A Normal Day on the Job

First Female Manger-The relationship between Idol and Manager

THIS CHAPTER AND NEXT CHAPER ARE JUST KINDA LIKE BACKGROUND INFO ON HOW SHE BECOMES MANAGER -KIND OF SPED UP lol 

-----------------------------

“I’m here! I’m here!” I yelled running into the room with my organizer and all the paper work I picked up from Lee Soo Man’s office. “It’s about time.” Exo-K’s manager sighed. “What it that you have there?” He asked eyeing the forms I was holding before snatching them away. “They are the papers to verify Exo’s next performance and the papers I have to transfer to the set design team.” I replied while he looked over them. ”Hmmm okay you’ve got that covered right? You’re the assistant. You do all the work so I don’t have to” I nodded and smiled bitterly before taking my place and my desk.

My name is _______ and I moved to Korea and few years ago trying to find a job in the entertainment industry. It was my dream to work for SM entertainment and recently that dream has come true. I’m the assistant manager of SM’s new idol group Exo. You see there are two separate groups to Exo. Exo-K and Exo-M but together they are Exo and consist of a total of 12 members. I was chosen as extra help and mainly help take care of Exo-K, which has 6 members. I wish I could say that this job was all I thought it would be and more but then I would be lying. I hate this job and the way I am treated here by those above me. Exo-K’s manager loves to give all of his work to me and even offers to help Exo-M’s manager by giving me his work also. My job is a living hell. I run around back and fourth all day making phone calls, typing up emails, faxing papers, making sure all performances and interviews are set in place, making sure the set designers and stylists are on track, making sure all members are happy, make sure dance and vocal practices are productive, chauffer the members where they need to be for schedules, make the schedules, and deal with the head of SM himself to re-ensure him that all is going well. As you can see I have no time to breath let alone sleep. I really should have reconsidered what my dream job was a long time ago.

“Well since you have all of that handled I’ll be on my way. I’m going to take the day off today since it fairly nice outside.” Exo-K’s manger said before grabbing his coat and keys and heading out the door. “Sure leave. What do I care? I do all your work anyway. At least I won’t have to hear your sickening complaining today.” I sighed when I heard the door close. “Okay so I’ll call the set designer and confirm the progress of the set for the showcase and email SM so he doesn’t hassle me anymore. Then I’ll fax them the paper work and when I receive it back I’ll mail it to the venue. When I finish that I’ll check on Exo’s dance practice and call the stylist to make sure the outfits are complete so I can bring Exo for final fittings. Then figure out what to do from there.” I said to myself looking through my planner. “Okay let’s start!”

Once I finished all the paperwork, phone calls, and emails I headed down the hall to Exo-K’s practice room. I quietly opened the door trying not to disturb the boys. I always loved going to check on Exo’s dance practices. Exo-K was made up of 6 young men that were sweet and kind hearted but worked through sweat, blood, and tears to achieve their dreams. They were always an inspiration to me and are great friends. Watching them almost made all of the hardships worth it because behind every great idol group is a great team with someone like me. Someone to help them along and set things up to make life a little bit easier for them. I loved that aspect of my job. The fact that I was somewhat helping these amazing boys makes it all worthwhile.

As soon as I walked into the practice room I could see the sweat dripping off of the young men that were in the middle of their choreography. They were trained to not respond to anyone that walks in or to react in anyway to the sounds of activity in the room. They were trained just to dance. I walked to the closet and grabbed lots of towels and bottles of water. I refilled the cooler and place the towels on top. These boys were going to need it when they are finished. I smiled at them seeing they were working hard as usual and sat down in the corner of the room. This is the one time I get to relax and I always look forward to it.

A few hours later dance practice had officially ended. “Aish! I’m so tired!” yelled Chanyeol, lying on the ground. I laughed and threw a towel at him. I got up and grabbed a water bottle and took it to him. “Here drink this. It’s not good to sweat as much as you and not drink water. You’ll get dehydrated.” He sat up and grabbed the water. “Thanks ________-ssi. Your like my second mom you know that right?” He asked laughing and pinching my cheeks. I laughed and swatted his hands away. “Neh I know. You guys are like little children that always need to be tended to and taken care of. Such an annoyance since I haven’t even planned on even having a child yet let alone 6.” I said indifferently. “Ya! What’s that supposed to mean?” Chanyeol laughed and yelled hitting my arm. My straight face failed and I started laughing. “I can never be serious around you” I chuckled. The other members gathered around Chanyeol and me, as we were play arguing and fighting with one another. “Ya! Don’t be mean to __________-ssi or I’ll hit you myself,” Baek Hyun threatened before pulling me into a protective hug. “Awww see someone is nice to me!” I said sticking my tongue out. “Put your tongue back in your mouth before I pull it out!” Chanyeol threatened before trying to grab my tongue. “Gahh! Did you see that? Baek Hyun oppa! Chanyeol oppa is trying to hurt me!” Baek Hyun released me before going after Chanyeol. The members laughed as they watched the two run around the practice room and play fighting.  I looked around the room to see all of their smiling faces and watched them fool around with one another. You could see the close bond between the boys. I think these are the moments why I actually want to keep my job. 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

Hey you lovely people<3 

I hope you like it so far this is just a short little beginning chapter so there is not much to it, I know. If you don't mind, please let me know what you think by commenting below. Thank you again~!!!!!!! Bye bye~