at my desk, the thought of seeing my wife while he’s awake in the daylight making it possible. Even though we fought, Yoochun is right; I still love him and want to spend as much time with him as possible. As I finished signing the last request document the intercom on my desk buzzed.

“Yes?” strange that Junsu was bothering me, I told him to cancel all the meetings and move them to another time.

“Your…uh…wife is here” I chuckled, people are still not sure what to call him. Wait, What!?

“Se-send him in” the intercom buzzed again signaling that it turned off. Why is he here? I thought he was mad at me. I shot up from my chair and started to smooth my suit out then ran to the maroon red leather couch against the same wall of windows I was standing next to earlier. I laid down, wanting to look informal as my legs rested on the cushions crossed over one another. Crap, what if he thinks I was avoiding him just so I could relax in my office, maybe I should…too late.

My office doors opened and Jae walked through holding a well-designed box made of wood I assumed from the texture. His eyes wandered around the room, until his gaze met mine.

“Jae” a whisper but still there, as if he was my oxygen the restriction my lungs felt disappeared as well as the pain in my chest. He smiled slightly at me then bowed to Junsu who was grinning at me, giving a thumb up. Moron. The doors closed leaving just the two of us, there was a silence but I didn’t mind just looking at him I felt content.

“If you keep gawking at me like that I might leave, then you won’t get the delicious lunch I made for you.” He walked over to my desk and sat in the seat that I was just in moments ago.

“You brought me lunch? Does that mean you forgive me?” hope sparked in me, I sat up into a sitting position and hoisted myself off the couch making my way to the desk.

“Hmmmm, yes. If you forgive me first” Jae began to unpack the complex box that I just realized was packed with Jaejoongs’ cooking.

“I won’t forgive you because you did nothing wrong, can you still forgive me though? Believe me when I say that I never want to hurt you.” I walked around the desk to where Jaejoong was seated and wrapped my arms around his small torso from behind.

“Please BooJae” I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck inhaling his sweet scent of jasmine.

He giggled in return, “I already did when you left this morning, that’s why I made you this lunch.” He beamed up at me showing me the smile I love so much. In that moment I couldn’t help myself but to lean down further, allowing our lips to meet in a gentle kiss.

“Mm, Yunnie you have to eat this now before I go. I know you skip meals when I’m not looking so eat now to ease my mind.” He raised one of the dethatched trays up to my face almost hitting it.

“Also since you won’t be home until midnight I already made dinner that you could warm up when you get home.” His bright smile slightly wavered as he spoke but he quickly brought it back. When was the last time I had dinner with him? I took over the company a year after our marriage three years ago. I never noticed, heck I don’t even remember the last time I spent a night of passion with Jae. Have I really been neglecting him this much?

“Jae, it’s okay to be sad, I messed up and neglected the one person I decided to devote the rest of my life to. I’m sorry I failed to realize sooner.” Jaejoong slowly put the tray back down and lowered his head.

“I-it’s okay, I understand, really. Your father trusted this company in your hands after he passed away, you being you; you’re making sure the company doesn’t die too.” Jae took a heavy breath, letting me know he was crying silently. My arms instinctively wrapped around him tighter.

My head rested on top of his, “I know sweetie and I’m sorry for being so selfish.” I unfurled my arms and stood up correctly. I grasped the chair he was in and spun it around, “Just know that no matter how much time I don’t have for you, my attention is always on you. No matter what you want no matter when you want it, I promise from now on I will give it to you. Okay?” I crouched down to brush his dark black bangs away from his eyes before kissing his forehead.

Jaejoong nodded and s his arms around my neck holding on firmly. “Then can I ask for something I’ve wanted since you gained the company?” he whispered into my ear.

Without hesitation I replied “Yes, anything.”

“Cradle me in your arms like you used to every morning.” With no words I stood up grabbing his legs and wrapped them around my waist.

“anything and everything for you.”

 

A/N: I appreciate the nice coments :) I've decided to write more. Just to let you readers know this story is pure fluff but there might  be one rated chapter that will lead up to Jaes pregnancy :) thank you for subbing and commenting~