Childhood 8

Your Promise.

Jiyong's POV

 

My heart is pumping really hard as i slowly turn my head while stopping my footstep letting others ovetaking me.

 

That figure on the ground is dara.

It's dara.

 

dara.

 

"Dara! " i threw the baton aside and ran towards her , knelt beside her grabbing onto both of her dead arms.

 

 

"Are you okay...?"  i began shaking her , looking for any sign of life.

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

Like a mad person , jiyong continued frantically looked around for help with tears in his eyes.

 

 

"SANDARA PARK"

 

 

"WAKE UP !!! " 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Her heartbeat is slowing down!!  " a doctor called out.

 

 The nurses began running while pushing dara's bed checking her pulse and heartbeat.

 

 

 " Push her straight into the operation room! " 

" Her heartbeat is deteriorating ...." 

 

Dara was push into the operation room before the door to the operation room shut right infront of jiyong's face.

Jiyong stood infront of the operation room , looking at dara's bed drifting further away from him , with an unknown feeling rising up in him.

 

 

Jiyong's POV : 

 

Dara, it's dara.

it happened on dara. i began shaking my head.

 

Her smile and laughter began flooding my mind.

I felt a surge of emotion wash over me before i realise what she is to me.

My fist clenched tightly , and 

I cried . i was really afraid, so afraid that she might leave me.

That was the first time i felt that Dara might leave me .

 who  actually knew that,

 

 

in the end

 

 it turns out that

 

i was the one who left her first..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

"She's fine now." the doctor strolled out tiredly while removing his mask.

 

 i walked up to bom slowly with my head down.

 

"Noona,i...i'm really sorry. If i knew Dara's health is in such a state, i will not let her run no matter what happen."

Bom took a quiet look at me before breathing to compose herself.

 

"Jiyong-ah, it's fine, it's not your fault. Since she's fine now, go accompany her." 

i nodded my head sensing that the doctor would like to have a word with bom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

With an exasperated look, i walk over to dara's ward.

i carefully observe her from mirror outside , not wanting to go in to disturb her.

She's sleeping.

 

Millions thought just cross my mind at that moment. 

 

She's keeping something from me right...

 

How can someone who's just mainly weak in health be in such terrible and horrible state after running.

 

Her normally beautiful and peaceful face is disrupted by that frown and twitched expression on her face

 she's so much in pain.

Her chest will rise and flatten in time.

She could barely breathe but she's trying so hard to survive.

i took a look at her heartbeat monitor and i'm so glad that her heartbeat have been so much more constant than earlier.

 

Why would such things happen on such a fragile thing like her.

i turn myself over while shaking my head in despair and headed for the exit.

i cannot see her now, i might just break down infront of her.

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

BOM 'S POV : 

 

i clutched the bridge of my nose despairingly while thinking back again , what the doctor told me.

 

"Since both of you have this incurable disease , you know know dara's conditions! 

You guys may live like any normal human being but you should know that chronic diseases related to the heart is no joke. 

 They are diseases of long duration and slow progression.

As she become older, her heart will just get weaker and weaker.

It's just a matter of time, when she's 20 years old and above that her heart will start to fail and will evetually stop working.

 

I could say nothing now , but you have to understand the situation and dont let her do anything like this ever again.

if such things happen again, she might just collapsed. we're real lucky this time already. " 

 

However, please do not lose hope . Since the Bio-technology is improving everyday, there might be cure someday in the future. you too, take care."

 

i shook my head violently trying to get those things out.

tears again escaped the corner of my eyes.

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

 " Make sure that dara take her medicine regularly. " The nurse reminded while looking busy on her clipboard.

Bom merely nodded and the nurse looked up in hesitant.

 

" She.... s.she , cannot run in the future anymore and ... a.n.d for a lifetime, she have to depend on medication. "

the nurse said before looking at bom  turning to gaze at her fragile-looking sister on the bed sleeping with sympathy .

 

"O...okay. sure. thank you. " the nurse heard bom murmured, eyes never leaving dara,  before leaving the ward.

 

Once the ward door was closed , dara flipped open her misty eyes not knowing what to think of while staring at the ceiling.

 

......

 

She continued staring at the ceiling till she heard a melancholy voice,

 

 

"It's very boring right ... staying in this white little prison."  Bom sat beside dara and looked around the room.

"Developing this kind of an illness, only makes one feel more lonely. " Bom lowered her gaze as her tears threatened to fall.

 

"Bom , " dara weakly move her hand towards bom's hand.

" I'll accompany you "

" with me in the future, you'll not feel so lonely again. " Dara grabbed Bom's hand.

 

Bom broke into a geniue smile while tears rolled down her cheek.

"Let's stay like this forever " bom slightly patted on dara's hair with a bright smile.

 

 

Night time soon came and Dara was sleeping in her ward ,

alone.

 

 

Unexpectedly , someone walked into dara's ward and with a creepy smile , that person enjoy the time spent staring at her sleeping innocently away.

That someone then left something on her bedside table before lightly touching dara's hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That someone is not jiyong.

 

 

 

Who the hell is that someone .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

❤ MM