Meeting

The Devil's Contract

‘Okay class, that’s the end of today’s lesson. Hand in your assignment by next Monday.’

The class became hectic the moment the teacher said that sentence.

Daehyun closed his books and stretched his arms.  

 

‘Daehyun-ah! I’m going to the arcade with Jongup and Zelo. Do you want to come?’

His friend, Youngjae asked him.

As usual, Daehyun just shook his head before standing up and leaving the classroom.

 

As he was walking through the hallways, a boy bumped into him.

Daehyun dropped his books as the boy just snickered and shoved him aside as they walked away.

Daehyun let out a sigh. It’s always like this.

Almost everyone assumes that he can’t talk just because he didn’t talk much.

He got bullied because of that, but yet he doesn’t fight back.

 

Daehyun since he was a child, he was able to see things that not normal people can.

He can see spirits. They’re everywhere.

He seen how evil spirits devour human being to take over their body, he sees them all around.

His grandmother used to tell him that it was a gift.

But it scared him.

He didn’t like it at all.

 

Daehyun walked out of the school compound.

He cringed at the sight of spirits floating around him.

They can sense that he can see them and that is when they pay close attention to him.

He heard noises but he couldn’t comprehend what they’re saying.

 

He shivered as he quickly walked to the bus stop.

  Suddenly his feet froze.

He felt a gush of cold air surround him, sending chills down his spine.

He knew something was not right but he couldn’t run.

A girl appeared in front of him.

She looked like a normal average teenage girl but he knew that she’s a spirit.

 

She circled around him, her feet making no noise at all as it makes contact to the ground.

Daehyun shut his eyes, praying that she’ll leave him alone soon.

But she didn’t.

She continued to circle around him but this time he felt her finger graze along his arm as she smirked.

 

Daehyun was shocked.

Never did a spirit manage to touch him or get near to him.

Just as humans are afraid of spirits, spirits are afraid of humans too.

 He saw move, but he couldn’t comprehend what the girl was saying.

Suddenly she stopped in front of him.

 

Her eyes are like a cat’s eye.

The slits of her eyes narrowed as kept moving.

By this time, Daehyun was shaking like a leaf.

*Please please please please leave me alone.*

 

The girl placed her palm on his chest as he felt a fuzzy feeling in the pits on his stomach.

He swore his heart was going to explode within seconds.

*What if she’s trying to rip my heart out and eat it?*

 

‘I’m not here to harm you. I just wanted to ask you for a favour.

I know you can see me and now, you can hear me.’

His eyes widened as he heard those words coming out from the girl’s mouth.

‘Don’t be afraid.’ The girl took a step back and smiled at him.

 

He didn’t want to admit, but she’s pretty when she smiled.

‘I know you have the ability to see spirits

. I’ve been observing you for a while. I’m not going to harm you.

I just want you to help me.’ She said in a calm but warm tone.

 

Daehyun was baffled.

It took him some time for his brain to process that he was talking to a spirit.

 

 ‘W-what do you want?’ Daehyun’s voice shook.

---

‘W-what do you want?’ The boy finally responded to you.

You grabbed him by his wrist and dragged him to an isolated playground.

 

‘I’m here to propose a deal with you.’ You said as you sat down on a bench.

‘W-what? A deal?’ Daehyun said rather loudly before clamping his mouth shut

as he looked around him warily. You rolled your eyes.

 

‘People can see me now. They won’t think you’re crazy talking to air.’ You said calmly.

 

‘How? Aren’t you a spirit? What are you?’ This time you can sense that fear is leaving his body.

 

‘I am a devil. Sometimes we spirits have the choice to either make ourselves visible to humans or not.

But most of us didn’t like being visible to humans because we wanted to protect ourselves.

And your ability to see us even when we’re invisible makes some spirits feel insecure.

That’s why many spirits would actually follow you or look at you when they sense you.’  You explained.

 

He just looked at you. You assumed that he understood and continued,

‘Back to our topic, the deal is that i’ll take away this ability from you but

you have to do something for me in return. I know how much you hated this ability of yours.’

The boy didn’t answer you.

 

Growing impatient, you grabbed his chin and looked into him as the slits of your eyes narrowed.

‘This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you and i’m offering it to you.’

 

‘If i accepted the offer, what do i have to do in return?’ Daehyun asked.

 

You bit your lip as you answer.

'Teach me.. how to  love.

’ Daehyun was shocked at your answer.

Love?

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong!

i was originally suppose to update the first chapter days ago but the BAP teaser killed me.

so much emotions.

cannot contain feelings.

 

Comments are welcomed!