Monday Morning and Breakfast

Growing Up

 

Chapter 9: Monday Morning and Breakfast

The weekend passed, and Monday quickly came to the doorsteps of Woohyun and Sunggyu.

“Young Master Woohyun, it’s time to wake up,” a maid knocked on the door before opening the door. “Young Master?”

“Okay,” Woohyun mumbled from his place behind Sunggyu, silently dismissing the maid. She nodded before closing the door; all the maids had learned quickly that they were not to wake up Sunggyu if he was still sleeping while Woohyun being woken up. “Princess,” Woohyun leaned over to kiss Sunggyu’s cheek before moving to the other side, “It’s time to wake up~!”

“Oppa, five more minutes,” Sunggyu rolled onto his side, away from Woohyun.

“But we have to go to school today, don’t you want to go to school with me?”

“School?” Sunggyu rolled over facing the other. Seeing the other nod, he shot up. “I want to go to school! Oh I can’t wait to tell all my friends that I’m—“

“Gyu~, you’re going to school with me,” Woohyun corrected, “but don’t worry, I have a lot of friends there, so they can be your friends too.”

“But what about my friends?”

“I don’t know, you’ll have to ask Mommy about that, but come on. We have get ready and brush our teeth and stuff,” Woohyun pulled Sunggyu off the bed, making the other boy stand. Sunggyu pouted as the two went through their morning routine. “Princess, if I let you bring your stuffed animal, will you come to school with me?” Sunggyu pondered the idea before nodding. He ran back to the bed and pulled the hamster off and followed Woohyun down the stair to the kitchen.

“Good morning, Young Masters,” the staff greeted. “What would you like for breakfast today?”

“Pancakes,” a nudge from Sunggyu, “please,” added Woohyun. Sunggyu beamed and leaned over giving the other a kiss on the cheek. Woohyun beamed and started telling the other about his friends.

“—Dongwoo-hyung is the oldest out of all of us, so he’s in the first grade already. He’s really smart but he still comes to my class and plays with me and my friends. He’s really nice, but he has a really weird laugh but so does Sungyeol. Don’t worry, all my friends are really nice,” Woohyun finished as the maids placed their pancake plates in front of them. Both boys chorused a ‘thank you’, reaching for the syrup and drowning the pancakes before digging in.

“Young Masters, the car is ready,” Siwon came walking in, smiling as he watched Sunggyu wipe the syrup off of Woohyun’s face.

“Okay, we’re ready!” Woohyun hopped off of his chair and gestured for Sunggyu’s hand.

“What about our backpacks and snacks and stuff for school?” Sunggyu asked as Siwon opened the door to the car.

“Siwon, already put them in the front seat and my school gives us snacks to eat, don’t worry Gyu, I’ll make sure you’re taken good care of,” Woohyun beamed as he got in the car after Sunggyu, allowing Siwon to close the door. “And Siwon Hyung takes really good care of me, so he’ll take really good care of you.