Angry Parents and Nap Time

Growing Up

Chapter 13: Angry Parents and Nap Time

“Sunggyu could you tell us what happened?” Woohyun’s mother took charge of the little meeting between the parents.

“Umm,” Sunggyu felt Woohyun squeeze his hand before he began his story. “Oppa and I were playing with blocks when they,” Sunggyu pointed at the group of girls across from him, “came over to us and said that they wanted to play with Woohyun. But Oppa didn’t want to play with them, so Noona came over and fixed it. Then Noona said that after block time, it was story time. Oppa said that I could pick the story for today because the boy that usually picks the story left school.

I went over to the books and then they came too. They said mean things to me – they called me ugly and weird – and I was good, I didn’t say anything back. Then she,” Sunggyu pointed to the girl in the middle, “ said she wanted my Hammie, I didn’t want to give it to her because she didn’t say please and Oppa bought it for me. So she grabbed my hamster and began to pull on it. But I didn’t want to give it to her so I pulled back. And-and then the other girl pulled on it to and my hamster ripped.” Sunggyu’s eyes watered again as he finished his story.

“He’s a lair, I did ask to play with his hamster.” The girl yelled, pointing at Sunggyu. “He’s an ugly liar.”

“Well, I guess we all know the truth now, Pik-Sook-shii, I would like to know the exact punishment these girls will be given.”

“Now, listen here Eunji, just because he told his story doesn’t mean it’s true. Those tears could be fake and he could’ve easily ripped his own hamster and blamed our children,” a father countered.

“And where would Sunggyu get the strength to rip his own – treasured – hamster, might I ask?”

“Well, he is a boy, and growing boys have random burst of strength, especially when threatened.”

“It would seem like Sunggyu was threatened, even if he did rip his own hamster, now wouldn’t it?”

“Why are you even defending the boy, Eunji? Isn’t Woohyun enough?”

“He is part of my household now, therefore he is my responsible,” she retorted.

“How do we know Sunggyu is telling the truth? Your boy seems to be quite fond of him, fond enough to lie for him.”

“Woohyun would—“

“I don’t lie, Sunggyu is telling the truth. I told them that girls were icky, and that Sunggyu and I were going to play with blocks because dolls are icky too,” Woohyun snapped at the adults. “You should say sorry to my Gyu for calling him a liar.”

“Woohyun, we do not talk to adults like that.”

“Well, he’s a bad adult. He called Sunggyu a liar and bad adults should be fired,” Woohyun countered.

“Oppa, I’m tired,” Sunggyu tugged on the hand, whose fingers were intertwined with his.

“We can’t leave, until Mommy fires them,” Woohyun explained as he followed Sunggyu and yawned after the other had finished speaking.

“Woohyun, I can’t fire them,” She sighed, knowing where all the firing business was coming from. “What Mommy can do it talk to them.”

“Fine, but I don’t want those girls in my class in anymore. They’ll just hurt Gyu more and can I switch Howon and Sungyeol in my class? So they can protect Gyu too?”

“Yes, I guess we can have that happened.”

“Just a minute, why should our daughters be punished? It’s clear to me that Sunggyu had provoked them.”

“Because a boy in a girl’s uniform isn’t enough?” Eunji turned to the teacher. “Is there any way to move some of the girls out of Woohyun’s class and have Howon and Sungyeol moved over? To insure that, something like this doesn’t happen again.”

“I’ll have to talk to the headmaster about that, but—“

“No, need, I can go talk to him right now and get this finished here,” Eunji stood. “Come along, Woohyun, Sunggyu. I’ll finish up here and walk you two back to class, I do believe nap time is after story time?”

“Oh yes, Mommy, I and Sunggyu are really tired.” Woohyun and Sunggyu followed the woman out of the room and into another room.

“Headmaster, I’m sure you know why I’m here,” Eunji explained why Woohyun and Sunggyu sat on the couch.

“Now Eunji, you know I can’t—“

“I believe a large check will be coming into the school from our company for your annual donation,” she persuaded and soon of the girls were switched out and Howon and Sungyeol were moved in. “Yes, this well be fine, it was so nice seeing you again headmaster. We’ll be leaving now.”

Outside the office, Eunji turned to the two boys. “Run along, Mommy has to go to work again.”

“Okay, thank you Mommy for coming to school and helping us,” Woohyun kissed the woman’s cheek. “We’ll be going back to class now.” She nodded and watched as the two walked down the hall and turned into their classroom.

---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---

“Ahh, just in time for nap time,” the man teacher, pulled out another set of blankets and pillows for the two boys that walked in. “Hmm, you’ll have to share, is that okay?”

“That’s fine, Hyung. Me and Gyu share at home too,” Woohyun laid down on the blanket that the young teacher had placed down and moved over, allowing Sunggyu to lay down next to him.

“Okay, everyone is tucked in, it’s nap time now,” he the stereo and soft lullaby music became to play, lulling all the children into dreamland.