Accident

The Devil's Contract

‘Daehyun, where are you going today?’ You asked curiously as you peeked into his room.

‘I’m going down to the library to get some books.’ He turned back and smiled at you.

‘I’ll follow you!’ You smiled back. ‘Wait for me.’

 

In a flash you were ready and waiting for Daehyun at the door.

‘So, what makes you want to follow me today? That’s unusual.’

Daehyun chuckled as he pulled his scarf tighter around his neck.

 

The air is almost freezing because of the cold winter.

There’s rarely anyone on the streets.

‘I just want to spend some time with you, Daehyun. Can we take the bus? It’s cold.’

You whined as you rubbed your hands together in attempt to keep them warm.

 

Looking at you, Daehyun laughed and grabbed onto your hand, shoving it onto his pocket.

You blushed at his action but you didn’t move your hand. It feels warm and comfortable.

 

‘Would you like some smoked sweet potatoes?’

Daehyun asked as he walked up a stall by the side and bought 2 potatoes.

He took them out and blew on them then peels off the skin.

 

‘There.’ He said as the passed you the potato.

You thanked him and took it, eating it gratefully.

The both of you walked in silence, eating the sweet potatoes.

You glanced up at Daehyun.

*Daehyun-ah, what am I suppose to do. I really don’t want to leave you because... I think i have fallen in love with you.*

 

Daehyun caught you looking at him and stopped.

‘What’s the matter?’ He asked.

‘Nope. Nothing.’ You shook your head and took a bite of the still warm potato.

‘Y-you’ve got something here.’ He said, pointing at the left corner or his lips.

‘Here?’ You asked as you wiped your corner of the lip.

 

‘No. Let me get that for you.’ He leaned closer to you and wiped his cold thumb over your lips lightly.

Electricity shook through your body as you felt his cold thumb on your sensitive soft lips.

You took a step back and blushed.

 

‘T-thanks.’ You muttered, not looking at him in the eye.

‘No problem.’ He smiled as he continued eating his potato.

‘Her lips are really soft.’ Daehyun thought to himself. ‘I want to kiss those lips.’

 

‘Huh? Did you say something, Daehyun?’ You asked, looking up at him.

‘Huh? Ah, No! W-we’ve reached the library. Let’s go in quickly. It’s too cold.’

Daehyun stuttered as his face turns red.

 

---

 

‘Is that all you need to get, Daehyun?’ You asked as he carried two books in a paper bag.

Daehyun nodded.

‘Let’s go home quickly. It’s too cold. Even ice has formed on the road. It’s dangerous.’Daehyun said.

 

‘Okay. And i’ll make us some hot chocolate drinks that i just learnt from a cook book.’

You smiled.

You’re happily thinking about the time that the both of you can spend at home later.

As you’re caught up in your thoughts, you walked faster leaving Daehyun behind.

 

Suddenly you heard someone shout you name as you snapped back into reality.

‘Wha-?’ At once i saw a car coming towards you.

You shut your eyes in fear.

A loud bang was heard as you opened your eyes slightly.

You’re standing and still fine.

You patted your arms and legs, checking that you’re okay and looked around.

You caught a sight of the car, crashed into a street lamp.

 

Then your face paled as you saw a boy lying on the ground, a pool of red blood surrounding him.

*No. No...*

You ran up as the driver quickly got out of his car.

 

‘M-miss! Are you okay?’ He asked. You quickly nodded.

‘D-daehyun... Daehyun-ah.’ You fell on your knees beside his unconscious body.

Tears clouded your vision as you heard people rushing up to you and

talking to you but you just kept on calling out Daehyun’s name. In a distance you heard an ambulance.

You world began to spin as you shut your eyes, squeezing the tears out.

What you feared the most has come.

 

~Flashback~

You woke up with a jolt, sweat running down your forehead.

‘It’s just a nightmare’ You sighed as you looked around your dark room.

‘But it’s so real.. I could almost taste the death of... Daehyun.’

 

You shrugged the nightmare off and continued to sleep.

You tossed and turned in bed until the sun approaches and brighten the land.

The uncomfortable feeling is this lingering around you.

 

‘I should keep an eye on Daehyun for today.’ You said to yourself as you climbed out of bed, out of your bedroom.

‘Daehyun, where are you going today?’ You peeked through his door.

‘I’m going down to the library to get some books.’ He turned back and smiled at you.

‘I’ll follow you!’ You smiled back. ‘Wait for me.’

 

*It’s better to leave with Daehyun and makes sure he’s safe.

Somehow the feeling of losing him seems so real.*

 

‘So, what makes you want to follow me today? That’s unusual.’

Daehyun chuckled as he pulled his scarf tighter around his neck.

 

*To make sure you’re safe, pabo.*

You can’t help but worry about the unusual feeling and aura around the both of you today.

 

‘I just want to spend some time with you, Daehyun.’

 

~End of flashback~

 

You opened your eyes. ‘Where am i?’ You groaned.

‘In the hospital. Are you feeling better, miss?’

The nurse walked up to you and examined you.

 

‘Daehyun!’ You ignored the nurse’s question as you immediately scrambled out of your bed.

‘Wait miss!’  The nurse quickly held on you before you fell on the floor.

*why can’t i feel my numb legs?*

you glared at your legs angrily.

 

‘You should rest first, miss.’

 

‘No. Where’s Daehyun. How is he?!’ You’re almost screaming at the nurse.

She looked at you and gentle guide you back onto the sick bed.  

 

‘Your friend has suffered a lot of blood loss.The doctors are performing an emergency surgery on him.

You can visit him once he is out of the emergency room. Please rest first.’

The nurse told you and handed you a cup of warm water.

 

You stared blankly in front as tears rolled down your cheeks.

 

‘Daehyun....’ You said softly to yourself before bursting out crying.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decide to complete this fanfic tonight. :)

thank you for all the lovely comments!