YG, Please Accept me!

A Diary I Share With You

Hello, Glum Chums~ Whytheglumface here! Just 2 days ago,on July 14th, 10 in the morning, I auditioned for YG over at Seattle! WOOOOHOOOO. Let's partaaaaaaaay! ;) The experience was hands-down, breath-taking. I've practiced "Hurt" by Christine Aguilera and perfected the choreography for "ET" by Katy Perry. Everyday I would practice, constantly reminding myself that this is an opportunity I must not waste. Saturday came in a blink of an eye. After some good lucks for from strangers whom I've acquainted myself with during the dragging trip, I finally reached my destination. Trust me, Glum Chum. The memory of the Korean Broadcasting Station Hall is as vivid as EVAR. (KBS, btw.) The windows were decorated with countless "YG Audition Canada/USA" with YG's artists plastered all over. I recall a sign stating "Registration here" with a read arrow pointing to the left. The moment I entered, the room where the audition will take place was right in front of me. Waiting room was relatively small, with some early birds making themselves comfortable. I sat over at the far right, almost feeling like an abandoned island because I refused to converse with the other participants. THEY WERE SO INTIMIDATING. OHDEARGAD. I'm never myself around Asians... <.< Besides, I was too immersed practicing silently. I was wearing a bright red loose shirt complimentd with dark blue skinny jeans with Thomas Hilston shoes. LOL I'm so precise. xD I took the my iPod and practiced the moves for "ET" twice. There were some over-excited non-asian participants in front of me, but I didn't mind. Just then, I see this checkered shirt dude that I recall seeing in the following interview! 

I was all like, "OHDEARGAD. It's him!" LOL. Anyways, there were 5 staff peoples, and one of 'em called out, "Anyone whose time slot is 10-11, please come up!" So, of course I stood, lined up and being all NERVE-WRECKED and sturffs. I received 6 as my audition number. I returned to my seat, with my passport, social security card and my audition form. The first batch of five people sat at the front, right side. The staff called out, "6 to 10, please seat over at the front." I was the first to sing, btw. I conversed a little bit with 7 and 8. 7's a girl, while 8's a guy. 8 was pretty cute. ;) Sometimes, I lol at this world for basing everything on looks. xD THEY WERE BOTH SO NICE. OMAIGAD. We also complimented each other at the end of our performances. After the first batch went it, the five of us took their seats. Staff girl comes up to us and says, "Anyone of you brought a CD?" So I handed mine over, along with the question, "Are we allowed to sing and dance?" Staff dude goes like, "Let me clarify that for you." 8 also handed over his CD. Staff dude comes back and says, "You may do both." In my head, I was all like, "HUZZAH." Sorry for my limited language usage, by the way. This is how I usually talk to people. Staff dude was adorable too! xD LOL. Dun worry. I don't flirt with people I just encountered. Okay, before I forget, I shall record the conversation me, 7 and 8 had. (Might cause extreme boredom.)

 

7: What's your name?

6: ________ (COURSE PEOPLE. CAN'T REVEAL MY REAL NAME.)

7. That's a pretty cool name!

6: Thanks. Yours?

7: ______.

7: Are also from ______?

6. YEAH. (We both live at the same city in Canada. OUR CANADIAN AWESOMENESS. But my ethnicity is Filipino.)

7: Me too! Which high school do you go to?

6: _____. What about you?

7: _______ I go to a white-dominated school.

6: What grade are you in?

7: __.

6: ___.

7: Yer one year younger then.

6: Yeah. Will you sing?

7: Yep! You're going to sing and dance, right? If only I could do both.

6: Yeah.

*awkward silence as I think of another topic to talk about*

8: Hey, you guise. So do we have to sing even though we only prepared dancing?

6: You can do both, if you'd like. But you don't have to.

8: Oh okay! You guise from around here?

7: No. We both are from Canada. 

6: *rudely taking 8 away from the convo* (GAH. I'M SO DISAPPOINTED AT MYSELF.) Have you heard of "I Love You" by 2NE1?"

7: Yeah I have!

6: Sounds great, doesn't it?

7: Yeah. At first though, I didn't quite like it cuz it sounded so foreign to me. But after listening to it a few times, I came to appreciate it.

6: Which song did you prefer? "I Love you" or "y Free and Single"?

7: I liked "I Love You" better.

6: You YG biased?

7: Yeah, cuz Big Bang got me into K-pop. They have a sense of individuality. I like SHINee, Suju and SNSD just a little bit, but it's hard to find originality from them. (I AGREE WITH EVERYTHANG SHE SAID.)

6: What about EXO? Have you heard of them?

7: Yeah. I have. I like them too. Except I tend to bias towards EXO-M  cuz U can understand them.

6: Oh really? You're Chinese?

7: Nope, Taiwanese.

6: Oh. I FEEL SO NERVOUS. 

7: Me too. It's hard for me to sound confident.

6: Hey, have you seen that checkered-shirt dude? I've seen him in this interview talking about what YG is looking for for the participants.

7: YEAH. I've watched the experience vids over at YouTube.

6: ME TOO. Have you auditioned over at SM? Since they had one in ____ and all.

7: No, I haven't. But I've heard they were going to have one this September.

6: Yeah. I've actually auditioned for SM but got rejected.

Staff dude comes up and says, "Good luck guys! Follow me." The five of us stoof up. Saw my mom with an "Aja! Fighting!"face. xD Entered the audition room, judge asked us to sit down. SUPER DUPER NICE, BTW. She's all like, "Okay! I wish you all luck! 6, if you can come up the stage." So I went up. Judge: "Whenever you're ready."

Sang the following lines:

Would you tell me I was wrong?

Would you help me understand?

Are you looking down upon me?

Are you proud of who I am?

There's nothing I wouldn't do

To have just one more chance

To look into your eyes

and see you looking back

Oh, I'm sorry for blaming you

For everything

I just couldn't do

And I've hurt myself 

By hurting you

LOL. Btw, camera man goes all like, "Oh!" I didn't even stop yet. <.< LOLs. Judge goes all like, "Thank you very much!" OHMAIGAD. I think they were impressed. How would I know? I didn't wear my glasses. xD (tbh, I think I look more "presentable" without my glasses. -_- So yeah.) I did a slight bow. 7 went. Good singing voice but stood awkwardly.  8's dance was cut down. He's a pretty decent dancer. 9 sounded as if she was going to have a breakdown. 10 sounded like an angel, singing "Blue" by Big Bang. LOL. Who am I to judge? I gave them all thumbs-up. 7 told me I did good too! HUZZZAAAAAAH. After they all went, I was like, "I've actually prepared dancing." Judge was all like, "Oh really? Why didn't you say so?" I think she sounded impressed. >< I CAN ONLY DREAM PEOPLE. The CD girl was like, "The CD didn't work." "I actually need it to be a bit forwarded. I also have an iPod and a speaker. Then checkered dude put the CD on his laptio and connected it to the speakers. HUZZAH. I got to converse with a YG representative, even if it's just for a little while. Did my thing. Got cut off. >< NUUUUU. T^T Anyways, gave me back the CD and iPod, slightly bowed.  

All in all, super duper impressed by the staff's welcoming attitude, compared to SM who were just plain old intimidating. Got out og the room and had to sadly bid farewell to 7. Saw 8 cross over the road. Tbh, I think they were more impressed with my singing, which is surprising cuz my parents finds my dancing a lot more stage-presentable. Anyways, let you guys see the results once I receive it. OHMAIGAD. PEOPLE. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME. Ever since I was young, I've ultimately enjoyed singing and dancing, so if I get accepted, I'll cry buckets of happy tears. kthanxbai.