Memory Three

It Was Just a Joke

 

Memory Three: What's Up, Puddin' Cup?
Outside  POV
 
"Hey, you gonna eat that?"
 
Dara looked up at the boy who was grinning at her. He nodded his head over to the chocolate pudding cup that was half open, spoon sticking straight out of it. 
 
"Excuse me? Of course I'm going to eat it. Why wouldn't I?"
 
He shoved his hands into his pockets, his grin only getting wider. "Well, I've been watching you for the past five minutes, and all you've been doing was staring at it, you haven't touched it once. And it's pretty rude to keep the spoon sticking up out of the cup like that. You know, in Japan, it's extremely rudee to do that because they look like the incense sticks you burn at a funeral." He shrugged, ignoring Dara's clear confusion "Might as well give it to someone who'll actually eat it well." He guestured to his stomach, grin still widely set on his face.
 
Dara scoffed and flipped her two small ponytails at him, and grabbed the cup. "You've been watching me? You're weird. This is my pudding. So please leave."
 
The boy sat down on the bench next to her, and snatched the pudding from her small hands. He pulled the spoon out of the pudding and it all over, not forgetting to drool a little into the cup. Seeing Dara's clearly disgusted face, he grinned in victory, and commenced his pudding feast. 
 
"My name's Seungri by the way." The boy looked over at Dara, still enjoying his pudding.
 
She looked him up and down before hesitantly telling him her name. "Dara," she shyly whispered.
 
Seungri nodded, and continued to gobble up the pudding until practically nothing was left inside the plastic cup. 
 
From then on, Seungri came back everyday to steal Dara's pudding. Everyday, Dara began to complain less and less up to the point until she opened the cup, stuck the spoon inside, and left it next to her so Seungri could come and eat with her. 
 
One day, while Seungri was eating his pudding, he put the cup down, and clapped his hands. Dara, not used to the sudden burst of noise from him, jumped a little, and looked over at him. "What was that for?"
 
"I have a great idea!"
 
"What is it?"
 
Seungri smirked, and took his pudding back into his hands. Dara looked nervously from the cup, to his evil smirk, back to the cup again.
 
"We should be 'pudding buddies'! It's genius! Think about it. What other kids here call each other pudding buddies?"
 
Dara smiled a tiny bit, and thought for a moment. He was right. No one really had that name.. "Pudding buddies". It sounded cute too. She actually kindof liked it.
 
"I like that, 'pudding buddies'," she smiled as she said it. It rolled off of her tongue with ease. 
 
Seungri grinned, and proudly puffed out his chest. "See? I told you I'm a genius." 
 
Dara nodded in agreement, and let out a soft giggle.
 
"Now, for the initiation," Dara looked at him with a confused look for a moment, and tilted her head to the side. "Eh?"
 
Before she could realize what Seungri was going to do, Seungri had already dipped his finger in the pudding, and smeared some on her nose. After he did the same to himself, he threw his arms up in the air and shouted "Pudding buddies for life!" 
 
That's where it all started: the true, eternal, friendship of pudding buddies.