Best friend Zone

I'm Crazy about YOU

 

You were inside your room, lying on your bed while hugging your huge teddy bear. As you keep remembering what happened earlier, tears started to form in your eyes. You were startled when someone got inside your room. Your body instinctively turned your back as you wipe your tears away. 

 

"Yah! Are you ok?" Sunhwa asked as she jumped on the bed and sat beside you. You sniffed  and faced her. Sunhwa was surprised to see your eyes puffy and red. "Yah...what happened Tia?" She asked again and you sighed. You told her everything and Sunhwa's blood boiled. She curled her fingers into fists. "That monster, what the hell does she think she's doing?" She said crumpling her face. You couldn't help but to giggle and sat up to calm her down.

 

"Don't worry. I'm fine now." You said making Sunhwa glare at you. "Don't worry. I'm fine now." She mocked. "That's not fine Tia. I know you're strong enough to talk back at her." said the furious Sunhwa. You lowered your head as you play with your finger tips.

 

"Hmm...I didn't know what get into me at that time. My brain wasn't working and my body just told me to run." You softly explained causing a kunckle to land on your head. "Pabo yah." Sunhwa said and you both laughed. 

 

"You know what? It's not like I'm trying to say Hyomin is right but, It's like a warn too Tia." Sunhwa said. You looked at her, tilting your head in confusion. "Warn? What do you mean by that?" You questionably asked. 

 

"Like what Onew and I used to say." Sunhwa said. "Don't raise your hopes too much. You know, even though there's nothing wrong on hoping he would like you back but just----just be careful Tia. I don't want you to cry again because of him." She said rubbing your back for comfort. 

 

"Hmm...I understand. But if something happens, its my fault already. I wanted this." You said and Sunhwa let out a sigh. "It's up to you." She soflty smiled.

 

                                        *     *     *

 

That night, back at EXO's dorm, they gathered in the living room for a late night movie trip. Baekyeol were ready witht their popcorns beside them. They were sitting on the floor with Sehun in between them. The other three was just behind them, sitting on the couch.

 

"Hyung, what did you play this time?" Kai asked the calm Suho beside him. Suho smiled as he pressed the button on the remote control. "I just played the Harry Potter." He answered. D.O. looked at him and began to ask. "Why did you pick that one?"

 

"Because these three here wanted to see some magics and spells." Suho said pointing to the three boy sitting in front of them.

 

"Yah! Sehun can be Drako Malfoy!" Baekhyun beamed. Sehun glared at him to stop him laughing. "Why am I dragged into this?" Sehun asked. "Because without you, there will be no bad guy." Baekhyun said and grinned. He then smirked when he caught a glimpse of Chanyeol on the other side, busy munching his popcorns. "Chanyeol can be Hagrid and I'll be Harry!" He beamed with eagerness.

 

Chanyeol stopped eating and stared at Baekhyun confusingly. "Yah! Why am I Hagrid here?" Chanyeol whined. "Because you're a giant." Sehun answered reluctantly causing Chanyeol's jaw dropped while Baekhyun laughed out loud, rolling like a buffalo. "Nice one Sehun-ah!" He cheered.

 

"Yah! Hajima!" Chanyeol whined as he covered Baekhyun's mouth with this hand just to shut him up. Sehun can't help but to chuckle. That was the first time that his other members saw him smile since when they were in the time of rehearsals. 

 

"Can you two please stop? We're trying to watch here." Kai scolded them as he hit their heads with the pillow. "Tsk, why am I here anyway?" Sehun muttered under his breath and stood up. Suho looked at him confused. "Where are you going?" He asked. Sehun sighed as he rub his nape.

 

"I'm going to rest now hyung. I'm tired." He said softly. Suho nodded and just wished him goodnight. Inside his room which he shares with Suho, Sehun went out from the window and sat outside on the roof. He smiled as he watches the moon.

 

'I wonder if she's asleep' Sehun thought. He fished his phone inside his pocket and decided to make a call. As he waited for the other line to answer, his heart was pounding. He didn't even know what to say once he'll hear your voice.

 

"Yoboseyo?" He heard the voice he was searching for. He cleared his throat nervously before answering.

 

"Tia..." He called out and he heard a soft laughing on the other line. He furrowed his brows and speak up. "Hey...What's so funny?" Sehun asked, scratching his head in confusion.

 

"Nothing." You paused. "You sounded nervous, that's why." You said and smiled hearing his voice once again. You forgot what happened at you school that you could only think of him right now.

 

"I-I wasn't! I was just...you know." Sehun stuttered as he paused, thinking for a good reason. "Know what?" You asked waiting for a valid answer.

 

"Nothing." He said. "Hey uhm...I heard you were crying when I called Kai hyung this afternoon. Are you ok?" He aked. You can sense that from his tone, he was so worried. You smiled sheepishly biting your lower lip.

 

"Mm. I'm ok now. Thanks to Kai, he helped a lot." You said as you were lying on your bed hugging the giant bear close. You inhaled the scent of Sehun that was left on the bear. Sehun frowned and gulped as if he was catching his breath. "Oh, too bad I didn't help you with anything." He said with a hint of sadness. 

 

"It's ok, really. Don't be upset just because of that." You said trying to comfort him. "Hmm...I can't help it. And it's just not because of that Tia. It means something to me." He said. 'Means something?' You thought. You went further just to explain to him but the latter can't be beat that easily.

 

"Sehunnie~ I said don't be."

 

"Sehunnie?" Sehun beamed up. He suddenly felt happy. You were in silent for a moment, surprised of what you have just said, until he broke the ice. "Yah, you called me Sehunnie. Is that your nickname for me?" Sehun asked in a teasing tone. If only he could see the girl right now, he would wink at you just to see your blushing face.

 

"No." You muttered. 

 

"Tsk. You are seriously bad at lying." He chuckled.  You pouted before sighing in defeat.  "So? I'm free to call you whatever  I want." You reasoned out. Sehun smiled and laid his back on the roof with one hand under his head. He stared at the stars but could only think of you for the moment. 

 

"I know. I didn't say I hate that name. Actually, I love it." He said. You smiled knowing how he appreciated that simple name you have come up. "Really?" You asked him as you roll on the bed, lying on your stomach. "Yep!" He answered cutely making you giggle. 

 

'He's being silly again' You thought.

 

"Tia...say it again." He said. "The what?" You asked him, pretending not to know what he meant. "That name you have given to me. Say it again." He insist and smiled.  "Hmm...Sehunnie~" You softly said and it made his heart skip a beat.

 

'I'm feeling weird again' Sehun thought.

 

"Yah, are you still there?" You asked when you hear nothing from him. "Uh...y-yeah!" He laughed nervously. "You're being weird again..." You muttered.

 

'She really knows me huh' He thought and smiled. "I'm not." Sehun said trying to deny. "Whatever. So uhm...are you ok now?" You asked trying to be sure. "Hmm, nope. I'm still upset." He said. You frowned as you think of something.

 

"You know, even though Kai helped me, you're still there to ask me if I'm alright or not. I'm touched by that already. Even in just small ways you show that you're worried, it means a lot to me." You said softly.

 

"You're my very thoughtful uhm...friend." You continued. 'Yeah right, I'm just a friend...nothing more' 

 

Sehun smiled when he heard the words you just said. 'So she's touched huh?' He thought as his lips curved for a smile. "I think I'm a lot better now." He said and you sighed in relief. "But---" 

 

"But what?" You frowned. "But I'll be more feeling good if you treat me more than a friend." He said making you choke your air. 'More than friends?' You thought as your heart pounded faster than ever.

 

"A-are you sure?" You asked trying to hide the happiness inside you that would burst anytime soon. "Yeah, of course I am. I want to be your best friend." Sehun said. As soon as you heard the "best friend", it feels like your heart sank. "Oh....yeah. Sure, best friends." You smiled, at least best friends could be close enough together. You're still lucky.

 

Oh Sehun of EXO is now your very own best friend. Sehun smiled as he held his phone tightly. "Now that I'm your bestfriend, I'll be having a right on you." He cheekily said. You creased your brows, anticipating on what will he say next.

 

"Are you free this Saturday morning?" He asked. You stopped and think for a while before answering. "I guess I am. Why?" You asked. You played with the bear's nose and giggled softly. "Well, I wanted to ask you if we could go out together tomorrow." He said making you smile ear to ear.

 

"Hmm...what about the others?" You asked. Sehun sat up and shivered as the cold wind touched his skin. "Why?" He asked and decided to go back inside the room and throw himself on the bed. "Are they coming too?" You asked. 

 

"No. Why do you always asked about them?" Sehun said in annoyance. He started to sulk again. He feels like you care much more to the others and not him. "Yah I'm just curious, ok? Eesh...such a grouch." You grumbled softly. "Yah...who are you calling grouch?" Sehun protested. "No one. I'm sleepy now. Good night." You said and hung up right away. 

 

You pouted and punched the bear. "Your master is such a grumpy person, did you know that?" You talked to the giant stuffed bear. 

 

"What the...did she just hang up on me?" Sehun said in disbelief. He groaned and called your number again. "What?" You asked as soon as you answered your phone. "Yah! Why did you hung up?" Sehun scoffed. You sighed and hung up again. "Yoboseyo? Y-yah..." Sehun looked at his phone as the call ended.

 

"Aish!" Sehun grumbled as he put away his phone and buried his face on the pillow. When the door opened, Sehun looked at who it was and only rolled his eyes as he looked away.

 

"Why are you here?" Sehun asked.

 

"I'm here because Suho hyung told me to check on you." Kai said and sat on the bed beside him. "What's wrong this time?" Kai asked and patted Sehun's shoulder. "Hmm...she hung up on me." Sehun muttered. Kai twitched his brows. "She? You mean, Tia?" Kai said and Sehun nodded. There was a silence for a moment until Kai broke it.

 

He laughed making Sehun shoot a glare on him. "What's so funny about that?" Sehun asked in annoyance as he threw the pillow on Kai's face. "Oow...calm down." Kai groaned. "Ok, I'm sorry. It's just...a girl hung up on you. Well, I know that's just normal for them to hung up on us. I just laughed because I never saw you so frustrated before." 

 

Sehun sighed and just stared at his phone on the night stand. "It's ok if everyone will hang up on me. Just....not her." Sehun mumbled. Kai smiled and ruffled Sehun's hair. "Let me guess, you pissed Tia off, didn't you?"

 

Sehun hesitantly nodded. "I guess I did. She sounded so pissed. And her cold voice is still ringing inside my head." Sehun shivered. He then shook his head as if he can still hear you. "Yah, what are you doing?" Kai asked. Sehun said nothing and smiled sheepishly. "You know, just apologize to her. I know she can't resist you." Kai suggested.

 

Sehun crossed his arms and think whether he'll make a call and apologize or just let you cool down for a while. "Now don't be stubborn. Tia's still in her emotional state, ok?" Kai added making you guilty. 'He's right. I can't just be one of the reason why she's frowning now' Sehun thought.

 

"Just call her if you still want to be her friend." Kai said making Sehun to look at him and smirked. "I'm her best friend already." He proudly said. Kai creased his brows before firing back. "Really? That's good then. Cause I'll be Tia's boyfriend." Kai said and left the room immediately leaving the dumbfounded Sehun. 

 

Sehun picked up his phone and made a call. 'Boyfriend? He can't be...' He thought and frowned.

 

"What's wrong with him?" You sighed. "He's so grumpy. Just a moment he's so nice, then turned into a grouchy man." You muttered under your breath as you pouted in front of the stuffed bear. You were startled when your phone started to ring. You frowned to see the caller's I.D.

 

"If you're going to nag..."

 

"I'm sorry." He said cutting your words off. You raised your brows of his sudden changed. "Huh?" The only thing escaped your lips. "I'm---sorry. There I said it." Sehun said as he throws his ball up. He then threw it in the laundry basket and smiled as he waited for a response from you.

 

"Hmm...do you mean it?" You asked trying to be sure. Sehun widened his eyes in disbelief. "Yah, are you doubting me?" He asked and scoffed. You pursed your lips and nodded. Realizing he couldn't see that, you giggled silently. "Maybe just a little bit." You said trying to tease. Sehun gritted his teeth.

 

'Now she's doubting me huh?' He thought.

 

"I'm not that bad, ok?" He said softly. "I know." You answered and grinned. "Look..." He paused for a deep sigh. "I'm sorry. Jeongmal, jeongmal mianhe." He said with full of sincerity. He was waiting for a response from you. You were touched to even speak.

 

"Tia...I'm waiting here. If you think I'm playing with you, well you're wrong. I'm sorry now, ok? Talk to me." Sehun pleaded. He sounded desperate. You giggled at how he was acting. It was new to you. You just badly want to see his sulking face. 

 

"You're forgiven." You said making the latter cheer in joy. "I knew it! You can't resist me after all." Sehun proudly show off. 'Old Sehun is back' You smiled of the thought.

 

"You're being conceited again. Would you please calm down?" You said. Sehun rolled on his back and grinned. "I am calm." He softly said.  There was a silence until a yawn was heard. You just can't help it. It was late after all. "So? What now?" You asked over the phone. "I don't know." He said scratching his head. You laughed softly at his silliness. "Pabo." You mumbled.

 

"Mwo?" He asked again if he heard it right. "Nothing. I'm going to sleep now If you don't have anything to say." You yawned. Sehun smiled at the corner of his lips. "Actually, I just want to make myself clear before I let you sleep." Sehun said sitting up straight. "Hmm, what is it?" You gracefully rubbed your sleepy eyes.

 

"Since you're free tomorrow, go out with me." He said reluctantly. Your sleepy eyes went wide as soon as you heard what he just said. "Huh? G-go o-out with you?" You stuttered making him chuckle. 

 

"It's just a best friend to best friend date. Stop being nervous." He laughed. You pouted and snuggled closer to Mr. Grouchy. Yup. You came up with the bear's name earlier since the one who gave it to you is a grouchy person. "I'm not nervous. I was just surprised." You said with full of confidence.

 

"Oh yeah?" He said in a teasing tone. He was enjoying it. He grinned like a mad person. "Really." You insisted. "Hmm...I still don't believe you." he said making you roll your eyes. You know he can't be beat that easily.

 

"So, will you go out with me...best friend?" He asked again. "I'll think about it. I'm sleepy right now." You yawned. "Good night grouch. Sleep well, I know you're tired. Say my good nights to your hyungs, ok? Bye Sehunnie." You bid before ending the call. "W-wait!" Sehun stared at his phone before he shook his head. "She didn't even answer my invitation." He sighed.

 

'Good night Tia...' He thought.

 

"Hmm...I was best friend zoned Mr. Grouchy." You mumbled as you hugged the bear closer enough. 'Good night'

 

                                      *        *        *

 

Saturday morning, you blinked your eyes few times before squinting them as the light hit your eyes. You sat up with you bed hair and sleepy eyes. 'What a perfect day...' You thought and smiled as the fresh air went inside from your window. Birds were chirping happily. Then something hit you.

 

"Wait a minute...I remember I closed the window last night." You mumbled softly. You turned your head to the side and realized Sehun was staring at you closely. You blushed as he smirked.

 

"Morning sleepyhead." He greeted.

 

"Kyyaaaaa!" You squealed as you pulled the cover over your body.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys =^ __________ ^=

I really wanted to start working on this =)

And I don't want to leave you hanging...so uhm, I didn't want to end this chap with sadness,

So here it is! Consider the last part as a sneak peek for the next episode ;)

Good night guys! I still have class tomorrow morning...I don't want to be late.

 

COMMENTS ARE LOVED AND APPRECIATED ♥

-from Shikshin24

NYAHAHAH! JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF HIS CHEST ^ . < ( I think Sehun turned me into a ert) XD

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE YOU GUYS!!!