Memory Four

It Was Just a Joke

Memory Four: Okay, OK?

Outside POV:

Dara happly simled as she skipped up the staris to Seungri's apartment. She buzzed the bell with a special rhythm that only she used. Her grin grew even wider when she heard a little boy answer the bell. "Baba, I thought you had keys! Baba's coming, Baba's coming!" Once hearing the buzzing of the door openeing, Dara skipped to her best friend's apartment, only to be greeted by a mini Darth Vader. 

He held up his small hand, and began making a fist. "Baba, I shall use the force against you." He continued to squeeze, and Dara played along. The closer she got to the door, she'd pretend to choke herself, and slowly fall to the ground. Once she got close to her new enemy, she pounced and scooped him up in her arms. "Ah! Baba let go of me! You're supposed to be dead!" Dara laughed, and cuddled her head into his neck. Her fingers found themselves to his sides, and she ticked him relentlessly, thoring him onto the couch in the apartment. "You are not my father! You're not my dad!" She continued to tickle him, his feirce kicks not phasing her a bit.

Seungri's mother watched from the kitchen doorway, her hair loosley tied up, an apron hanging from her neck. "It's nice to see you again 'Baba'. Make sure my boy doesnt have a fit from laughing too hard." She let out a soft laugh, and went back to cooking lunch for the family.

Dara smiled at Mini Vader, and stopped tickling him. "It's nice to see you again Dongie. Your Darth Vader impersonation is getting better day by day." He took off his mask, and stuck his tongue out at her, and threw her a flying kiss. "Dara can you lock the door, honey?" 

"Of course, mom." Dara stood up, and went to tend to the door. Seungri's mother fliched upon hearing Dara call her mom, but a tiny, genuine smile spread across her features. "Thank you honey."

"Ma, Seungri in his room?"

His mother peeked out from the kitchen, and sighed. "He's been locked up in there all day. That crab."

Dara's guard went up a little. It was unusual for him to stay in his room all day long like this. But she pushed it away, and proceeded to his room. Not bothering to knock, Dara went right on in, closing the door behind her.

Seungri sat on his wondow sill, no shirt, and jeans loosely hugging his waist. His hair was shaggy and went in all directions. Did he just wake up? His eyes flicked in her direction for a moment before returning back to the scenery outside. He let one of his legs dangle loosely out the window. Dara slowly made her way to him, and sat opposite of him, her on top of his foot, her legs separated by his leg. She didnt care if he could see her underwear from under her long skirt, knowing he wouldn't look there anyway. It wasn't like that betweeen them.

"I'm fine, if that's what you're wondering." 

Dara squinted her eyes at him, and really looked at him. He turned his head over to her, and stared right back at her. He wiggled his toes under her , pulling a small chuckle from her. Seeing her smile, a tiny grin formed on his face. "You're heavy, you're going to break my toes. I need those you know."

Dara rolled her eyes at him, and continued to sit on his foot. Letting her gaze wander back to his, she was slightly caught off guard to have him staring directly into her eyes. Her gaze softened, and she let her eyes wander to his forearm that was resting on his knee. Seeing the red lines running across them, her breath hitched. He continued to stare at her with his intense glare. 

Dara covered with one hand, and turned too look outside the window. A tear slipped past her eye lids, and then another, and another. She could hear Seungri's breath shake as well. She could feel his tears fall. 

He reached forward, and took her pinky in his, turning to look out at the sunset with her.

"Dara, you know I'll be okay, right?"

"Yeah, I know. Because I'll be sure that my love gets you to where you need to be."

Nothing more needed to be said. The two stared out into the sunset, silently crying together, pinkies interlocked.