Chapter 9

Enemy Lovers [Hiatus]

I woke up with a blast, trying to feel my surroundings. It's dark and I'm sure enough to say that I opened my eyes already... but I really can't see anything. I felt  a rope tug on my neck as I move my head around. Then, a rough fabric brushed against my lips. Is my head inside a bag?

I was about to touch my head to know the answer but my hands are tied together behind my back. Then it hit me that I am tied up in a chair with a bag on my head and a gag on my mouth. What happened? I honestly don't remember anything other than going to the club. What trouble have I gotten myself into? I groaned but the sound was dissolve through the noise of a jammed door being opened. Laughs came in next together with loud footsteps. Male voices. They are talking but I can't seem to figure out what they were talking about, probably this bag has made it difficult for me. I heard the door slam shut and I was about to sigh when I heard footsteps coming my way. I panicked. I have never been in a vulnerable state like this before. My feet were also tied down and the chair is freaking metal. It even seemed to be glued on the ground.

The footsteps came closer and in just a matter of seconds, I was blinded. I was blinded by the light that suddenly crept on my eyes. I closed my eyes in reflex and opened them a moment later. Still squinting, I tried to figure out who was the man in front of me and when I did, my breath was literally stucked on my throat.

"Let's get out of here," he said while pulling out a knife from his back pocket. Then a sudden flashback of me being stabbed in the chest appeared and I unconsciously cringed at the sight of that particular knife. He noticed it and he stopped. He had the look of a child that was caught eating a cookie. He looked down and stayed silent. A pang of my own guilt hit me.

"M-myungsoo?" I called him. His gaze travelled back to my eyes. "I didn't mean t-"

"I know," he sighed as he kneeled in front of me and cut the ropes tying my ankles. "I'm really sorry about that though..."

There was silence that envelopes us the whole time he set me free. After that, he held my hand and pulled me as he was walking towards the door. What is happening?

I was about to ask him but he pulled me swiftly with him as we exit the room. Is it really this easy to escape from here? Where are the others? And why is he doing this? Isn't it that he told me that we're enemies now? There are so many questions lingering in my head but I know that we don't have time for that. Maybe later. Then a realization hit me that maybe there's gonna be no later anymore. I mean, life's gonna end before we know it, right?

I shook my head. What is happening to me? I feel like some poetic aged person. I didn't notice where he's heading but I trust him enough to just let him take me anywhere. He opened a door and the sunlight came bursting on me. I adjusted my eyes at the brightness. It was afternoon yet I felt like it was midnight back there inside. He let go of my hand and looked at me sincerely, "Take care, Jinah. Don't let them catch you, okay?"

Though I was still confused, I nodded at him. "Myu-"

"Go now before they find out you're gone," he softly said and gave me a sad smile.

"W-what about you?" I asked. I looked behind us and there was still no one.

He followed my gaze. "I'm gonna be alright. Besides, I'm the leader afterall. So, go now."

"What? Are you sure?"

He merely nodded and gently pushed me outside the building. He was about to close the door when I held it. He gave me a confused glare but I just stepped forward and was about to kiss him when he turned his head away. He pushed me again. "Go."

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yes, that's my update. I'm really sorry for not updating for a long time. I got sick, having fevers on and off, and when I updated my one-shot collection, I thought I had updated this too. Turns out, it was in red, meaning, it was hidden. I'm so stupid. Haha. I'll update sooon, okay? I love you all! :D :D <3

BTW, there's gonna be only few chapters left before this ends that's why the chapters are really short because the story IS short. I didn't mean to end it quickly but honestly, I'm kinda losing interest in this. But I'm really trying my best to update, you know, since I'm also a reader too, I know that feeling. So... yeah.