Crying and Phone Calls

Growing Up

Chapter 12: Crying and Phone Calls

A rip was heard and loud sobs soon followed, Woohyun’s head shot up to yell at whoever was crying. He looked over before realizing Sunggyu was over there, rushing over and pushing the girls out of the way, he met with a torn stuffed hamster and a crying Sunggyu.

“Gyu? What happened? Why are you crying?” Sunggyu looked up at the other before holding up the ripped hamster for Woohyun to see.

“They rip-ripped HAMMIE,” Sunggyu’s crying got louder and Woohyun’s face went murderous.

“Who ripped Hammie, Gyu?” Woohyun turned around to see the girls backing away and the teacher behind them.

“Sunggyu-ah,” Pik-sook gestured the children out of the way, to get to the crying child. “Sunggyu-ah, what happened? You can tell Noona.”

“They-they-they were mean to me; they c-called me me-mean things.” He sobbed as he was pulled away, into Woohyun’s embrace.

“What did they say to you, Sunggyu-ah?” She turned and looked at the girls in disappointment.

“T-th-they called me ugly,” He wailed, wrapping his arms around Woohyun. “The-then they wanted my ham-ham-ster but I didn’t want to give it to them, so they grabbed it and I pulled back and then it ripped.” Sunggyu pulled away from Woohyun. “I’m s-s-s-orry, oppa.”

“It’s okay, I can buy you another one, or Noona can fix it. Right Noona? You can fix Sunggyu’s Hammie.” Woohyun and PIk-sook nodded at the crying boy, who began to calm down after hearing the young teacher could fix his hamster.

“Really?”

“Yup, Noona can fix Sunggyu’s Hammie. So how about we go into story time? Noona will get the Oppa from next door to read to you while I go call some parents,” she offered as she began to direct the group of girls and the two boys out of the room. “Be good,” she instructed her class before dashing into the class 4-B. She came out with a young man and his group of children, before trying to usher her group towards the office.

“Woohyun, Sunggyu, what happened?” Sungyeol spotted them over the children’s head. He grabbed Howon’s hand and pushed his way through the crowd and over to the crying boy. “Woohyun, why is he crying?”

“I don’t know, but I will find out,” Woohyun answered before both were guided in different directions. The teacher explained to the secretary what happened transcribed in her room before everyone was led to a separate room.

“Okay, everyone is to wait here while I call your parents,” she instructed before leaving the secretary with the group of children.

“Don’t worry Gyu, Mommy and Daddy are going to fire them, so they won’t make you cry anymore,” Woohyun reassured the boy in his arms.

“Oppa, you can’t fire children,” Sunggyu looked up, “But can Noona really fix Hammie? Hammie was special, cause Oppa bought it for Sunggyu.”

“Of course, Noona can fix Hammie. Noona can do a lot of things; she can also play a string thing, it makes really pretty sounds, and she can sing to it.” Woohyun answered. The secretary had moved the group of girls to the other side of the room, knowing how vicious the boy could be.

Minutes later, the teacher came back into the room. She noticed that the group of girls were glaring at Sunggyu while Woohyun and Sunggyu were oblivious to the world around them.

“Well I called everyone’s parents, Sunggyu, Woohyun’s mother said she’s coming for you and him. Everyone is going to have to explain to their parents why they were called to the school, okay?” A chorus of ‘okay’s were heard around the room before it fell silent again.

A/N: Surprise! Author E here, I've come back with a chapter. I hope you guys haven't forgotten me yet. :)