Chapter 7

Enemy Lovers [Hiatus]

I dropped on my soft bed and let out a long sigh. Everything becomes so depressing nowadays. I haven't even gotten enough or ANY sleep at all. It was just I feel like I'm under pressure. I don't know what to do but to just vanish. Vanish away from my problems. Vanish away from my job. Vanish away from Myungsoo. Vanish away from everything.

I stared at the ceiling for so long, trying to make my thoughts organized and planned. I can't just rest like this without anything accomplished. But my body betrayed me and soon, my eyelids got so heavy until I dozed off.

I wake up and realized that it's morning already. I must have slept for so long. I got up, feeling tired. I did my everyday rituals and went out of the house to the go to work. Not my agent work but my other work- the company. I stepped inside the large building and was greeted by everyone formally. I forced a smile and made my way to my office. As I ride the elevator, I saw my reflection. I look fresh but my eyes looked so haggard, contrasting my fake wide smile. My phone vibrated in my pocket, causing me to be shocked. I look the caller ID and was surprised to see his name.

Without wasting any second, I pressed to answer the call and put the phone over my ear. I didn't say anything and waited for him to do so but the other end was so silent. I looked at my phone screen again, checking if the call is still in line since I'm in the elevator and elevators got bad signal. But to my surprise, the call is still valid. I placed it again against my ear but nothing came out.

I took a deep breath and gathered every courage I have. "M-myungsoo?"

It was still dead silence and I can feel my hand shaking and clenching on the phone tight. I opened my mouth to say something again but I heard the beeping sound before I had the chance to. The call ended. And the elevators opened.

Much to my surprise, I dropped my phone and I heard the clashing of metal to metal. He bent down to pick up my phone and handed it to me with a smile. That moment, I felt like my worries faded. No, disappeared. It was like everything is back to normal again. Before I can even move, he spoke. "I think we should talk."

He grabbed my wrist and led me to the fire exit. We're alone and I felt scared around him. I don't want to feel this way towards him but I can't help it. He had pierced blade through my chest already. How can I not? But putting the feeling aside, I noticed his walk is a bit disoriented. It was my fault, I know. And it also caused me another feeling inside- guilt. But above everything, the feeling that surfaced right now is no other than nervousness.

He closed the door and locked it, making me alert and aware of every move his doing. I shouldn't be like this towards him but I was trained to. He looked at me and sighed. "Jinah, I'm not here to fight you or kill you. I'm here to talk to you... as your boyfriend... if I still am."

He probably noticed that I'm tensed over this. Feeling his sincerity and concern, I released a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. At least, that made me a little calm. "Of course you still are."

I noticed relief in his expression. "I just wanted to say sorry about... you know... everything."

"It's okay. You wouldn't do that if you knew it was me, right?" I asked as I sat on the stairs. I looked at him directly in the eyes and repeated, "Right?"

He squinted his eyes but nodded eventually. "Right."

He sat beside me and we were silent for a while, trying to make ourselves comfortable with each other once more. It will take a lot of effort to bring back the normalcy between us. The situation we are put in is very serious and not to be joked around.

"Nana," He started, causing me to look at him. "Nana, that's you right? Well, I'm L. Guess you already figured it out. As I said earlier, I'm sorry about everything. Not only about the time I stabbed you physically but also when I was stabbing behind your back about my true identity. But I think we're just fair when it comes to that. You haven't also told me about your side. But I'm not saying that to blame you or anything. I'm just sorry for this. You have known me as be the opposite of the 'me' that you met that night. I don't expect you to understand this but I really got no choice but to be the guy that you are hunting. I'm not also begging you to protect me but as far as I know, you did, you did protect me because I'm here right now, in front of you, than in a high-security jail. I'm thankful for that too but I want you to know, you don't have to do it. You will be punished if they find out and I don't want that to happen. I'd rather be caught that you. I also want you to know that I, Kim Myungsoo, still love you. I love you. And if you also love me back, please promise me that you'll follow my last wish."

He paused. I was completely taken a back and kept silent. He looked at my eyes and smiled. A sad bitter smile. He leaned in and captured my lips in the sweetest way and I felt a tear drop as I closed my eyes and tried to enjoy the moment. He pulled back ater a short while. "Forget about me, Jinah. Please."

I was shocked, that's for sure. He looked away and continued. "Forget about me. Forget everything about me. Forget that I even exist. Please, Jinah, promise me that."

His voice is begging me but I don't want to. How can I? "I-I can't."

I was surprised to hear my own voice, raspy and hoarse. I was about to reach out for him but he stood up and stood by the door. "If you really love me, promise me that. Just... please."

"No! I can't! I don't want to. You don't have the right to say what I'll do with my life. I want you beside me," I answered. "You don't know how hard it is for me!"

"Trust me I know!" He spat back. "And right now, you are making it so damn difficult! Just forget about me and it'll do you pleasure! Just....."

"NO! I don't want to and it's final!" I stood up and grabbed his arm to make him face me.

"Promise me that and I'll assure you, you're life would be better." He looked so serene, sincere and soft, just like his voice and the way he talked,

"My life would be worse, Myungs-"

"I'm not Myungsoo anymore, Jinah. And you're not Jinah too. From now on, I'm L and you're Nana. From now on, we'll be enemies. From now on. So please, I'm begging you, say that you promise."

I scoffed. "I won't."

And I walked out of the door.

 

 

A/N: Yes, a very short update. Sorry for any typos. I'll edit it immediately if I detect one. haha. I missed writing and updating. EXO's comeback is so well, right? That's why I'm back. I missed you all! Please comment and subscribe if you want to. And also vote if you really like this story. HAha. So, yeah, I'm back and I'll update soon. Hwaiting~!