Chapter 02

Stuck on a Hijacked Plane
Hyunjae sat in her seat staring blankly at her turtle in front of her. It waddled about on the portable tray attached to the seat in front of hers.

"Is that your turtle?"

Hyunjae slowly looked to her left to see Woohyun staring intently at the turtle. "Yeah, it is."

"What's its name?" Woohyun asked, placing his finger on the turtle's shell so that it moved about in place.

"Roy." Hyunjae smacked Woohyun's hand since she was annoyed that Roy wasn't able to move about freely.

Woohyun clutched his hand, pouting, as he sent Hyunjae a playful glare. "Why'd you name it Roy?"

"Can't I name it whatever I want to name it?" Hyunjae raise an eyebrow. "It is my turtle after all."

Woohyun merely nodded before he was distracted by something at the corner of his eye. He nudged Hyunjae with his elbow.

"What?" Hyunjae glared over at him.

Woohyun nodded towards the men in the seats across the aisle in the row in front of theirs. "Don't they look suspicious to you?" he whispered.

Hyunjae raised an eyebrow as she looked over to what he was referring to. She noticed the two men that occupied the seats wearing all black and whispering to each other somewhat discreetly while glancing around from time to time.

'They do look suspicious... It's not like there's anything wrong though right?' Hyunjae shrugged off the feeling and went back to watching her turtle.

"What do you think they're whispering about?" Woohyun asked her.

"It doesn't matter right?" she replied. "That's their business, not ours. Besides, you're whispering too."

"But what if they were whispering about plans to rob a bank? Or even holding the workers hostage in that new cafe that opened up in Seoul? You know, the one that sells the mudskipper juice." Woohyun continued.

"Well, it's not my problem." Hyunjae shrugged. "We have the police to deal with that."

"Ooh, I know!" Woohyun smacked his right fist into his left palm. "What if they try to take control of this plane?"

"That's absurd." Hyunjae rolled her eyes. "They're not going to hijack this plane."

"But what if they do? The police can't take care of it then." Woohyun frowned.

"If they do hijack the plane, then that ." Hyunjae shrugged before getting up from her seat.

"Where are you going?" Woohyun asked.

"Bathroom."

~~~~~

Hyunjae dried her hands before opening the door and what welcomed her back was not what she expected.

"You guys see this here?" one of the suspicious men from earlier said. "This here is a plane jacking happening."

Hyunjae furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at the back of the man standing several rows down. She looked over to where Woohyun was to see him on the ground, along with all the other passengers who looked quite terrified of the current situation. Woohyun looked pretty calm himself though, sitting there and his imaginary beard.

When the two made eye contact, Woohyun secretly crawled to the other side of the seats to make his way over to Hyunjae, trying not to be seen by the hijacker.

"Get down!" he whispered to her. She obeyed and crawled over to his area.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I was right! The guys from earlier are taking over the plane!" Woohyun looked quite smug about it.

"I don't think it's something you should be proud over!" Hyunjae scolded.

"Now lookie here." the man bellowed. "All of you better not move or make a sound. I'll shoot if you do." he waved his gun around for emphasis as he gave a smirk.

"Wasn't there two of them?" Hyunjae recalled.

"The other one went into the pilot's control room." Woohyun informed.

"Great. It really is a hijacking." Hyunjae sighed. "And it hasn't even been two hours since the plane took off yet."

"Yah! I said quiet!" the man shouted, causing Hyunjae and Woohyun to flinch. They looked over to him to see that he was yelling at someone else. They watched as the man grabbed an infant out of a sobbing woman's arms. "Quiet or I'll kill the kid!"

"I-I'm sorry! Please don't hurt him!" the woman cried.

"Shut it!" The hijacker shouted as he raised the gun, causing the woman to cower back as she held in her sobs for fear that she'll lose her child.

"Oh ..." Hyunjae whispered as she turned to Woohyun. "What are we going to do?"

"We wait."

"What do you mean wait?!" She gave him a look of disbelief. "We're going to die if we just wait!"

"I never said we weren't going to do anything." Woohyun corrected. "Just... wait. I'll figure out something."

"We're doomed." Hyunjae sighed, receiving a glare from the offended male.

"Don't worry." Woohyun said before turning to the hijacker, who shall be known as... Hijacker number one, for lack of better name.

As Hijacker number one continued to threaten the passengers, a gunshot was heard through the air as the plane gave a jolt, earning screams of fear from everyone.

"What the hell was that?!" Hijacker number one whipped his head in the direction of the pilot's control room. He glared back at everyone and commanded, "All of you stay put or I will blow your heads off." he then stormed off to the control room.

"Oh we're going to ing die!" One of the male passengers screamed.

"Let's steal his gun and blow his head off." Someone else suggested, earning mumbles of approval from the rest.

"It doesn't matter if we do or not." Woohyun spoke up. "It will only make matters worse if we do. There's a high chance that the pilot just got killed. None of us know how to fly a plane so if we kill of the hijackers, we'll be dead sooner! We'll have a higher chance of survival if we just wait. We're going to have to land sooner or later."

"Won't we die if the plane runs out of fuel anyways? We'll crash." Hyunjae asked.

"Well... Let's hope that doesn't happen then." Woohyun grinned.

"You're hopeless." Hyunjae sighed. "Wait, where's Roy?"

"Who's Roy?"

"My turtle." Hyunjae reminded. "Did you seriously forget already? I told you like, fifteen minutes ago!"

"Oh, well the other hijacker took it into the control room since he has a for turtles." Woohyun answered.

"He ing didn't."

~ 남우현 ~

I named the turtle 'Roy' just for you maknae (: